• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Curious about something I saw in "Story of junky" (heroin)

NativeBelle

Greenlighter
In the documentray "Story of a Junky", John Spaceley, among other IV heroin users, shoot there dope then pull it back into the syringe and reshoot and repeat... what is this? is it very dangerous? does it increase the high and save dope? Just curious>>

They're not really pulling much of the dope back into the syringe, they are flushing the syringe out with their own blood. It is done in order to get every last bit of heroin out of the syringe. I'm sure there are some slang names for this technique. It really isn't necessary and wouldn't make a perceptible difference for the average occasional user, but for addicts who are trying to keep themselves out of withdrawals on the smallest amount of heroin possible it can make a slight difference. I wouldn't think it would be any more dangerous than injecting normally.

The might just be "re-registering" to make sure they are still in a vein. Basically, you know you are in a vein when you can draw blood into the syringe, and since sometimes you can slip the needle out of the vein while injecting, people draw blood back to make sure they are still in the vein.

As above. Flushing back part way through a shot is to check you're still in, flushing when you're done is an attempt to rinse out every last drop. Then there's a third type of flushing done by those with a needle fixation. They get off on the needle itself, and will push, flush, push, flush trying to make the act of IVing last as long as possible. It goes against all the rules on IV best practice, but some users will reach a point where they're so tolerant to the effects of the drug that the conditioned response to the needle itself is their main source of pleasure. Now that really is fucked up! ;)

I think that this is actually what "booting" is really referring too. People do this to get more of the dope out of the syringe. It's never added to my high, and it can cause more stress on the vein.

I think that this is actually what "booting" is really referring too. People do this to get more of the dope out of the syringe. It's never added to my high, and it can cause more stress on the vein.

Yes the people I know who IV drugs call doing this booting.

Booting has nothing to do with smoking or vaporizing drugs off of foil.

It's called just "flushing" and I've read by polish sources that it's dangerous, doesn't increase the high and also creates damage to your veins.

It's pointless, just something people convinced themselves will get them higher and not waste there shit.. but it's just a waste of time. And yeah, I've always heard it referred to as booting too.

Should not be done, there is a negligible amount of active ingredient in there, it's mostly coagulated blood, and there is no point to doing this, it fucks up your veins.