• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids baclofen kills an opiate high?

concernedconcerned

Greenlighter
i read the explanation below about why baclofen kills an opiate high and mostly got it. what i am wondering is 1) has anyone experience this and 2) based on the explanation, shouldn't it be true of all GABA-B agonists, not just baclofen?

why does Baclofen kills the high of Methadone??

a simply explaination is that normally Dopamine neurons are slowed down by GABA neurons that are surrounding them. The GABA reurons constantly release GABA that 'hits' GABA-B' receptors on dopamine neurons to slow down the firing rate of dopamine neurons.

There are lots of Mu-opiate receptors on these GABA neurons, and when activated by an opaite, slow down the GABA neurons, so they relasese less GABA, so the Dopamine neurons then fire faster.

So when you take baclofen, a GABA B receptor agonist, it tells the dopamine neurons to slow down.

Interesting, hadn't heard that before! (not that im some Guru either tho)
1) I haven't experienced this, and both my wife and I have taken baclofen + Rx opiates.
2) Yup.

^
so when you take baclofen, you can feel the opiate high just the same? does it seem like baclofen potentiates it?

I have a rx for baclofen and norco and I didn't notice that the high was affected.

i take 110 mgs of methadone and about 60 mgs of baclofen every morning and if anything it seems to potentiate my dose, for sure it makes me nod where normally i wouldnt