• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs MDAI - Terrible hangover next day

Intrinsic man

Bluelighter
Last night at around 12:20 PM myself and my girlfiend ingested about 210-220 mg. of MDAI. What followed was one of the worst nights ever. I felt very weird and my brain felt like it was being scratched. The anxiety was terrible. I got weird feelings in my body and the back of my neck was experiencing odd sensations of warmth/an icy feeling. I was also feeling moderately nauseaus through out the night. The most predominant feeling of all was the sensation of being either freezing or way too hot. After about 3 hours we acquired some hydroxyphene (pretty much a benzo) in the hopes that it would make us feel better and maybe allow us to sleep. I'm pretty sure I got at least 4 hours of seep, maybe more, but I remained awake for the first 4 or 5 hours trying to sleep.

Now it is 3:21 the day after. I feel pretty terrible. I am very depressed and anxious. My head is feeling somewhat of an after effect similar to what I felt the night before but less strong. I don't know what to do with myself... I sit down to watch TV and then I feel like I have to get up and go somewhere else because everything seems somewhat distant and awkward (the only way I can put it really). I am still getting the hot and cold sensations but they are very mild compared to the previous night.

I am very worried about this situation and was hoping someone with experience or knowledge could give me some good news or at least some information I could use. I am contemplating going to the hospital but I don't know what good that would do. I am hoping this is just a hangover and I will be feeling back to normal later today. If not I do not know what I will do. If I do end up going to the hospital, what information do you think I should give the doctor about MDAI? I'm sure he will not know what it is and I would need to give him adequate information he can use in my prognosis. I'm really hoping it does not get to that.

It sounds like you may have experienced a mild (relatively speaking) case of serotonin syndrome. I looked up that drug name and couldn't find it. Would you double check the name as it could be relevant? There are many drugs that contribute to serotonin syndrome; were you taking any medications, pills, vitamins, or supplements around the same time?

MDAI is the correct name, there is a thread about the drug called "The big and dandy MDAI thread".

I feel as though seratonin syndrome could not be the case since I did not take a rediculously large dose. Of course there is no way of knowing. I am not on any other medications nor did I take anything else that would contribute to the release of seratonin.

It is now 8:53 and I am feeling a bit better. I am not as helplessly depressed but still depressed nontheless. The awkward spacey head feeling has gone down a bit but I am still feeling that as well.

Do you think taking some 5-htp would help? I have taken it before and it has helped with comedowns but I am afraid that it may make me feel even more weird since I am still feeling odd. Also, how long do the effects of 5-htp usually last? And should I take it this late at night?