• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Will I get any adverse effects from stopping oxy after 4 in 5 nights recreation use?

WayneRooney

Bluelighter
I got a supply last week. Have taken 30mg, 30mg, 60mg one night off, then 30mg again. I'm all out now. I've had my fun and have no plans on getting anymore.

But should I expect any comedown/withdrawal effects? I felt no adverse effects during my night off after day 3.

I've no history of withdrawal/addiiction/tolerance in the past if that would make any difference.

You should be fine. Maybe a little fatigued and achy with some loose stool but nothing to write home about. Likely nothing at all.

You should be fine. Maybe a little fatigued and achy with some loose stool but nothing to write home about. Likely nothing at all.

Cool. I have benzo's if worse comes to worse. But other than that I have a few days of work anyway.

Its been a nice few days though. Something I'll revisit I think sometime down the line.

Get some Immodium AD. That and the benzos will have you on easy street.

Your doses were not that high so I don't think they will be bad, If I remember correctly, the bottom half of my legs would ache a little and or I would have restless sleep so if that sets in you'll know why. Good idea to stop now. peace
I got a supply last week. Have taken 30mg, 30mg, 60mg one night off, then 30mg again. I'm all out now. I've had my fun and have no plans on getting anymore.

But should I expect any comedown/withdrawal effects? I felt no adverse effects during my night off after day 3.

I've no history of withdrawal/addiiction/tolerance in the past if that would make any difference.

The first time I ever used oxy I had like 5 days of fun cuz I had gotten a bunch.. And after they were gone I didn't have any problems at all. I am sure everyone is different but after 5 days there were no unpleasant effects from stopping.

I hope the same for you!

It really varies greatly from person to person, some people have no WD symptoms at all while some develop a physical dependence faster than others and are much more sensitive to withdrawal symptoms. However, if you do get any symptoms they will be a total cakewalk compared to WDs from long-term continuous use and will most likely be primarily mental (restlessness, insomnia, depression, anxiety). And they likely won't last very long. If you were self-medicating for pre-existing mental issues or pain, then these things may come back temporarily worse than before you started taking opiates. As for the digestive issues, opiates are very constipating so after stopping you might have painful defecating or even slight diarrhea.

You should be fine. Just remember that going back to using will just prolong the inevitable and that the longer you use the worse your WDs will be. Far far worse. And remind yourself that if you get any unpleasant feelings (depression etc) they are just being caused by stopping the drug and they will go away soon.

Why stop? No one seems to see any downside.

Is the joke that this post is made from someone named addictiondoc. Just to remain relevant I used percocets pretty much for a week and half straight and had little to almost none withdrawal symptoms. Good job though stopping this definitely isn't something you want to be hooked on.

I think that if there are any withdrawal symptoms, they will be so subtle you probably won't notice them, I once sniffed heroin once a day for a month and I did not have dope withdrawals, that's probably rare, but it was true for me. I think that the surest way to become physically dependent is to dose throughout the day for more than three days. You're body starts to become aware that it's needing a fix, of you're dosing in a pattern.

Does anyone else notice, the longer they use opiods, the easier they get sick? Maybe I'm just more sensitive to w/d but when I started like 6-7 years ago, this combination would not cause any wd effects. Now if I did that today I would definitaly feel some w/d symptons

Does anyone else notice, the longer they use opiods, the easier they get sick? Maybe I'm just more sensitive to w/d but when I started like 6-7 years ago, this combination would not cause any wd effects. Now if I did that today I would definitaly feel some w/d symptons

Definitely. Of course if you are continuously using you will get more and more physically dependent and WDS will get worse and worse. Are you talking about using with regular breaks in between? Like, say, the comparison between someone who is opiate-naive using for 7 days straight and someone who has a long history of opiate use using for 7 days straight after, say a couple weeks of not using? Most people still report the WDs getting worse and coming on faster even in that situation. Perhaps it is because the body and brain gets used to the effects and even with a break never fully returns to the state you were in before ever using opiates?

no past addiction ?? wow some people get carried away on here ,if u get ANY syptoms i would be shocked to say the least

Well I feel absolutely spot on today. (about 14 hours and a good nights sleep since my last dose) No physical adverse affects (other than a runny nose, which I put down to insufflation of the odd dose). And no psychological effects. Could anything present itself after 14 hours?

Like I say, despite how lovely I've found my last few nights, I'm ready to give it a rest until a later date. So just out of interest, how long would people recommend I make this break? In order to avoid tolerance ect?

If you don't want to gain any sort of tolerance I would suggest dosing only once a week. Any more than that and you will gain tolerance quickly (as well as empty your wallet faster). This is something people don't talk about often, but it is akin to "losing the magic" with MDMA.

In my opinion, the less you do opiates, the more you will enjoy the feeling they bring you.