• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Needle size???

That's a fairly thick needle, and not super-long, but it's not out of the question. Is this your first time injecting? If so, and you know how to do it properly and you have good big thick veins, you should be ok. Not something I would personally want to use long-term though.

A 26 gauge is just thicker than say a 28g or 30g, but it's not that bad. 3/8" is fairly short, a lot of people like 1/2" long ones (or even longer), but if the veins are big and close to the surface you should be fine. It's best to have more than one syringe on hand though.

You can get syringes at pharmacies and at needle exchanges. Here's a list of some of the needle exchanges in Michigan:
http://www.nasen.org/programs/us/mi/

EDIT: If this is your first time injecting I would do a lot of research about it first. There are some good threads in this forum. If you go to a pharmacy to buy syringes don't just waltz in and say "Can I buy some syringes?" - ask for them by name and size and look confident and like you do this all the time. And try not to look too young or like a stereotypical drug user.

One more question...i have deep veins in my arm, this is my first time injecting and i wanna know if there is any other safe places to inject at, thanks for al the answers so far :)

Your arms are the safest place. I'd at least try there first. Do a search on "injection" or "injection techniques" etc.

What makes you say they are deep?