• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heart Rate Increase with Heroin

GumbyClaymation

Bluelighter
Against all advice I tried "heroin" on Friday night. I was snorting it in small, but gradually increasing bumps every 15 min or so until I was feeling it strongly. To my surprise, one of the effects was that my heart rate increased significantly (about 50% higher than normal). My dealer swears that it's not combined with anything and that I may not be used to such strong stuff. There are a number of customers (whom I don't know well, but individual people nonetheless) who declare that it was an amazing rush and really good shit.
Are there circumstances that H will cause a rapid heartbeat, or is the dealer full of it? I have no other experience with H, but thought that it would make heartrate drop, if anything.

Thanks

PS I flushed the remainder of the bag after that night. I felt a bit sick today, but am pretty much over it and won't be going back for more.

You could be experiencing some anxiety since it was your first time using heroin. If not it may be cut with caffeine.

^Ya, that's what I was going to write. You were having a panic attack because you were worried about OD'ing, since everyone builds up heroin to be the king of mother death and the Rolls Royce of drugs, which it isn't.

-It's still my favorite though. :\

edit: Gumpy, be more careful dude. Taking in bumps of scag every 15 minutes is extremely retarded dangerous. I'm surprised you didn't OD in less than an hour.

Yeah, my top 3 guesses would be, in order:
1) you were just feeling nervousness and anxiety or panic, which raised your heartrate - most likely
2) the dope is cut with cocaine or something (people, especially dealers, always swear it isn't when it is, and I can always tell but some people can't, especially if they are regular cocaine or stimulant users, or are used to dope that is unknowingly cut with coke. Also the dealer may not even know if it was already cut by the guy who sold it to him. Even if your dealer did it he would probably never admit it)
3) the dope is cut with coffee/caffeine

I read the dosing strategy elsewhere. I didn't know how much to take, so I started with 5mg and waited to see what I could feel. The biggest I took was maybe 20 mg, and a total of 60 mg for the night. It felt lime a safe approach, but maybe not for some reason? Regardless, I am checking H off my list and won't be trying it again. Thanks for the replies.

The first times I did solely heroin I also got an increased heartrate. I've spoken to former dopers who also reports an initial euphoric rush with increased heartbeat a couple of minutes...

Yeah, I think it's normal actually. Especially when I've injected heroin, I do notice an increase in heart rate, but it usually then gets slower, and I think I remember a similar sensation with sniffing it too.

Some people get kind of speedy off opiates/opioids, and I've definately experienced that, usually more with oxy/hydrocodone, but heroin does it for me too. It's usually as Im coming down a bit that I feel sedated and nod out

You might get an initial heart rate increase in the beginning but it should get slower as you wait. Either way it doesn't matter as you aren't going to try it again.

Your body could just be having a histamine reaction and you could be semi-allergic to heroin or other opiates. Do you find that you become unbearably itchy and scratchy on other opiate painkillers? I assume you have done something along the lines of Codiene or Oxycodone since most people do not use heroin as their FIRST opiate

Yes, I've done some pills before I tried heroin. Never got crazy itches. I did get a little bit, but it may have been just the power of suggestion, since I was expecting it. On opiates, I also get crazy hiccups that last for almost all the next day, and I got that this time, too - very strongly.
The heart rate thing was persistent - up to about 130, and stayed over 100 for a couple of hours.
You're right, it doesn't truly matter since I'm not going to do it again, but you're providing me a great education. I always learn something here, and hopefully I can help others someday.

No worries, Every time I do opiates, especially Heroin, and I snort it as well, use to bang it, and I got out of control. However, I stopped for about 3 years and now I snort it a few times a month, and this shit is the bomb. I can get a tenth of this stuff and get high off snorting it 4 or 5 times, however, I prefer to do about half or more at a time. It is about as pure a stuff as you can possibly find, without making it yourself, and sometimes I do that as well. But back to your question, it definitely increases my heart rate initially, but after thirty minutes or so it begins to slow back down unless I'm doing something physical. I like to do opiates and go workout, just my thing, but that definitely makes the heart rate significantly higher than when I work out sober. Opiates affect me differently than most people, they don;t so much slum me out as they give me an insane amount of energy, I attribute most of the heart rate increase to the extra energy I have and my body trying to keep up and pump fresh oxygen to my blood cells as I'm usually bouncing off the walls, like now, when I get high. Hope this helps, if yo have any questions regarding these matters feel free to ask, as a chemist and avid opiate enjoy-er I can try and help shed some light on said substances from all aspects of it.

Opiates/iods can be stimulating. Im on methadone (what is known as a very sedating opiod) maintenance at 115 mg and it feels stimulating to me (for the first few hours) - even many years deep in opiod dependency.

100-130 bpm heart rate though? nothing like that here. That's my heart on a gooood dose of speed. I bet on either anxiety as others have said, or the caffeine thing.