Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Xanax, Lunesta, Benadryl, Melatonin, Vistaril)/ Very experienced/ Dreamland

xHippiexchildx

Bluelighter
I would have put the mg in the title, but I didn't have enough room. I'll do that here.

Ever since I came off of my suboxone a month ago, i've been having the worst trouble falling asleep. My doctor has been giving me lunesta through samples, because it's very expensive. I've been buying Xanax off the street because any doctor around my area already knows my situation, and will not give me anything addictive. I don't abuse the xanax though, I only take it as needed, mostly to help me sleep at night.

This happened last night, so in all, here is what I took. Xanax 2mg, Lunesta 3mg, Benadryl 50mg, Melatonin 5mg, Vistaril 50mg. I've done this combination before, except I added Ambien into the mix. It worked out quite well. I seen my dead ex girlfriend again. She hugged me, I even smelled her hair. I told her how much I had changed because of her. She has been dead since 2006. She is mainly the reason I started to get help for my addiction to opiates. Before she died, I promised her I would quit using, but I really didn't mean it. It was only after she broke up with me, and died shortly after, that I actually started thinking about it. But it was much much too late to change things.. The human mind is very powerful to remember stuff like that. But when I woke up, I didn't even realize I was dreaming to begin with, which sent me into a major depression. I almost lost it.

Before you say I have a death wish, I just want to sleep like a normal person. Me going without sleep is torture. If the CIA was to ever use this torture technique on me, I would break the first night.

So onto the experience, normally on a good night, I start to go to bed around 10-11. Last night it was a little after 10:30 when I first took the lunesta. I started to read the 2nd book in the wheel of time series. Didn't notice any sort of drowsiness after about 10 minutes, So I took 50mg of vistaril. After about 10 more minutes, I start to lay down to go to sleep. I'm feeling very calm now. But my mind is not wanting to shut down for some reason? My body is at ease, but I still have a billion thoughts going through my head. Normally when I take Lunesta, it works very fast. I get that metallic taste in my mouth that's absolutely horrible. About 5 minutes of laying down trying to go to sleep, I have little success. My idea of going to sleep is to pop as many pills as possible to reach that state. So what did I do? I took some melatonin. I have been taking the melatonin for a long time now. But I figured the more sedatives, the better. Laid back down for about 10 minutes, still not drowsy. So I went and found some benadryl that we keep around the house. Actually it's called Sleepinal. I took one of those, and went back to reading my book. After about 10 minutes, I start to feel kind of zoned out, like a zombie. Finally, I thought, I can go to sleep! I laid back down again. Twisted and turned for about 10 minutes. "Holy Fuck!" I thought. I totally forgot I had some xanax left over. I went to where I keep my stash, and got two blue footballs out. I took them both. Don't ask why, but I was already feeling pretty out of it. In the next 10 minutes, I was out before I knew what hit me. Like it hit so fast like an instant death would. This is where the craziest dreams start..

I woke up in my bed, or at least I thought I did, I proceeded to get up and go to the kitchen and get a glass of milk. When I open the fridge, it's completely empty? I'm like, "WTF?! We just bought groceries yesterday." Then I wake up in my bed again.. and each time this happens, I think i'm actually awake. I'm not even aware that i'm dreaming, not yet. This repeats about a total of 6 times. The last time I wake up from another dream, a friend I haven't seen since middle school is standing in front of me. And he has these wings, like the Angels in heaven would have? He asks me if I wanted to learn how to fly. I said, sure. He then proceeds to walk out of my door, and flies off in super speed, and then completely just disappears. At this point, I realize i'm dreaming. I had read about it somewhere that if you know how, you can control your dreams. I was quite aware about this during my dream. My current objective this time was to have a set of angel wings like my friend. I probably woke up in another dream about another 5 times before I finally figured out how to get the wings. Do not ask.. I think it was luck that I actually did this. So here comes the hard part, how do I use them? I proceeded to go outside, walk off my porch and fly. This was extremely difficult. I tried many weird techniques that would work at first, then I would actually start falling back down to the earth because my wings would just stop flapping. I have no clue how many failed attempts I had. But I finally figured out how to do it. If I held my legs up to my chest, I could control them. So I started to fly. It felt soooo real. I could feel the wind resistance going against my body as I fly upwards. I flew sooo high. I could see my town. I could see pretty much anything in a 3 mile radius. The only weird part was I couldn't see anyone else. This was weird, and had me about to panic. Normally when I dream, I see many many other people, some I know, some I don't. Eventually I flew so high up that I was eventually above the clouds. This was the greatest experience I've ever felt. The whole time while i'm flying my adrenaline is pumping so hard. Then out of nowhere the worst of the worst happens.. I lose control of my wings. I then start a million miles per hour nose dive back towards earth. I was completely terrified at this point. I knew if I hit the ground, it might kill me.. let me elaborate more on this. I've dreamed this combination before. It's just as real as me typing this report. If you shake somebodies hand, it actually feels like you really just shook their hand. If someone punches you in the face, you actually feel the pain! Your five sense are completely at work during these dreams, your rational thinking is too. So somehow, I managed to wake myself up before I hit rock bottom. My heart has never beat so fast in my entire life. I felt my chest, and my heart was literally about to leave my chest and go run a marathon. I was sweating something awful. It was only about 6am when I woke up.. I thought about this dream for a few, and about what it meant. I was still so tired though, I ended up falling back to sleep.. going to dreamland once again.

I had wayyy more crazy dreams before I woke up today at 11am, but nothing like that first one. Dreams have the potential to beat psychedelics in my opinion. There are no drugs on this earth that can make you fly. But in dreamland.. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! Use your imagination.. the trick to controlling your dreams involves taking something like Melatonin, and then realize you are dreaming when it happens. Maybe if your thing is having sex with some movie star you're obsessed with, it's very possible on this combination i'm sure.. Maybe i'll try that next time. I think it was actually the xanax that brought out these amazing lifelike dreams.. but i'll never know.

Anyways, thanks for reading my report. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I mean, being completely asleep but at the same time being completely aware that you are dreaming? Then being able to control said dreams? I think this topic needs to be studied more..=D

Take heed to your own advice. A slightly higher dose or adding another cns depressant to that mix could be fatal.

There are plenty of drugs which induce dreams. You do not have to gamble with your life like that.

For some reason, my mind just doesn't want to shutdown at night. This pisses me off so bad. I just want to sleep like a normal person..

I've tried all the best sleeping pills, and they barely worked. Lunesta is grade A, they say. It barely even works. The only thing that has come close to putting me to sleep is trazadone, but my doctor will not give me that. What an asshole.. making my life hell. Making me have to take all these different sedatives to sleep hours at the time, and wake up, then sleep some more until morning gets here.

When I was taking DXM recreationally, I slept good every night. When I was on suboxone, I slept good every night. Now that i'm almost stone cold sober, it's extremely difficult for me to sleep. I need sleep, or i'll go crazy. It's the only thing that gets me away from this world. Dreaming like i've been doing has been amazing. I can create my own world, and do whatever I want.. that was the best sensation i've ever felt. Flying...

I've taken combinations like this many many times before. So my tolerance has went up a little bit for the drugs.

Last edited:
Have you ever tried cyclobenzaprine for sleep? It is not its intended use, but it always knocks me out.

Perhaps a psychiatrist might help you get a quality night's sleep more efficiently than combinations of drugs? Something on your mind?

Have you ever tried cyclobenzaprine for sleep? It is not its intended use, but it always knocks me out.

I tried that with a combination of these other drugs. It worked pretty well. But it's hard to find them. And I doubt my doctor will give me any.

Perhaps a psychiatrist might help you get a quality night's sleep more efficiently than combinations of drugs? Something on your mind?

View my thread in the darkside forum. My doctor will never give me anything addictive. I had to beg and plead for him to give me lunesta. Maybe one day i'll try a different sleeping combination and never wake up..

If you're having trouble sleeping, I've consistently been able to sleep when I want after smoking weed. I can smoke a blunt then chug a red bull and go right to sleep.

and it's non-addictive! lol

but if you're trying to dream i've heard that marijuana use like limits dreams in some way. I have not been able to remember a dream in a long long while.

If I smoke some weed, I'm liable to go into a bipolar episode. My bipolar is like a feather switch. It can go off at anytime literally. The only way I continue to do psychs or weed is by taking xanax to calm me the hell down so I don't freak out.

Have you tried mirtazapine? It usually works very well for me and is very inexpensive ($4 month). The times I need to give it a boost I'll add 5mg ambien.

Have you tried mirtazapine? It usually works very well for me and is very inexpensive ($4 month). The times I need to give it a boost I'll add 5mg ambien.

Oh God.. I have some unpleasant memories with remeron.. It worked great for helping me sleep.. but it also give me crazy unusual side effects that i'm not going to describe in detail.

Those compouds have very low respiratory dangers. He was fairly safe.

But the mind blowing fuckedness of a combo like this, he should have went completely apeshit if he didn't go directly to sleep...

Finally, someone understands how bad my insomnia is! I thought I was the only one that seen this. I thought I might be going crazy?

For some reason, my mind just doesn't want to shutdown at night. This pisses me off so bad. I just want to sleep like a normal person..

I've tried all the best sleeping pills, and they barely worked. Lunesta is grade A, they say. It barely even works. The only thing that has come close to putting me to sleep is trazadone, but my doctor will not give me that. What an asshole.. making my life hell. Making me have to take all these different sedatives to sleep hours at the time, and wake up, then sleep some more until morning gets here.

When I was taking DXM recreationally, I slept good every night. When I was on suboxone, I slept good every night. Now that i'm almost stone cold sober, it's extremely difficult for me to sleep. I need sleep, or i'll go crazy. It's the only thing that gets me away from this world. Dreaming like i've been doing has been amazing. I can create my own world, and do whatever I want.. that was the best sensation i've ever felt. Flying...

I've taken combinations like this many many times before. So my tolerance has went up a little bit for the drugs.

I don't understand why you can't get Trazodone. I see no rec value in it, and believe me I've tried lol.
I take Ambien 10mg, trazodone 100 mg, neuroton 1,200 mg, Seroquel 300 mg and Valium 10 mg.
I honestly feel for you. I could never sleep. I would just give up, go downstairs, turn on the tv and cry. I was so desperate to sleep. It takes all those meds above to make me sleep and i still have insomnia nights...like now.
I would find a new dr and not tell them your history of abuse. I know someone who said they just moved to our state and never had a psych therefore no records were released to the new dr.
Just an idea. Good luck!!!

I seen that on other websites that it has low potential for abuse.

Actually, I spoke with my doctor last week, and he can't give me trazadone because it interacts with the strattera..

Im currently on remeron and it gives me intense, visual, movie like dreams. What you had was either a WILD (wake induced lucid dream) or just a regular lucid dream. I love astral projection (WILD. kinda) when i can slowly crawl out of my body and see myself and girlfriend sleeping on the bed. All you have to do to fly is tell yourself its possible and just jump as high as you can! I wish i had more lucid dreams, i agree with you that they're better then any drug can offer. You can even get high in your dreams ;]

Im also taking suboxone and im trying to wean myself off, i feel as though having more lucid dreams will help me, sorry if i sound crazy (im half crazy) but its great.

wow. okay, so i didn't read anything apart from your dosages. but, fuck. that is less than i take on on optimum...minimum...amount of psychiatrist prescribed drugs just to function. it always bothers me to read shit like this...no wonder i seem like a goddamn drug seeker.
THAT'S JUST ME THO, IMO IMO IMHO IMHOOOOOO.

I still dream of dead boyfriend! Sometimes good dreams , mostly bade- where he's had something horrible happen (but not as bad as death) and everyone is hiding it from me - like him being in a wheelchair for life I could''t handle - but death I can. Remember it's a dream. Still over a decade later - so much I want to make up for, or take back! Have wicked insomnia - usually up all night. Like you - can't touch pot - brings on the worst paranoid thought. Ironic as used to take up all the time with boyfriend. Recent fun was watching them disconnect my dad from life support and die ought in front of my eyes. Now if that doesn't want to keep you up all night - rather the remember - don't know what will. So - up again all night - because it's that or trying to turn the mental images off - not happening.

Sorry - not illiterate git - just massive typos on this small reply board. But if you ever want o talk about how death effects you - most people run the other way!) just shoot me a message.