• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Crackdown on medical marijuana in Colorado has begun

thiz master

Bluelighter
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...eral_n_1202725.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

The Associated Press reports that federal officials are beginning a California-style crackdown on medical marijuana businesses in Colorado.

Letters were sent out to 23 medical marijuana businesses in Colorado on Thursday, according to The Denver Post. This is the most aggressive law-enforcement action that the federal government has pursued in the state.

The reasoning behind the 1,000 foot boundary stems from federal law which uses that measurement as a factor in drug crime sentencing. There are many dispensaries in Colorado that are within 1,000 feet of schools, according to High Times, because they were approved by local laws to do so. However, the federal law trumps the state law.

i can see why they dont want it near schools (i guess) but it is still not against state law to be that close.

It has little to do with schools.
They are pursuing the agenda of the drug war - to stop people from feeling good/ relieving pain / relaxing on drugs that don't profit one of three industries: pharms, alcohol, tobacco.

I wonder how many people pissed off by this will vote for Romney as retaliation. Hunch: zero.

America needs a strong third party.

^ America needs a fucking revolution not a 3rd party.

I know someone in Colorado who get's medical cannabis for their condition and no doubt they are going to be very infuriated by fascist intrusion into their lives.

How is the 1000ft boundary at all relevant if no drug crime is occurring? Walgreen's is allowed to sell much harder drugs within 1000ft of schools all over the place. This is manipulation of the law to serve a political purpose, and gross misuse of power.

Why are you trying to make sense out of a nonsensical law? The war on drugs has nothing to do with logic and facts. It's based around the propagation of myths and the paychecks of a few select individuals. Our government is so corrupt that the people don't even see it.

so this will be california all over again?

meaning some dispensaries probably get busted, some get shut down, some get hit with tax bills, but largely.... most of them are still open.
Its not like the gov't has declared victory in cali or washington and now is moving to colorado...

its going to be long and drawn out - the mmj industry isn't just going to disappear or collapse over night - both sides are fighting. Neither side is in a position to end the fighting and come out on top just yet.

^ America needs a fucking revolution not a 3rd party.

<snip>.

YES we most CERTAINLY do. This country is more fucked up than EVER. Obama did NOT support medical cannabis, which is bullshit on his part and I won't vote for him again as a result.

Romney? Fuck that asshole.
I have come to hate the whitehouse and government.
They are all thieves.

i dont understand because its suppose to be the states have the power to have their own laws i mean is that not in our constitution...obama wants to be a dictator and we need to stand up and get the feds out of all our personal lives and business

I would be careful with the talk about revolution guys. With these new bills passing the government will soon have the power to strip your citizenship and detain you without trial for that. See the current events and politics board for more details

Another 4 years of Obama and we will have a revolution.

And voting for a republican or any 3rd party candidate is going to change what? The system is so utterly corrupt and degraded that there is simply no fixing it in my view atleast and this goes for Canada as well. So short of violent insurrection taking place it will just be the same old same old no matter who is at the helm.

How is the 1000ft boundary at all relevant if no drug crime is occurring? Walgreen's is allowed to sell much harder drugs within 1000ft of schools all over the place. This is manipulation of the law to serve a political purpose, and gross misuse of power.

Bingo! Exactly.............the biggest hypocritical government in the world is ours here in the USA.