• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man wears "crack jacket" for court appearance

Bluelight Crew
A man accused of drug trafficking showed up for court Friday in Fort Lauderdale sporting a jacket that bore a cartoon-style recipe for cooking crack cocaine.

Maybe he was hoping to impress the judge or "crack up" the courtroom crowd, but the fashion police at the Broward County Courthouse labeled it a fashion fail.

"Probably not the smartest attire for a defendant!" said Michael Weinstein, a lawyer who snapped a cellphone photo.

The man's white jacket looked like a how-to guide for making crack cocaine, with a series of little pictures of a white substance with a spoon, a carton of baking soda and a little pot over a fire. The end product was a "rock," slang for the drug.

The finishing touch was the slogan "stack paper say nothing" — make money and hold onto it, in the vernacular.

Witnesses, including the man's attorney Joshua Rydell, would not reveal the name of the man, who did not get into trouble for his threads.

Rydell said his clients still surprise him by wearing drug-related attire to court.

"Giant marijuana leaves on their T-shirts..." Rydell said. "It's so common that I routinely advise clients, 'No drug-related clothes when you come to court.'"

Still, the jacket was open to interpretation — at least to some. "I took it as freedom of expression," Rydell said. "I didn't take it as a recipe to cook crack."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-crack-jacket-in-court-20120106,0,1823579.story

67205586.jpg

BUFUs newest advertising campaign is working very well if you ask me...

By Us FUCK YOU!

Geeze what an asshole... I wonder how many people now know how to cook crack that would of never known before? OH THE HUMANITY>?>!@#:?<

^ Think of the children.
They had been happily going about their lives, playing Nintendo and dreaming of kissing so-and-so, when they man walked past them. They were instantly turned into crack fiends, wasting away in the hell of their own suffering, destined to be dead before reaching age 21. All because of his jacket.

Lol not surprising.... I had to go to court in a pair of basketball shorts and an eazy e shirt this summer cause the cops put me in the cruiser with what I woke up in. Then again I would of went in that anyways cause idgaf. Yet other people don't even care what they wear or think its funny.

^ Think of the children.
They had been happily going about their lives, playing Nintendo and dreaming of kissing so-and-so, when they man walked past them. They were instantly turned into crack fiends, wasting away in the hell of their own suffering, destined to be dead before reaching age 21. All because of his jacket.

Real Talk.

I might wear big huge kkk outfit for my next hate crime trial. Should be pretty win.

I do not like his jacket, I'd say 2 more years of jail.
(honestly though, where can I buy one? *research begins*)
I probably wouldn't wear it to a court hearing though.. I mean, that really isn't the best option.
Or am I wrong?

You can probably find the jackets on 20th Street in Miami, in the wholesale garment district. Lots of outrageous clothing sold on that strip, cheap!

What is the fifth icon on the jacket, the one to the top-right of the box of baking soda? Cash register?

Maybe he was hoping to impress the judge or "crack up" the courtroom crowd, but the fashion police at the Broward County Courthouse labeled it a fashion fail.

"Probably not the smartest attire for a defendant!" said Michael Weinstein, a lawyer who snapped a cellphone photo.

the only people who laugh at these stupid jokes are high as fuck lol. Really funny Mr. Weinstein, i expect more of you.