• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How long does Adderall tolerance take to go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotQuiteThere

Bluelighter
Hi all,

So I've been (admittedly stupidly) using adderall recreationally the last few months. Started out as an attempt to get more work done, but I quickly began insufflating it. At the beginning, ~5-10mg was enough to get me wired and ready to go. Now I don't get that feeling unless I have 20-30mg in my system (via insufflation).

The problem here is that I genuinely suffer from ADD and find the drug useful, though in normal therapeutic dosages it doesn't have that effect. I'm going to be travelling soon for a month or two. I won't 'need' the drug during this time. Will this be enough time for my tolerance to "reset" or will I have to wait longer?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

A month or two of abstinence will definitely lower your tolerance, but not down to nothing, and it will shoot up quickly back to where it is now, in less time than it took you to develop it.

A month or two of abstinence will definitely lower your tolerance, but not down to nothing, and it will shoot up quickly back to where it is now, in less time than it took you to develop it.

I'd taken adderall (via prescription) for about three years a while ago, then I stopped taking it except for very rare occasions. My highest dose under prescription was 60mg yet after a year or two of partial abstinence 5mg seemed to work.

basically is there a reason my tolerance will jump up so quickly if I resume using it in a more medically appropriate manner or is it simply because I'm likely to abuse it as I've done the past few months?

Amphetamine tolerance in general takes much longer (6 months-2 years) to actually begin to reset to "normal". You'll have a mild reduction after a few months but as Venrak pointed out your tolerance will go back up quickly if you continue high-dose usage.

Such is the price you pay for amphetamine usage.

Last edited:
I'm new and lame for getting in here so late in my "game" and all that . Also. for a well-read person, I'm not nearly as astute about what many may dismiss as the minutia of the meds: pharmaceutical half-life's, variations in chemical structures, potentiators, binders, agonists, fillers etc. etc. This is largely because I have tried diligently to ignore the monkey on my back that is adderall. It's been there since I was first prescribed it 6 years ago. I can't quite say it has come to dictate all aspects of my life. But, particularly since my tolerance began to steadily increase within the first two years of taking it, it has become nearly impossible (and granted, I'm weak, I like to feel good) to walk away from. In short, I went to taking 45 mg IR per day, and did so happily until, oh, say, I had some extra laundry to do. Or homework to help with. Over time it graduated to "well, i don't want to be a bitch around my loved ones and friends, so let me take a pill". Bottom line: I am 5ft9, naturally very thin (130lbs). My highest consistent dose (IOW not when I tweaked for 3 days straight to decorate the house for Christmas...yeesh) leveled at around 120mg IR a day. This was my regular script of 45mg (which my dr. would not raise) plus whatever I could barter or buy from others to keep my dose up. This dose calmed me, evened my temperament, alleviated depression I'd suffered since a child, gave me energy, and helped me FINISH THINGS. Family didn't agree, however, and after one prolonged bender of about 4 days getting ready to move out of my house, they scooped me off to rehab this past March. Well, you know, rehabs only as effective as you will let it be. Since then, I have begun taking Vyvanse 70 mg. I fall asleep on it regularly. Months of no amphetamines only notched down my tolerance for a day or two when I first picked up the Vyvanse. Of course, I've managed, for now, to supplement the Vyvanse with 2 30 mg IR's throughout the day. I am discouraged, no doubt. I do not like being ruled by something. But for me, amphetamines were the perfect storm. When I don't have them, I cannot find the motivation and energy to function, in spite of my other psychiatric meds.

Point in all this, is that nothing I've tried: abstinence, supplements, DXM, etc, etc, has achieved the decresed tolerance, or "functional euphoria" about my life that I experienced in the first year. Even the jacked up dose I grew to take (and my current self-prescribed combo of vyvanse and adderall IR) had/has relatively lackluster impact on my functioning. I can drift off on it if need be.There's a sadness in it, as I've talked to other's and read stories of how for some people there's a perpetual disgust with oneself for every having tried them in the first place. Now, many of you will laugh and think I should just chill and move on. Ship sailed. Done plenty of other substances in my life. But for me and some others, I suppose Amphetamines were the "drug of choice". I've noticed some people don't take stimulant dependence to be as grave of a circumstance as that of opiates. Physically speaking, obviously they doo not share the devastating withdraws. But my psychological withdraws, my lethargy, and depression, and inattention...that all went away once I found my elusive therapeutic dose....are almost disabling without this medicine. It sucks.

Thanks for letting me postramble...interested in hearing if anyone else has shared a similar story to mine, as far as adderall/amph.s serving as their magic pill, and any tolerance increases that always return, etc. I'd appreciate it. peace

Thanks for letting me postramble...interested in hearing if anyone else has shared a similar story to mine, as far as adderall/amph.s serving as their magic pill, and any tolerance increases that always return, etc. I'd appreciate it. peace
Well I had a similar experience. That's the reason I was taken off of my prescription about 6 years ago. I'd been prescribed adderall for 3 years before than and ritalin before that. My dose was around 60-80mg a day, +100mg of modafinil (provigil), so not quite where you were. After I stopped, I definitely felt an ungodly lethargy that really stuck with me for a while. I stayed the hell away from Adderall for several years though as it gave me somewhat psychotic symptoms. I got my hands on some more to help me study after about 3 years of solid abstinence (from adderall that is, I'd done my share of other things) and that's when I noticed that I only needed a little bit to get me going (~5-10mg). If I took a 50mg vyvanse or even a 20mg adderall xr I felt excessively stimulated.

Of course I ruined that again these past few months and am right back with a nice building tolerance. Point being though, it does go down, but you've gotta give it time. I'm not sure what my opinion of adderall is right now. I'd like to think I can take it every day therapeutically, but my past behavior and extreme lack of self control concerning any drug makes that seem like a poor option (not to mention the tolerance we've both experienced). On the other hand, when I treat it as an "emergency" sort of substance (i.e. I don't take it unless I have a huge paper due tomorrow) I just tend to fuck off and do nothing because I figure I can get an adderall to power thru it at the end. Meh, don't know what to make of it really. Though I do feel like being prescribed it during my teens fucked with my endogenous dopamine system a bit, and that pumping more stims in is not going to improve the situation, as much as I'd like to think it will.

I'm going to adhd appointment with the psychiatrist
The nurse said she also picked up adhd, but wanted a consultant to confirm.
I hope I get meds.
I hope they are not like taking normal speed, cos even without a tolerace, it would a gram to keep up
Street speed makes my feel swell, and walking painful
Abot a year ago, for a few days a week, I was taking pregabalin. I brought a sppring in my step, it made me soclialble, it made me more confident, but then I started needing it on the pregabalin free days, so i became a five day a week thing.
this gave me a better high than speed., withoutu all the other rubbish that comes with street speed
A psych nurse advised that won't be ablet to get my adhd meds if I don't come off pregabalin
I need something for my ahdh cos it is all over the place, adn I cant think straight.
Pregabalin gave me the mood lift energy socialbity etc, that i just dont have.
I cannot even smile or listen to mustic, it gets on my nerves, but I took a little sppeed today, adn I had a nice temporary few hours of confiidence, higher presective thinking, etc before descending into the madness again.
I have only got 400mg to tpaer off pregabalin, at 5mg a day, and then I will be clean off them.
What a horrible cluck those pregabalins have. What is everyone's worst fear, shitting the bed, well, that can and does happen on pregab, if you take it too often over a certain dose. I now bought a bed pad which gave me lots of confidence, in the bowel dept, sorry to mention that, but if I am goinna put someone off a drug, and that drug makes me get caught short before arriving at the lavatory, I tell people, hopefully to put them of trying
I really hope I get adhd meds, it doesn't have to be speed, just one that works for me, and finally, after 50 years enhduring this and some undiagnoses autistic traits, that got missed at school, and tje absecne of their acknowledgement caused me graeat prllblmems thruoghi out school. It was such a struggle, too overstimulating. I needed one on one teaching, the teacher didnt eve sees i had special needs, as I had a bad nervous habit and she used to get the other kids to mimic the way i talked and walked.

A month would certainly help. I'm prescribed 20mg xr/day and only take it 1 to 2 times a week so I can stack addy for a rainy day and at the same time keep my tolerance level down. Because it takes about 40mg to get the same feeling I did when I started on 20s. Sometimes I just take a week off and rely on caffeine and benzos lol.

Yeah years ago the teachers weren't on Top of special needs and neither were the parents. Things are so different today. I too slipped through the cracks and struggled terribly in school. No matter how much studying i did i always failed. Nothing worse than trying and failing bc eventually you just stop trying. Two out of three of my kids are on medication and are doing so much better in school. Its unbelievable and so fulfilling to witness the growth. One is 9 and gave up in school at 8 and was put adderall this year and its like a different child. He cares and likes school now. No longer in special ed and is doing great main streamed. I wish someone gave me the tools i needed as a child. My life would be so different today. Hopefully, by giving him the tools he needs to succeed he will be successful and wont feel the need to self medicate later on. Its scary medicating them but my god the difference is unbelievable and its got to be less damaging then growing up a quitter bc you fail at everything you set your mind to due to learning disabilities. Who knows what could happen then. Atleast they are being given chance!

meh, In my experience, If your taking less than 60mg daily for quite some time[Therapeutic Doses] I found that even taking a 3 day break MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. Maybe not the euphoria but I was able to focus more clearly, when giving myself a few days off the week. It can be hard to resist taking that first dose in the morning, but it's not that bad.

Note: taking 3-4 day breaks only applies to dosages you take after that break [ first day or two], after that you get right back to where you started.

I took 60mg adderall daily, for 2-3 years. It first used to make me FULL OF ENERGY, motivation, talkative, outgoing, etc!! I used to drink 2-3 monster energy drinks along with 2-3 cups of coffee AT the same time as taking the adderall -- I WAS SO ENERGIZED IT WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD! So happy too, so damn happy everyday while on it and so motivated!!!

Then one day it started to cause less effects.
Then one day it only gave me some energy (anxious energy) if I had food with it. I guess my body was so starved it REQUIERED I eat food to work. Once I ate food I got a rush from eating food!! Seriously.

Then if flat out started to cause REVERSE effects. I kept trying but it kept making me: Tired, dizzy, fatigued, unmotivated, and felt like CRAP. It was causing the TOTAL OPPOSITE effects as before!! I was forced to take a break because of how they made me feel due to tolerance and TOTAL BURNOUT (possibly dopamine burnout, and adrenal burnout to the extreme).

I took a break for 1 month... Then took 15mg. Got SUPER energized again for 2 hours or so, super happy. Then 2d day it hardly worked, same with 3rd day, then it stopped again somewhere...

Then I have quit Adderall since 2012. THATS 4 YEARS AGO..................and I STILL have a tolerance to Adderall. I don't really get nearly as energized or happy as before no matter what. It seems like my dopamine is messed up STILL!!!

4 years.... Now granted I do take opiods DAILY so maybe it's not letting my Adderall tolerance go down? Maybe opiods are messing with my dopamine and won't let me tolerance drop even after 4 years....

Now I'm a ZOMBIE who doesn't even have the energy to get up to walk to another room!!! How I hold a job is beyond me!! I have ZERO ENERGY and motivation 24/7...Now matter what I do it won't come back, seems the tolerance is forever there. Unless I detox from EVERYTHING for 10 years then maybe.

eh, i'm not entirely convinced that dopamine is the problem with prolonged usage of amphetamines.

bare with me.

yes dopamine is THE neurotransmitter that is exploited the most during amphetamine use, but our brains are very good at replenishing dopamine. i believe the problem with prolonged amphetamine use and "getting back to square 1" lies with serotonin, which is also released during amphetamine use, albeit at more controlled levels. however, our brains SUCK at replenishing serotonin, just ask anyone who does mdma regularly. and even though the shortage of dopamine will outweigh that of serotonin after the first few months of usage(feeling depressed, lethargic, unhappy, irritable when not on amps) continuing to use amps to correct these problems(at this point) will turn the tables. after a year of amp usage you are just as deficient on serotonin as you are on dopamine, except natural dopamine levels return to normal in a matter of days, serotonin, not so much. now say you've continued to use amps for another year gradually increasing your dosage, in turn gradually depleting your brain of even more serotonin, in turn getting less of an effect from your amps because at this point you are just correcting your serotonin depletion from the previous dose, in turn just trying to feel some sort of normalcy.

then you quit on a wednesday.

by sunday the dopamine in your brain has leveled off because years of evolution have granted you that. but your serotonin levels WILL NOT recover anywhere near that fast. ergo, you have something in common with those that are going through anti-depressant withdrawal, which some people never recover from......fatigue, depression, irritability, mood swings, anxiety, insomnia, hell even the occasional headache and flu symptoms

thoughts?

Interesting. Possibly. But dopamine along with norepinephrine sure seems to be the main chemical that makes you happy, energized, motivated, etc. Sertoinin is important too, but I dunno if the end result from taking Adderall/amps too long is the main result of low Sertoinin levels.. It's possible but I dunno.

I mean, 5-htp is a common vitamin that increases Sertoinin. Even Turkey that's why people say they get "tired" after it from too much tryptophan. So it seems like by simply taking 5htp and eating foods rich in it would help restore serotonin levels -- and if foods rich in it can boost your levels so quickly as to make you tired after a meal rich in it -- then it must be pretty well absorbed by the body and quick acting or else it wouldn't cause the fatigue.

I take 5htp daily, haven't noticed any change.

I also took Prozac 40mg while taking Adderall. If Prozac is suppose to keep more Sertoinin floating around then wouldn't that go against the theory of Sertoinin being the issue? Unless you are so depleted on Sertonin that the SSRI cannot work, as it doesn't create Sertonin it basically keeps already existing Sertonin in the brain longer. But that's why I added 5htp along with the Prozac -- so the 5htp would create serotonin for the Prozac to have "more to work with" so to speak. It wasn't taken daily though perhaps for a month on, then off, etc, along with l-tyrosine, DLPA, magnesium all to try to replenish. It never seemed to help.... Besides the FIRST TIMES.
The FIRST time I took 100mg of 5htp I was super happy, in a good mood, etc. It lasted maybe an hour..
The FIRST time I took L-Tryosine (or Wellbutrin also, a med I took for a couple months) I got very energized, talkative, and motivated.
The FIRST time I took DLPA, it made my opiods work again like magic. But then 2nd day it did nothing and I felt nothing, same with all the above vitamins. I wonder why. Unless it was a sign my body is so depleted in the 3 major chemicals that when I took a vitamin for them, my body literally ate it up ASAP, and as a result I felt it being so low on if -- but maybe my body created a barrier so it wouldn't make me feel the crazy rush/buzz anymore (as the host often does to "protect" itself) after the 1st time of taking them -- as the body naturally won't want to deplete itself and realized it was doing that so went into self protect mode, essentially making it so that 5htp or l-trypsine wouldn't give that same effect as it did the first time.

well technically you can never FULLY deplete your brain of a neurotransmitter as there are failsafes the human brain has created over years of evolution.

but in regards to my serotonin theory, that's all it is, a theory. this theory stems from my experiences with cocaine and mdma comedowns. cocaine mainly floods the brain with dopamine as well as inhibiting your brains ability to recycle the dopamine, thus keeping it in your synapses longer. mdma on the other hand mainly floods the brain with serotonin.

IMO the two highs share similarities, but after 30 minutes your coke high wears off and you can either re-up or stop there. obviously most people choose the former thus extending their high for another 20-30 minutes. however you can expect a coke comedown to last a maximum of 6-8 hours no matter how many times you re-up and during this time your brain is mainly working to replenish your dopamine depletion.

a single good mdma high on the other hand can last hours, and depending on how many times you re-up, you can expect the comedown to last a MINIMUM of 18-24 hours, and sometimes it takes 3-4 days to fully recover, but recovery times this long from a single night depend on the quality of your product as well.

maybe this is me just trying to be difficult with a debate, but i can't help but think this theory has merit.

I've always needed more stimulation and got bored too easily. I also get very sad and it takes a lot to make me laugh, but when I do laugh, I have the most infectious belly laugh you can imagine and a wicked sense of humour too, it just takes a bit of prizing out of me. I take pills to get through the day.
I am on 200mg modafinil today, which has perked me up, but I only took it, because I was enjoying a few drinnks but not looking forward to the alcohol drag that comes afterwards, and the mods meant I could have a few more bevvies.
I put the booze away now though, and got a big cup of tea, plus a diazepam and zopiclone and I will wind down and go to bed as soon as I can relax enough. Oh, and I also have a one skinner of hash too, nearly forgot that hahhah

Ok so I have read somuch incorrect info on this website its ridiculous.

Validation for my ideas:
1. Been taking vyvanse since senior year in high school, Igraduated college in finance, its been about 2 years since then (so have beenon stimulants about 7 years)
2. A lot of my ideas are based off of trial and error, aswell as factual information
3. I started at 30 mg and am now taking 50 mg. I have takenAdderall IR, and XR a fairly high amount of times as well. I have also combinedmultiple drugs with stimulants. Examples include, Alcohol, Benzo's, andOpiates. I am currently clean of all other drugs for some time now, and justtake my vyvanse as prescribed at this moment, so I have no impairment in mylogic or rationalizations while writing this post
4. My scientific information will seem broad and ill-definedin terms of science, but it is based off my research that has been continuousfor many years now

I will run through all the major issues for everyone, allbased off a ton of experience:

A. Making vyvanse more effective: Not eating with vyvansewill diminish the effects for vyvanse users, especially in people that havebeen using it for a long time. Dopamine receptors require N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine(NALT), proteins, and other things in order for the neurons to transmitdopamine across the synapse and activate the receiving cell. I don't know fullyhow it works, I just know your brain requires nutrition in order to produce thenecessary things for this to happen. Also all the processes in the body thatlead up to transmitting these messages require nutrition as well. I mean comeon people, if you don't eat your body will not function as it should, and itwill not use vyvanse as effectively as it should. Common logic. Vyvanse maywork the first day without nutrition (maybe even for a week), but after awhile, not eating will affect how it works. This is highly apparent withlong-term users, short-term users may not be as prone but it's still the same.

Experience: I have eaten and not eaten multiple times, Ihave not eaten at first then eaten after taking the medication, and I haveeaten beforehand. It will still work without eating in some people (not as wellbut they may not know the difference), but through all the millions of times Ihave taken it, waited for it to kick in, then force myself to eat ameal....after I digest the food and it has been used, it kicks in way more thenbefore even at a normal dose. I have tried this with 50 mg and 200 mg, sameoutcome, just got way more out of it with the 200 mg then I needed.

Side Note: Not eating also makes side effects much worse.The zombie mode, heart issues, high BP, etc.... (you can find them all onforums and legitimate websites, I am not going to run through all that)
- Nothing else as far as I'm concerned does anything to themedication, l-tyrosine supplements do nothing, orange juice does nothing,alkaline/acidic ideas do nothing, and if any of this stuff had a real effectdoctors would tell you, but they don't expect to have to tell you to eat food.Duh.

B. Tolerance is based on lifestyle and the meds: Inhibitingdopamine reuptake does not cause the brain to produce less dopamine. Ifanything, the receiving neurons down-regulate the proteins responsible forreceiving the messages because it only needs a few to keep firing when dopaminehangs out in the synapses gap and keep causing the shock that activates thereceiving neuron over and over. Periods of abstinence can keep your neurons incheck and not cause the brain to change its processes since it will do justthat when it feels it no longer needs to pay attention to an area.
>Neuroplasticity=Brains ability to adapt to changesin its environment
As far as lifestyle.....exercise, diet, joyful experiences,etc.... all help the brain produce dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins (feelgood transmitters, dopamine and serotonin might be apart of endorphins? Notsure. Doesn't matter.) Helps tremendously with the drugs effectiveness and thecomedowns. This is because of neuroplasticity again. These activities causebrain to adapt in response to those things producing good feelings, positivemood, healthy physical attributes, etc....
- Taking high doses will have to be compensated for withabstinence and positive lifestyle choices based on usage amounts of vyvanse& how long. Binges will result in the brain starting to adapt to having ahigh frequency of the medication all the time.

Experiences: Have been on binges, have taken it correctly,and have tried switching stimulants multiple times. By the way, switching fromAdderall to Vyvanse or vice versa does not really do much at all, same stuffwill happen after a short amount of time.

C. Serotonin Reuptake (Anti-depressants) work quite well forthe comedowns, regulates mood during it and the next day in my experience. Alsohelps you sleep much better. Trazadone is great for this. Not extremelypowerful but still gets the job done. Of course this only works if you haveperiod of abstinence from stimulants/serotonin. Otherwise the same thing willhappen with serotonin in the brain (not nearly as severe negative impactsthough from abruptly stopping). This works because serotonin and dopamine havesome overlapping in terms of what they regulate and do.
- Alcohol during comedowns is a horrible choice, you willwake up dehydrated from the stimulant use and with acute withdrawal from thealcohol, making you even more dehydrated. In my experience it causes terribleanxiety, depression, and insomnia. So basically your just magnifying thenegative effects by 10x by using alcohol. Pulling brain both ways, depressingit and stimulating it, is a terrible idea for anybody.
>>> This also includes the use of opiates andbenzo's with vyvanse. Causes the liver to produce way to much "excitementproperties", which causes horrible symptoms when everything is stoppedtogether. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, decreased appetite, etc....will all bemagnified incredibly (especially with opiates because opiates effect dopamineand serotonin immensely by flooding the brain with it, so if you combineVyvanse and opiates, you will not only see some issues with down-regulation,you will also have no dopamine and serotonin to even send the messages in thefirst place)

Anyway, experience: Have had withdrawal with combined use ofVyvanse and each one of the others. Have had opiate withdrawal without Vyvansein my system as well. I know the differences tremendously well. This can alsoexplain why stimulants can help opiate abusers through withdrawal. One thing Iam certain of though is that the euphoria from stimulants is absolutely notfelt at all if you take them while in opiate withdrawal. It simply levels outyour mood/energy but not the physical parts associated with it.

>>>>>>The reason I brought this topic upis because it shows some really interesting relationships and tells me a lot onhow Vyvanse is working on its own. From here I will let readers come to theirown opinions as to what it means for Vyvanse, but the experiences are accurateand truthful through intuitive thought from multiple trial and errorsituations.

Side Notes: Stimulant psychosis is hard to get too. You needto take a ton of Vyvanse, I would most likely need to take like 500 mg at onetime. Adderall is not nearly that high but it is still a large amount, probablylike 100-150 mg. Someone without any tolerance would get there with smalleramounts, but they will feel it perfectly with just 30 mg.
- Children should never take stimulants that alter brainchemistry like Vyvanse. Their judgement is not developed, the forebrain has alot of developing to do still, and the brain will be constantly changing inchemistry until they are at least 18, if not 22-23. I don't even want to knowhow it effects a child, its most likely horrible.
- Older people, 40+, will have a more difficult time withkeeping tolerance managed. There dopamine has depleted naturally somewhatalready and the brain doesn't seem to fix things as well when you grow older(or as quickly might be the correct term).
- People without "ADHD" (parenthesizes will beexplained at end) will suffer the negative consequences of stimulants at agreater magnitude, but based on everything I have read, everyone has some sortof comedown/withdrawal. Never met or heard of anyone that doesn't, even with friendsthat have terrible "ADHD/ADD" supposedly.

>Final Thoughts: Alright so lets face the facts andeveryone stop lying to themselves. This stuff is bad for you. It is changingbrain chemistry and messing with the way it operates naturally. Even if"ADHD" is a real condition, I still lean towards the idea that itsnot, this doesn't seem like a good way to fix it. Stimulants are gettingover-prescribed everywhere now and people can cheat the tests easily.Increasing dopamine signal frequency effects many other things along withcorrecting symptoms of ADHD. The reason we all take it is because it seems thebenefits outweigh the costs, which is the general premise of any decision. Allin all, manage your tolerance and live as healthy as possible if you take it,that's the only way we can really manage the negative effects.
- And last but not least, remember neuroplasticity. It isthe reason anything is changing in the brain because the brain is adapting to anew scenario in its environment. There is always a cost with something thatprovides such powerful actions on our anatomy. That much is clear to anyonethat takes stimulants or any other drugs for that matter.

> Anything else related to Vyvanse is usually a hoax or acrazy weird situation. It was someone out there with the incorrect gene code tobe taking a stimulant like Vyvanse or Adderall.

- I probably missed some stuff so if you have any questionse-mail me

-And yes I am on Vyvanse right now, how else would Ihave done all this shit.
- And for god sake, don't wasteit, realize your potential with it and use the benefits as much as you can. Ex:I am currently getting my second degree in Electrical Engineering, whileworking.

Your findings seem pretty typical. Eating and taking breaks are necessary, but stimulant psychosis - it's not hard to get.

Psychosis can happen from a variety of reasons. 100-150mg dose of Adderall would more likely cause a panic attack, whereas taking 20 mg of adderall twice a day for 3 days with no sleep may result in psychosis.

Word of warning. Sudden WD from Adderall can and did for me cause paranoid psychosis.

Hi all,

So I've been (admittedly stupidly) using adderall recreationally the last few months. Started out as an attempt to get more work done, but I quickly began insufflating it. At the beginning, ~5-10mg was enough to get me wired and ready to go. Now I don't get that feeling unless I have 20-30mg in my system (via insufflation).

The problem here is that I genuinely suffer from ADD and find the drug useful, though in normal therapeutic dosages it doesn't have that effect. I'm going to be travelling soon for a month or two. I won't 'need' the drug during this time. Will this be enough time for my tolerance to "reset" or will I have to wait longer?

Thanks for any insight you may have.

I'm among the people that believe amphetamine tolerance is a myth. I'll give you an example. If you abuse amphetamines for 6 days without sleep nor sufficient food, by the 6th day, one pill will do nothing. In fact, forcefully eating a large meal will give you a high way bigger than if you had taken the rest of the bottle, and a night of sleep will do the same.

Do this test:

Go to an all you can eat sushi restaurant and eat until they take you by ambulance. Then sleep 10 hours. The next morning, take your Adderall and I GUARANTEE you, your tolerance will be mostly gone. Sure, an amphetamine habit can give you tolerance, but what people seem to forget is that the amphetamine habit also implements poor eating habits low in vitamins, minerals and also poor sleeping habits. Prove to me that those poor habits aren't responsible for your decreased perception of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.