• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Shooting Hydromorphone pills?

PurpleStraw

Greenlighter
Hey, I have a couple of questions about shooting these hydromorphone pills, they are the 4mg yellow ones with PMS written on the back.

Do I just crush them up, mix them with some water and "filter" it? Where exactly do I get safe water? Apparently I'm supposed to avoid hot water (from a kettle) because it ruins the desired substance and will result in fillers going in to my vein instead. Will bottled water work?

Also, I'm not too sure how to filter a drug for injection, I can't find any videos or clear explanations on it. I believe you take some cotton balls, roll them up to in to little balls about the size of a tic-tac, poke the needle in to the middle of the ball, then put the cotton in the dissolved pill solution and just pull back. Should result in a clear liquid, not foggy with white/yellow.

I haven't done an IV before, learned as much as I could find (and tried hitting a vein and pulling out some blood to see if I could do it right) so sorry for being clueless and a bit over-protective. I don't wanna risk an infection or something.
One last question - I'm 110 lbs, yar I'm tiny, and I read a report on erowid that someone at 150 lbs with opiate tolerance took 4mg IV and couldn't raise their arms for 3-5 minutes because the rush was so strong. Would 2mg be a good dose for my first time?

Dose: Start with 2mgs since it will be your first time with this.

Solution: Google "Bacteriostatic Water" to see where to buy that, as it is the best thing to use for IV. The second best, more readily available thing, is bottled water. No need to heat it, as you are correct about it being harmful to heat the pills for several reasons.

Filtering: I use the tip of a q-tip to filter a solution for IV, and you seem to have the process down correctly. Rip off a tic-tac size piece of cotton off of the q-tip. Make sure that your hands are washed before doing this. If you make a habit out of this, then you should invest in micron filters.

Use a new needle each time. It is very important in minimizing the bruising from IVing, and is important in preventing some sicknesses.
There is no such thing as being over-protective when it comes to things like this, especially when discussing it on a harm reduction website.

Alright, thanks a ton for the info!

Only thing that I'm wondering now, what should I use to crush the pills, and what should I use to hold the solution in?
Most people I know wrap a pill in a paper bill and crush it with a pen, but paper money seems like the exact opposite of being sterile.
Would a shot glass out of the washing machine be a good place to keep the solution in?

P.S. will cotton filters get rid of the filler that colors the pills yellow?

You're going to want to use clean, sterile cotton, and make sure your finger tips are bacteria free as well, before touching the cotton to ball it up.

I usually take the cellophane from a pack of cigarettes and crush up the pill in them. If you don't want to/can't use that, then you can use a piece of paper from the middle of a notebook that hasn't been used, or from a notepad that hasn't been used. A clean shot glass is ideal. I'm not sure if the cotton will remove the color. I know that blue oxycodone stays blue after being cotton filtered, but I haven't used hydromorphone IV. You should filter your solution a second time by squirting it into a second clean shot glass, and using a new clean cotton to filter again.

Okay, thanks! 27 1/2 gauge insulin needles should work fine for IV, right?

edit: Would it work fine to prepare the solution, draw it up in the needle, and put the cap back on the needle and hold on to it for a couple of hours, and inject later? I never heard of anyone ever doing this.

^ Yup. 29 seems to be the more popular choice, but 27 1/2 will do.

29 is perfect imo, because it's smaller than 28, but not too small. 29 should be standard, not 28. Above that are I get too many air pockets.