• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does oxy I.V. solution increase strength with a longer soak

Swim 1211

Greenlighter
Hey all.. Just wondering if anyone knows when I prep my oxy for iv does the longer you let it sit make a differance in potency ?? Meaning does the solution dissolve 100% of the oxy immediatley or does it take 1 minute, or 5 minutes, or 10, or ect ... for a full dissolve?? Just for clarification I do not heat the solution. I've always added warm water and drawn up pretty much right away, but got to thinking that mb I'm short changing myself cause my washes always seem to be fairly potent .. Thanks for any input!!

I have heard some say that 3 minutes is ideal, but I don't know how much more, if any, dissolves at that time.

As far as its solubility in water, it is 1 g in 6 to 7 mL, so as long as you have the correct amount of water it should all dissolve quickly.

I have heard some say that 3 minutes is ideal, but I don't know how much more, if any, dissolves at that time.

As far as its solubility in water, it is 1 g in 6 to 7 mL, so as long as you have the correct amount of water it should all dissolve quickly.

Yeah I know I have my water/oxy ratio correct, just not sure on the soak time. Thanks for the reply . I've been doing this for awhile so I hope I haven't been short changing myself for awhile too lol

Im on my cell so don't feel like getting the link myself but... check out two threads:

Oxycontin megathread
Oxycodone IR injection thread.

In 'Other Drugs', OD directory, then scroll to oxycodone section and click on aforementioned links. Hope you find the info you're searching for!

Yeah I know I have my water/oxy ratio correct, just not sure on the soak time. Thanks for the reply . I've been doing this for awhile so I hope I haven't been short changing myself for awhile too lol

Eat the left overs in the spoon. Even though they may be all fillers and binders, if there is any oxycodone left in there, you will at least be getting it in you still, and the oral BA is still good. I don't see any harm in eating that if you are using all clean IV equipment, and are going to toss the cooker or sterilize it afterwards.

Lol tommyboy .. I always save the left overs to drink in a glass of water for those tough days when theres nothing available to shoot.. It's hell when all the opana AND oxy are gone !!

Woamotive -.Thanks for the suggestions..I'm on my cell too so I know what you mean :) Thanks !

Searched the mega thread .. Didn't really find the answer I was looking for so if anyone else has any input it would be appreciated !

Just curious without trying to de-rail the thread as to this number. I've often seen 100mg/ml.
Which seems to be a bit lower than the numbers I'm seeing above.
An example of the number's I've seen would be Oxycodone DB00497 over at DrugBank.

Basically I'm curious as to whether more than 100mg would indeed fit.
I used to do say 5 30mg tablets per shot but switched to 3.5 tablets after seeing 100mg/ml.
The problem I have is tolerance wise I'd have to rack up half a pack of rigs & do em in a row to get high on Oxycodone.
As such I can't really tell the difference as to whether 3.5 or say 5 is different. As I don't feel Oxy at those kind of doses.
Basically without using a rig larger than 1ml I can't fit enough into a shot to get high. More like a handful of shots.

So to abate my curiousness perhaps someone who's tolerance is low enough to feel 100-150mg of Oxycodone could chime in.
Basically as to whether or not there's a noticeable difference when using more than 100mg in a 1ml shot.
Sticking to the theme of the thread perhaps said tester could let the oxycodone dissolve for various periods of time.
Though it's possible the information regarding the time to dissolve could be found searching various journal articles or the like.

Sorry if this doesn't fit exactly into the threads topic but it seems to fit into the general theme of the question.
So figured I'd throw it out there as it might generate discussion & it seems to fit.
A bit random to put here but as the above posters have stated just eat the leftovers as no point wasting it & oral B/A is high.

Actually I just noticed you mentioned your washes. That could relate directly to my above question.
Depending on how much your attempting to fit into your shot at once. Perhaps you could add that information.
As your washes would still be strong if your trying to fit more Oxy in than is soluble in the amount of water your using.

Perhaps post the amount of water & oxycodone that your using as it might be something as simple as that.
I know I've seen people try to fit far to much of a substance into far to little water & not realize that's why there rinse is strong.
In particular I've seen this a lot with Morphine as it's solubilty in water is relatively low compared to some other opiates.
I know I've run into the issue with most opiates that I just can't fit enough in a 1ml shot to notice it.
I digress as we can't know if that's an issue for you unless we know your water/oxy ratio's & such.
I just saw that you said you know that the ratio's are right but regardless it'd be useful information to know so that it can be confirmed.

Regardless I hope this helps shed some insight into the subject & generates further discussion to better answer your question. :)

I have a huge tolerance issue too... I generally use two rigs with a 120 or 150 mg in each.. I would love to get more in depth with you on this just don't have the time at the exact moment..just wanted to at least answer your question regarding my dosage.. Thanks

Thanks for the info. I agree it's an interesting topic. It appears your also past the point of noticing 1 shot's worth as well.
Guess someone else will have to chime in on the solubility questions & whether or not doses past 100mg/ml make a difference.
As I don't seem to notice much of a difference between using 100mg or 150mg when prepping 1ml shots.
But since I don't really feel anything from that dose can't really tell & since you also use multiple shots you might not notice either.
So if anyone with a lower tolerance has some input on the matter it'd be appreciated.
It'd likely be subjective but regardless the information would be of interest to myself & likely others with higher tolerance levels.

No letting your oxy sit in water for extended time will not potentiate the high. Not by an amount you would notice anyway. Just give it a stir and you'll mix it as much as needed trust me. I've studied oxycodone inside out.
HOWEVER
OxyContin is a different story, only if u have the original. It seemed to take a little extra effort to dissolve for iv, so letting it sit a minute might not be such a bad idea. good luck with them roxies. Gota hate em, always love em.

Thanks for the info. I agree it's an interesting topic. It appears your also past the point of noticing 1 shot's worth as well.
Guess someone else will have to chime in on the solubility questions & whether or not doses past 100mg/ml make a difference.
As I don't seem to notice much of a difference between using 100mg or 150mg when prepping 1ml shots.
But since I don't really feel anything from that dose can't really tell & since you also use multiple shots you might not notice either.
So if anyone with a lower tolerance has some input on the matter it'd be appreciated.
It'd likely be subjective but regardless the information would be of interest to myself & likely others with higher tolerance levels.

I also would be intrested in someone with a lower tolerance level to chime in on this question you propose as well. Like yours my tolerance is rediculous, and if theres anything I could be doing to increase my affects I'd sure like to know

No letting your oxy sit in water for extended time will not potentiate the high. Not by an amount you would notice anyway. Just give it a stir and you'll mix it as much as needed trust me. I've studied oxycodone inside out.
HOWEVER
OxyContin is a different story, only if u have the original. It seemed to take a little extra effort to dissolve for iv, so letting it sit a minute might not be such a bad idea. good luck with them roxies. Gota hate em, always love em.

Just curious are you basing this off of personal experience, scientific facts?? Not that I don't believe you cause that's not the case at all, just if it is factual do you mind posting your source... I'd like to do more research on the matter for myself and need a place to start ... Thanks alot for the info .

Using oxy 30 mgs I always let them sit a bit longer then a would with a 8 mg diluadid. All depends on how many your actually planning on doing. I was searching blue light for a similar question as you, like you a have some potent old washes that at times I desprately want to use but I don't know how long you can leave a dried up wash before you can no longer use it.. ? Anyone no the answer to that? I don't want to do one that's been sitting for a week and get sick if there's a serious rule against that lol