• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long do you think it would be before I experience physical withdrawls from codein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is different. Some people experience some mild withdrawals after only a few days of use, others are lucky and manage a few weeks. I would definitely think you would experience physical withdrawal after 2 weeks but for most people probably sooner in all honesty. A week's constant use and I would be concerned.

That is just the physical dependence side - there is also the mental addiction to the drug, which varies hugely in people but can develop more quickly than the physical dependence - after 3 days or a week of being opiated, it's not much fun going back to being un-opiated, for exampe, making you more likely to fail at stopping..

There is a fine line between recreational use and addiction, and taking a drug daily is a sure-fire way to cross that line.

I did the same as you only with Dihydrocodeine on top of the codeine, did this constantly for 2/3 weeks decided i should have a break and after 24 hours suffered pretty nasty physical withdrawral symptoms. I had to taper I would reccomend the same for you. As great as it feels it just isn't worth it. Once clean stick to occasional abuse, then you get the best of both worlds. Also ignore the try heroin comment.

I don't care if it seems weak to anyone on here... withdrawral is withdrawral don't look down on someone just because they don't have a heroin addiction, be proud of them for not trading up!!

what do you mean? how long you need to useit before you have WDs? or how long after your last use before you have WDs? if use beens using it for 2 weeks straight or so its safe to say u will with have withdrawls about 24 hours after urlast use? but codine??? give me a break try heroin.

Are you kidding?..Wouldnt be funny anyhow if you were...How dare you mock some-one elses addiction..People are addicted to a wide range of things that can be detramental to their lives and others and you sit there behind your screen mocking?...WTF!..OMG I cant even get my words out!!8)8:)o:!8)...

Anyway OP, advice you been given so far (sept by this fool) is pretty good..Who knows whats going to happen mate...Time will tell...And please dont listen to dickhead here man...Ta..

Are you kidding?..Wouldnt be funny anyhow if you were...How dare you mock some-one elses addiction..People are addicted to a wide range of things that can be detramental to their lives and others and you sit there behind your screen mocking?...WTF!..OMG I cant even get my words out!!8)8:)o:!8)...

Anyway OP, advice you been given so far (sept by this fool) is pretty good..Who knows whats going to happen mate...Time will tell...And please dont listen to dickhead here man...Ta..

Perfectly put.

This is going nowhere fast. Effie provided you with a very good answer. Simply put, everyone is different. Physical dependence to opiates can occur anywhere from a few days to a few weeks of constant use.

Opiate withdrawals are horrible though; And the problem is, you aren't going to know the answer you are looking for, until it is too late. Keep pushing it and using daily and you WILL go thru withdrawals.

Nobody can tell you exactly how many days it will take though, for dependence to occur.

This isn't other drugs material, and can easily be answered using the search enginea s there are hundreds upon hundreds of threads dealing with opioid withdrawal. PLEASE USE IT.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.