• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

question about opiate tolerance

Jason1981

Bluelighter
First I would like to start off by saying if I have posted this in the wrong forum please forgive me I am new here. I have used heroin in the past. Like 7 years ago maybe a total of 20 times and I haven't done any drugs the past 4 years at all until recently. Basically the whole month of December I used H. First it was every other night then every night then the last few weeks its been since I wake up, off and on through out the day and night until I go to sleep every day. Well this whole time I have been doing the same amount and kept a steady high from it, no need to take larger quanities for the same affect until all of a sudden today. Four days ago got my hand on some raw and its rocked my world. Best feeling ever. Made sure I had enough last night for today and tonight and I did. Well finished the rest tonight and its weird its like all of a sudden my tolerance went from 0 to 100 in my sleep last night. All day my pupils have been pin pointed and I've been itchy, a little nausous feeling nothing out of the norm but I never even got a buzz. The more I did today and tonight just made me feel more sober then I already was. Is it posible for a tolerance to just pop up I was thinking it would be gradual not just come out the blue. Also I'm wondering now that its all gone am I going to go through the horrible withdrawls I read about. I've never iv'd just used the nose but I have been using it for a good solid 30 days. All answers are apprieciated.

Thanks for moving. I have a presciption for klonopin that is ready to be picked up at the pharmacy I just haven't picked it up yet. Will that help at all with any withdrawls ? Is this going to be full blown heroin wd's seeing I've only used for 30 days but I used heavily. 2 hours after my original post when I felt "normal" I have now noticed I have some sore muscles I'm very tired and feel real sick in my stomach.

ive met people at rehad comin in after 1 month of steady H use and with a little help of benzo, they've managed fine. but you should get ready for the worst man. cause you got the odds against you. maybe the shits and nausea, feverish and vomits.. but ride it out with the benzo.
good luck mate!

Thanks man. Thank God for 24 hour pharmacys. Just got the prescription. Ill tell u my shoulders are aching like hell. Real bad muscle cramps. I should have never did it for a month straight but I kept telling myself ill be finem

It always seems good, until it's over..

Keep those Benzo's handy, but don't over-do them either. Benzo WD is just as bad as a strong opiate WD.

Good luck!

stay in a good mindframe i know thats really hard to do but stay busy, make yourself eat healthy as much as you can, also start excercising and stretching...i get WDs so bad ive never seen anybody experience it like me also make sure you drink plenty of water..if you smoke weed it might help you sleep but i see that you can get some klonopin so those will work..if you have any other ?s just let me know cuz ive been through WDs alot and i know they suck

Yea I have actually detoxed off klonopins a while back medically. They put me on a phenobarb taper. I was fine for the first month but then the anxiety / panic attacks came back even worse so I went back to my pdoc and he gave me a prescription for them again but have only taken them as needed. I fell asleep at 7am this morning and woke up at 4pm. So far no diahreah but my stomach is in knots it hurts. Headaches I'm cold even wearing layers. Feel kinda out of it and def having cravings. This is day 1 so I'm expecting for them to get worse. Contemplating on getting suboxne from my pdoc.

Update : diraheeah. Yes u were all right on that one. Nausuia yep thay to. I've got.the chills when I'm sweating.and hot .when I don't sweat. Feel like complete ass. Going to doctor Monday finally to see aboout getting suboxone. My qustion is do they test for opiates before they prescribe it to u because its been a few days now and it could be out of my system.. this is worsday day yet.

I have been doing roxis for over a year now. Just picked back up the heroin last week pf november. That's resulted in a 80 to 100 dollars a day habit the last two weeks. Anyways got a call last night and my pdoc was able to get me in at 7:45 am this morning. Went to see him and luckily he is a sub doc to he said I defenitly need to be put on suboxone but I can't start till Tuesday he needs me to come back at 7am Tuesday to get everything straightned out with my insurance company. He said I'm going to take 2 pills when I see him, then come back at noon and once again at 5 he wants to monitor me the first day to see how I respond and what dose he wants to put me on. I have taken the sub film before but stopped and started taking roxis again then the hundred dollar a day heroin habit. The weirdest thing he told me this morning is that "even though I'm not condoning it, u are probably gonna need to continue your heroin use until 12 hours before u see me Tuesday morning". He said my withdrawls are going to peak before I get the suboxone on Tuesday. Of course now I feel great because me being me I'm thinking hey doctors orders. I went and bought 100 dollars today and am trying to stretch it out until 7pm on Monday. Would it even be normal for a licensed sub doc to "recomind" me to keep using until the night before I go to see him again ?

You are gonna be sick as a motherfucker. There is no nice way to say it. Try to get through the w/d dude, before you enter a new prison, the world of government sponsered addiction i.e. Sub and methadone. Get some blood pressure pills too that helps with w/d A LOT. Catapres. And benzos will help but you will be tempted to take too much and benzo w/d is worse than H w/d and it can kill you.

Dude people should not be telling this guy he is gonna be "hella Sick". Your not. Get some Lopermide Immoduim AD and take the benzo for the first few days and you should be able to get thru it without the need for subs. It would be much better if you could do it this way. That way you can get this shit over with a move on with your life. Eventually you will have to w/d even if it is from subs. So just get it over with.. yah it sucks but it wont be that bad.. especially with some lope and kpins.

Thanks for the responses. So should I go through with starting suboxone on Tuesday as the doctor recomended or try this with my benzos and immodium ? I woke up at 4:30 pm today feeling like hell did a hit and it just made me feel normal. Did another hit just to get high. I know the doctors make bank off prescribing these drugs. I really wish I never started with heroin again or at least made a once in a week thing.

Diarrhea doesnt usually hit me until later stages of withdrawal. Opiates stay present in stomach for some time, usually for the first day or two of withdrawal I am still constipated. weird. Suboxone is not a horrible idea, just make sure its low dose suboxone, (no more than 4 mg a day) and that you are doing a rapid ween suboxone program - meaning that you use suboxone no more than a week essentially for the purpose of fending off the worst of heroin withdrawals. I HIGHLY advise against long term suboxone or even suboxone past a week of heroin cessation. A nasal 1 month heroin binge does not require a maintenance drug

Drink lots of water, i mean lots, try for at least a gallon a day, add a tiny bit of sea salt too if you can, NOT ROCK SALT or iodine boosted salt, just pure sea salt.

Hey guys update. If anything is spelled horribly wrong excuse me as I am mentaly and phically drained. Anyways took my last hit at 7 last night of raw. Did not get high didn't feel shit except I was itchy and pupils were still pin point from earlier in the day. Around 10 I started having anxiety hot and cold flashes stomach felt sick but I figured no big deal I got my two 8mg suboxone for the morning so I take 2 klonopins and a clonodine. Didn't sleep good maybe 3 hours tops. Woke up at 6am back and shoulder muscles were tense as all hell. Felt sick as shit in my stomach and was hot and sweating. Get to the dr at 7 told him what I was feeling he told me to take half of one of the 8mg subs. Once it dissloved he told me to be back at noon.

Well about 10 minutes later muscles eased up sickness went away body temp felt normaln. With in 30 minutes later I felt a heroin like high and thought to myself yea I can deal with this. So I go and get my haircut and ran some errands. Well by about 10:30 I noticed the high feeling was gone and the sickness came back I was sweating and muscles hurt again. On the way back to the dr felt like I was gonna puke. Got there told him what happened. He told me its way to soon for me to have sub withdrawls and that the major effect of the sub was wearing off and I was feeling the herion withdrawls again. He told me to take the other half and come back at 5. Once again didn't feel dope sick and felt the high feeling again.

Met a friend for lunch but I couldn't eat much. Went to the mall to buy some jeans. At the mall the high effect once again faded and the stomach sickness came back big time and I was hot and sweating. Went home majorly sick. Smoked a cig and felt it. I had to puke. Ran upstairs puked in the bathroom. I was so hot and sweating I stripped down to just my underwear and layed. Well later I got cold. So cold I was shivering. Got dressed felt shaky and on my way back to the dr.

Told him everything from the good to the bad he said he expected it with doing <no prices> worth of dope a day. He told me to take half of the remaining pill. He then wrote me a script for twelve 8mg suboxone. I'm to take 12mg a day. I can either split the doses like I did today or take a pill and a half at once. I'm to see him Monday he said its required of me to see him weekly and ill be on it for a while then later taper me down. Then I was sent to see my old addiction counselor Peggy from 2008 down the hall. I told her everything from how I was getting the money to do 100 dollars worth a day to when it started when it got bad to how I went to a detox clinic in the past to stop and used the day I got out. U get the picture I told her everything. She said I looked really strung out (my friend from lunch said the same thing...<snip>)

Anyways ill be seeing her twice a month while I'm taking suboxone. I was there for about an hour. So I go to rite aid they said it would be 30 minutes. I'm just looking around. The good effects of the sub wore off again and then the chills came felt shaky and sick as hell. I got my medicine and bought 2 gatoraides. Speeding home I felt so bad. Drank some gatoraid and my stomach couldn't handle it. Had to throw up. Sat down had a headache goosebumps. The chills then hot flashes I was sweating. Threw up again. Later went back and just dry heaved. Laid in bed at 8 and have not got up once. Its now 1:45am. My eyes keep wanting to close like I said I'm mentally and physically beat. My legs won't be still. Feels like I wanna run a marathon. Stomach still feels sick. Oh yea back to my eyes. I feel like I could so easily fall asleep for hours. I keep seeing double on the screen. But I can't go to sleep. Something weird happens when I close my eyes that I have not heard anybody talk about on here about herion withdrawls. Every time I close them I get these weird electric feeling shocks or electric fast jabs inside different parts of my body. It was freaking me out. Then I rememberd when I was in my early 20's I was on 40mg of paxil for 2 years. Well me being young and dumb stopped taking them cold turkey. I got the exact same feeling electric jabs or quick little jabs if u will inside my body. My doctor at the time said I need to ween off of them. So I started taking them and he kept lowering the dose until finally I was off of them. None the less this has me freaked out tonight. So I called Peggy the addiction counselor. She said basically the neurons in my brain have been so used to me feeding them herion and now its not getting any and my brain is pretty confused right now and is going crazy and doesn't know how to function with out it. She thinks that's where the electric zaps are coming from because of how much I was taking. I used all day long.

I'm still confused about the suboxone. I hear people say its a wonder pill for them. For me it is for a few hours. Then it seems like it wears off and I'm dope sick. Tonight is by far the worst I have expierenced. What really scares me is that I'm only on day one so I'm sure the worst is yet to come. Maybe the sub just needs to build up in my body. She also told me the old story of day 3 being the worst is a myth and that with the way I used I'm gonna feel like shit for about 3 weeks. I would take some klonopin right now for help but they both told me absolutely no benzos because I'm taking 12mg of suboxone a day. Do u think I could take another half of suboxone right now to make these electric zaps go away so I can sleep. I def don't want to abuse them I took the last half at 5 pm its now 2am. Any suggestions would be greatly appriecated.

Holy shit I'm so delirous from sleep deprevation I just saw how much I wrote. Sorry I didn't intend on making a novel about my fucked up day 1 of detox :)

If you actually read this and make it all the way down here a huge thank you for listening to me babble on. Or read I should say lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I still can't believe I typed all that. On my phone at that lol. Well I snapped out of it. Yesterday I had a good day and this morning I woke up feeling good. I've been spacing my doses apart through out the day. So about an hour after my first dose today I started feeling irritated and aggrivated with just about everything and everyone. Well as the day progressed so did this feeling. Just a down right angry and mean feeling, still have it now and I'm not really an angry person. I just thought this is weird. Hopefully ill snap out of it when I wake up in the morning.