• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Questions with snorting drugs

whatsup73

Bluelighter
I've read somewhere cant really remember but it said that if you can taste the drug you are doing then it is really going down your throat.. thus going into your stomach. Is this true? When i do oxys or coke or anything really i always get the taste "drips". Does this mean its going into my stomach and that is how it is getting absorbed?
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, when you taste it in the back of your throat it is because of the drug draining from your nasal passages and dripping down your throat, and to your stomach.

For drugs with a high oral BA, such as oxycodone, this is either neutral or desired. What drips into the stomach will be absorbed(at a greater rate than the drugs in your nose actually)

For drugs with a low oral BA, such as cocaine, the drip is unwanted(unless you enjoy the throat numbing) and you should try to keep the drugs in your nose

But oral absorption that occurs from drippage after snorting is not primarily responsible for the effects. Most of the drug is absorbed by the mucous membranes in your sinus cavities before reaching your throat, but the drug dripping down your throat will also be available in the GI tract.

I never snorted any pills until I tried Morphine pills...........people say the high doesnt last as long & that is probably true but snorting Morphine for me at least, feels 10 times better than taking it orally. The high is warm & euphoric when snorted.........I dont get much euphoria when taken orally but as for tasting the pills in the throat, I can taste some of it but its no big deal to me.

One thing you shouldnt do is snort hard like you do with cocaine..............try to keep the pill powder in your membranes of your nose. I just tried for the first time roxycodone snorted & was pleasantly surprised at the high compared to orally.........one thing is for sure, snorting can definitely get you hooked faster than oral usage.

^Good replies.

I wanted to add that, though you may taste some of the chemicals in an oxy after you snort it, depending on how much time has elapsed between initially snorting the drug and tasting the drip, the "loss" may still be insignificant.

For example, if you snort oxy and taste the drip 30 minutes later, it's quite likely that most (if not all) of the oxy has already passed into your bloodstream via the mucous membrane in your nasal passage. If, however, you taste the drip 5 or even 10 minutes post-insufflation, you may want to refine your snorting technique or snort less at a time so you're not overwhelming the membrane surface area available for absorbing the drug.

~ vaya

Drugs with a low oral bio-avail, yet a higher nasal avail, shouldn't be railed to death. Take bumps more often. Save the CD case-sized lines for high school.