• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man dropped marijuana in son's lunch box

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
Connecticut police say they have charged a man with drug possession after daycare workers reported finding marijuana in his 18-month-old son's lunch box.
NBC Connecticut reports that 33-year-old John Sulzbach of Killingworth is due to appear Dec. 22 in court on charges of possessing a controlled substance and risk of injury to a child.

Police say Sulzbach was arrested Thursday at his home after employees at his son's daycare center called police, saying they'd found what appeared to be a marijuana-filled cigarette in the toddler's food container.
Police say their investigation found Sulzbach had accidentally dropped it into the container the night before while preparing his son's lunch.
Sulzbach was released on a written promise to appear in court.

source: http://www.myrecordjournal.com/ap_s...ae72-58d5-b87c-c512f030f63d.html#.TtwnD3M4NL4

Could this even harm a child? Its not like their going to light it up during nap time and start toking

Very small chance that it could harm a child.
Same with a vial of coke - it's not like the kid would open it up and begin snorting lines.

However, my first reaction to this was that the irresponsibility implied by such a result is shocking to me, as a parent.
Keep your drugs away from your kids.
Simple as that.

And yet, it is always possible that the kid was somewhere else when the dad prepared his lunch, and a joint fell out of the dad's shirt... It is possible to imagine a situation where the dad was only a little irresponsible, and bad luck was the main culprit.

Quite irresponsible yes, but think about it - a child of 18 months would have to find a lighter, learn to use it, have knowledge on how to smoke, then manage to spark it up and start inhaling, there is less than a 1% chance that the child could have got high from this.
+ cannabis is inactive orally I believe

^ Not true.
Active orally.
Hypothetically, the child could have eaten the joint, gotten very high, and freaked out, but it is unlikely that he would have suffered physical harm from the dosage. However, freaking out can be dangerous.

(You can boil cannabis in milk or soymilk and drink it. You can also eat cannabis straight, though if you don't have any oil in your stomach, you may not feel anything. I ate half a gram straight, after a meal, to experiment, many years ago, and was extremely high for around 6 hours.)

^ I didn't know that it is possible, as long as you have oil. Thanks man! I always thought it was inactive orally no matter what-unless of course you cook with it or infuse it into some sort of something which would then be made into an edible, or more rarely-a drinkable.

^ I didn't know that it is possible, as long as you have oil. Thanks man! I always thought it was inactive orally no matter what-unless of course you cook with it or infuse it into some sort of something which would then be made into an edible, or more rarely-a drinkable.

No problem!
The milk/soymilk recipe is the best, because it is so much easier than making butter.
Just boil 1/2 to 1 gram per person in some milk, on a low boil, for 15 minutes.
Drink the milk, and have a nice 6- or 8-hour high.
You can eat the weed if you want to be extra sure, though it doesn't taste good, and is not necessary.

Really? I ate half a gram before when I was about 13 (stole it from my dads friend, not knowing how to smoke it) and it did nothing whatsoever. Does the thc not have to be disolved in oil/fat?
Though even still, if a child were to eat a joint I doubt they would like the taste and swalow it lol.
At the end of the day yes its very irresponsible to have dropped that into a childs lunchbox... Imagine it had of been an e or even a valium

Unrelated though out of interest - could you microwave a cup of milk then drop the herb in as if it were tea then drink it to get high?

Really? I ate half a gram before when I was about 13 (stole it from my dads friend, not knowing how to smoke it) and it did nothing whatsoever. Does the thc not have to be disolved in oil/fat?

I have had mixed results with eating it straight. With enough fat/oil in my stomach, after having eaten a large meal, it has worked perfectly. Without, it has failed miserably.
But the milk/soymilk method is simple and always effective.

Unrelated though out of interest - could you microwave a cup of milk then drop the herb in as if it were tea then drink it to get high?

I don't know it this would work. If you just drop the herb in afterward, it might not work.
I usually boil it on low (simmer) for 10-15 minutes with the herb in it.
If you try microwaving it, let us know how it turns out!

I don't know it this would work. If you just drop the herb in afterward, it might not work.
I usually boil it on low (simmer) for 10-15 minutes with the herb in it.
If you try microwaving it, let us know how it turns out!

I might just give this a try, how much herb do you reccomend to try first? I havnt smoked in around 2 weeks so .25 -.5 gram? Would this do the job?

How high would you have to be to lose some of your weed while preparing your son's lunch?