• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

ALERT: US Military Admits To Guarding, Assisting Lucrative Opium Trade In Afghanistan

Unbreakable

Bluelighter
Afghanistan is, by far, the largest grower and exporter of opium in the world today, cultivating a 92 percent market share of the global opium trade. But what may shock many is the fact that the US military has been specifically tasked with guarding Afghan poppy fields, from which opium is derived, in order to protect this multibillion dollar industry that enriches Wall Street, the CIA, MI6, and various other groups that profit big time from this illicit drug trade scheme.

Prior to the tragic events of September 11, 2001, Afghanistan was hardly even a world player in growing poppy, which is used to produce both illegal heroin and pharmaceutical-grade morphine. In fact, the Taliban had been actively destroying poppy fields as part of an effort to rid the country of this harmful plant, as was reported by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on February 16, 2001, in a piece entitled Nation's opium production virtually wiped out (news.google.com/newspapers?n...).

But after 9/11, the US military-industrial complex quickly invaded Afghanistan and began facilitating the reinstatement of the country's poppy industry. According to the United Nations Drug Control Program (UNDCP), opium cultivation increased by 657 percent in 2002 after the US military invaded the country under the direction of then-President George W. Bush (www.infowars.com/fox-news-ma...).

CIA responsible for reinstating opium industry in Afghanistan after 9/11
More recently, The New York Times (NYT) reported that the brother of current Afghan President Hamid Karzai had actually been on the payroll of the CIA for at least eight years prior to this information going public in 2009. Ahmed Wali Karzai was a crucial player in reinstating the country's opium drug trade, known as Golden Crescent, and the CIA had been financing the endeavor behind the scenes (www.infowars.com/ny-times-af...).

"The Golden Crescent drug trade, launched by the CIA in the early 1980s, continues to be protected by US intelligence, in liaison with NATO occupation forces and the British military," wrote Prof. Michel Chossudovsky in a 2007 report, before it was revealed that Ahmed Wali Karzai was on the CIA payroll. "The proceeds of this lucrative multibillion dollar contraband are deposited in Western banks. Almost the totality of revenues accrue to corporate interests and criminal syndicates outside Afghanistan" (www.thirdworldtraveler.com/A...).

Source:
http://www.naturalnews.com/034289_Afghanistan_opium_trade.html#ixzz1fGN6YsDI

DIRTY dirty tricks..... Surprise WAR ON DRUGS

Last edited by a moderator:
Where exactly do they 'admit' to doing this?

they dont admit exactly but the ive been knowing this for along time but they aint hiding it very well plus if you want actual proof i think it was the 70's and 80's that they got busted smuggling tons of cocaine into the u.s. Freeway ricky ross's plug was a CIA person...also a couple yrs ago i cia registered plane went down with a shit load of coke in south america somewhere...its a sick fuckin game

Fuck yea thats just how the CIA rolls.

they dont admit exactly but the ive been knowing this for along time

There's a big difference between the party in question actually admitting to something, and you just having a strong personal opinion on it.

if it's largely about opium, what does that mean in iraq and iran?

Too bad most of that opium gets converted to heroin, opium's not that bad.

They should legalize cannabis, then the Afghans can sell their bomb-ass hash instead, legally. Hell legalize opium.

Geraldo Rivera is a pimp.

Hell legalize opium.

I can see the proscribed non-synthetics legalized before anything else. Cannabis certainly, but also opium, khat and coca. Hopefully the same will apply to natural psychedelics.

I read a report on the internet that the poppies in Afghanistan are blighted with a fungus and has cut the crop in half creating a serious shortage. It went on to say that many drug agencies in the uk are reportiing a massive increase in addicts od'ing, believing it was smack but in fact it was the things it's been cut with to make up the volume.
I know that their was a really bad famine last year but I thought it was improving. I must admit, in my part of the uk, their is plenty, as long as you've got the dough and it's not too bad. most of it anyway. Dealers are learning that if they sell shit, they will lose trade to another dealer who has got better gear. I think most if not all the gear comes up from London so I shouldn't think they are having any problems.
I'm lucky I've got a maintenence scrip so when theres nothing about or the gear aint worth buying I just stick to the Meth', takes a few days to get use to it but it's not as bad as cluckin'. These days it's more the money, or lack of it, that forces me to stick to the juice from time to time.

It's old news that the CIA deal in drugs,where did I read a report, long time ago, that they were dealing in 'class a' to finance the contra rebels in their conflict with the commies. In fact I have read more than one article regarding the CIA and their involvment with drugs.
It sounded true enough but what do I know, I'm like everyone else, love a good conspiricy story, especially if it's about something thats so close to my heart, like drugs.

ppl need to just open their eyes and actually listen they could stop most of the herion trade right there but instead they have a full hand in it and allow and sell it and then bust ppl for it and make money off of that