• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does oxycodone give you a hangover? Whats the remedy or pre-treatment?

DrDuke

Greenlighter
Hey guys, now that I'm doing 25 mg of oxy in a night I find myself hung over the next day. Tired, sick stommach etc. Any one else? What can be done to prevent this? Anything you can do the next day to feel better?

Thanks guys

I get a little bit of an immediate hangover a couple hours after dosing oxycodone, sometimes resulting in a headache but usually only a stomach ache. It pales in comparison to the hangover I get from hydrocodone... More powerful opioids don't cause me any problems even after large doses.

I can't help you with feeling tired, other than suggesting you use your last daily dose earlier in the evening. We process drugs more slowly when we go to sleep under their influence. I can help with the stomach ache, though. Always eat after taking oxy, if you do it a couple hours in, or if you'd rather wait for the effects to completely wear off and just have a snack before bed. Whenever I feel a stomach ache coming on during an opioid's effects or directly after, I eat 100-300 calories and all nausea and cramping is immediately alleviated.

as far as preventing feeling shitty the next day, what i find that works best is ............ not doing oxys.

Doing more oxy helps. Haha I wouldn't follow the advice unless you don't mind being an addict though.

These are just hangovers we get from using opiates, and like the guy above said, they only real way to get rid of it is to do more. After time this will go away, but all you can really do to try and avoid this is stay hydrated (you sweat a lot from high doses) and eat as much as you can (even if you don't feel like it).

A question on the problems caused by oxy or hydrocodone and their preparations : are you guys watching how much acetaminophen you're taking in during the session?
The effects from that will give you a headache and make you light-sensitive as well as a horrible stomach ache. It almost feels like you have the flu (similar to an opioid hangover or the flu except you don't sweat or get body aches).

You may want to try dosing smaller (I know this isn't FUN, but it can make the next day more tolerable).

Good luck and be safe!

I never get a hang over, but I do my last dose around 1am...which might play apart it in.

With occasional use its not a very noticable hangover. If someone did experience ill next day effects id say hydrating well and maybe a bit of caffeine for a pick up would help