• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Doctors says can change to anyOPIATE/OPIOID from ROXI30mg..

OpioidSoldier

Greenlighter
I currently take 5x 30mg oxycodone HCI (ROXICODONE) tablets per day along with methadone and more but besides the point, I was asking her about OPANA IR and if I could try it and she mentioned she would be welcome to let me change my 30mg roxicodone meds to any other pain killer just as long as it works similar and is for IR not ER. But I looked up OPANA IR and is extremely expensive. So should I stick with 30mg OXYCODONE HCI ( ROXICODONES ) or is there another drug that would be worth trying just or more powerful? DO NOT LIKE DILAUDID got generics and shooting them sucked dunno if that had to do with the lack of brand name but please give me advice.

THANKS!

O.K.!

I know you can get generic opana IRs. i'm not sure about the ERs but i believe i've run into those as well. However name brand ERs are MUCH MORE COMMON (in fact i dont think i've seen a generic ER in a year or more). Generic IRs are fairly easy to come across though if i'm thinking correctly.

And for me at least and my insurance, it doesn't matter what the drug is, generics have a fixed cost. Dunno what its like for you though.

If you can't get Opana IR, and don't like hydromorphone, I'd say your best bet is probably what you have.

Yeah, Opana IR is now available in generic, so it should be pretty cheap. Honestly, don't do it. Opana sucks. It is awesome at first until it rachets your tolerance into the stratosphere, and by the time you get back to roxi, you will have to take 3 at once just to feel any relief at all. Just speaking from personal experience, I would stick to the roxi for sure!

to OP if u are IV'ing, opana will raise ur tolerance up and it will suck. i urge u to not switch to opana, especially if IV'ing.

i had a very large supply and ended up needing to shoot so many of those things, so often, just to maintain that the only practical way to get relief was to lower my tolerance and get onto suboxone (but my tolerance was too high for that maybe bc i disrespected it so much) or methadone or use nmda antagonist like a long term pcp analog with a babysitter.

Even with endless opanas, i could not keep iv'ing as i was out of veins (or so it seemed, and the need to inject was like every hour many tablets of opana ir. it was such a horrendous experience even tapering. it made h seem like a sugar high from candy. My friends who I got hooked (I warned them, but they wanted them) all ended up having huge tolerances and having awful detoxes...

im not educated on all opiates, however, that is just my personal nightmare w opana that i dont wish on anyone.

Yeah, Opana IR is now available in generic, so it should be pretty cheap. Honestly, don't do it. Opana sucks. It is awesome at first until it rachets your tolerance into the stratosphere, and by the time you get back to roxi, you will have to take 3 at once just to feel any relief at all. Just speaking from personal experience, I would stick to the roxi for sure!

Spoken for truth.