• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin All Duane reade had was 25 gauge?

They're pretty big, but as long as you're careful, all should be well.

Thank you sire ;) yea it looks kinda big the worst part is the fact the measure ments are so big. 3 ml 25 5/8 by bd

Nice for hitting your glutes, but I'd have to pass on using 25G elsewhere.

i feel like the sometimes the pharmacy ppl must not want to sell me needles or something bc ill be in nyc in manhattan and they will have nothing but 30 unit, short needle, 25gauge, the opposite of whatever im looking for (1cc, 29g, long needle). i wonder if it's their way of rebelling against harm reduction.

and then, by a dope copping spot in brooklyn, none of the small mom and pop pharmacies sell any needles and i have to hike a mile away literally. i feel like that is crazy.

^I've had similar thoughts pop into my head the last couple times I went to the pharmacy. Because of similar experiences.
The first time, the guy gave me the right gauge 1cc's but they were really short tipped. To a degree that I had to work much more than usual to bring my veins "up."
The second time, the pharmacist claimed they didn't sell different gauges. When I asked what their one size's gauge was, he responded "I don't know." They were huge. I like a larger point, but they were on the extreme side. Certainly not ideal for insulin shots. Almost like they've got a box of "For Junkies Only" 10 packs.

Don't mean to hijack. 25's are certainly not ideal. I'd just be real careful, gentle going in and out of your skin/vein. I certainly wouldn't recommend reusing them much. I doubt that's in your plans anyways though. Hope it works/worked out.

^I've had similar thoughts pop into my head the last couple times I went to the pharmacy. Because of similar experiences.
The first time, the guy gave me the right gauge 1cc's but they were really short tipped. To a degree that I had to work much more than usual to bring my veins "up."
The second time, the pharmacist claimed they didn't sell different gauges. When I asked what their one size's gauge was, he responded "I don't know." They were huge. I like a larger point, but they were on the extreme side. Certainly not ideal for insulin shots. Almost like they've got a box of "For Junkies Only" 10 packs.

Don't mean to hijack. 25's are certainly not ideal. I'd just be real careful, gentle going in and out of your skin/vein. I certainly wouldn't recommend reusing them much. I doubt that's in your plans anyways though. Hope it works/worked out.
While posting here I was in Brooklyn copping as I was speaking. I didn't answer the 5 PMs that I got either cause it's soo shady. I picked up sleeve and I always get paranoid, i was a walking felony.
P.s mad cops yesterday. More than usual. Thank god I looked properly shaven white Italian america
There was 2 undercover nypd wearing tool belts, it was trippy. One girl Asian cop and a white younger cop.
**** back to my oping and feedback
Yes I feel like they fuck with me cause sometimes they have littarly what I ask for jn two seconds when I cop and stop for spikes. Then another times they don't have any or she hands over strong that looks like a movie prop from any heroin junkie .
Yes it really sucks. C

Some of the more professional or caring pharmasists at least will give me the pamphlets that tell you the nys law/ we can have up 10 unused syringes I think right? Can't be opened or something. But I know you can get a card that allows you to be official syringe user to help prevent the spread of hep c and aids in NYC.
Another pamphlet will say how to dispose of sharps.
And another on how to use safely.
And also how to get help to get clean and in case of an od what to do.

I doubt someone with real diabetes needs that much or little milliliter of insuline exspecially the guagee types we request.
But I don't suffer from the disease so correct me if I'm wrong l?!?!

Any how Im still scared to use the freaking horse needle that looks 2 inches long .

Back to nodding off for 2 hours cause I drank too much ficking coffee plus I cant sleep on heroin sometimes.

Fuckin bastards pharmacists, the same everywhere in the world(of course not all of them). They say you they don't have, so what the fuck, in fact they have their BIG share of responsibility for the spread of AIDS and HIV. Fuckin bastards, they don't give a shit, another junkie gets AIDS, so what?..Go die you bastard pharmacist, not the junkie..

MartinFn

Fuckin bastards pharmacists, the same everywhere in the world(of course not all of them). They say you they don't have, so what the fuck, in fact they have their BIG share of responsibility for the spread of AIDS and HIV. Fuckin bastards, they don't give a shit, another junkie gets AIDS, so what?..Go die you bastard pharmacist, not the junkie..

MartinFn

I've had a few pharmacists actually get nasty towards me. Get after me verbally for asking. I live in a state where it's not against the law, but it's extremely difficult to find a place that will sell them.
I always walk out wondering what exactly is in their heads. Do they think I'm gonna get discouraged and toss my bags? I think you're right in that a lot of them just don't give a shit. Or they've decided they're not gonna contribute to helping a drug user. Such a stupid stance to take. Hep C is a big problem around here, and I think they're as responsible as anyone.
Every once in a while, you'll find someone that "gets it." There's this local pharmacist that I discovered, that just kind of knowingly nods and goes and grabs a ten pack of perfect sized rigs.

The needle exchange here is like chasing a ghost. It's mobile, and they constantly change their times, locations. When you do find them, it's always in the ghett, and it's like walking into a hornets nest.
Police and dealers swarming everywhere. Cops trying to pick up people holding and/or dealers. Slingers trying to find new customers, avoid the police. And the van's completely unmarked. Just this sketchy blue van. It feels like copping. A ridiculous situation.

25g is okay for veins in theory - in hospital they are standard, or even bigger - but they do a lot more damage than the higher gauges so are likely to fuck up your vains faster, cause track marks etc.. they will work, but not a good idea for long-term use.

Ahaha guys I was going to go in the shower to do my shot and I look at my only 25 gauge and it was bent at the tip. I dont know how but I'll have to deal with the 30 ml 30 gauge short tips I have left. But still man damn , I put the two needles together, the 25 gauge looks like u can littarly stick the 30 right inside the hole. I'll take it as a sign . Fuck 25 gauge, 28,29,30 full or half cc

I've had a few pharmacists actually get nasty towards me. Get after me verbally for asking. I live in a state where it's not against the law, but it's extremely difficult to find a place that will sell them.
I always walk out wondering what exactly is in their heads. Do they think I'm gonna get discouraged and toss my bags? I think you're right in that a lot of them just don't give a shit. Or they've decided they're not gonna contribute to helping a drug user. Such a stupid stance to take. Hep C is a big problem around here, and I think they're as responsible as anyone.
Every once in a while, you'll find someone that "gets it." There's this local pharmacist that I discovered, that just kind of knowingly nods and goes and grabs a ten pack of perfect sized rigs.

The needle exchange here is like chasing a ghost. It's mobile, and they constantly change their times, locations. When you do find them, it's always in the ghett, and it's like walking into a hornets nest.
Police and dealers swarming everywhere. Cops trying to pick up people holding and/or dealers. Slingers trying to find new customers, avoid the police. And the van's completely unmarked. Just this sketchy blue van. It feels like copping. A ridiculous situation.

That sounds like Hamsterdam from the Wire, but like the day Hamsterdam is closed and they just arrest a shit ton of ppl for trying to follow harm reduction. Sorry that CT's situation is sooo shitty. I have copped in Paterson, NJ and in NJ syringes are not sold in pharmacies. It is so sad that ppl are so desperate there that i have been thanked for giving ppl my used needles bc they were in need of some. There is an exchange there but it aint a 24 hr spot and junkies arent the best planners.

That sounds like Hamsterdam from the Wire, but like the day Hamsterdam is closed and they just arrest a shit ton of ppl for trying to follow harm reduction. Sorry that CT's situation is sooo shitty. I have copped in Paterson, NJ and in NJ syringes are not sold in pharmacies. It is so sad that ppl are so desperate there that i have been thanked for giving ppl my used needles bc they were in need of some. There is an exchange there but it aint a 24 hr spot and junkies arent the best planners.

I miss The Wire. Baltimore's awful, but Hartford and some of its neighboring cities aren't much better. From what I'm reading, you already know that.
Regarding Paterson, that's unbelievable. Especially for a town with so many addicts.
Somewhat similar situation: I was sick as fuck and headed to cop(living in Hartford at the time.) There was this bodega that sold singles for a long time, that I would hit up. I go up, ask for one, and the girl behind the counter's like, "no more! You need to go now!" Gave me the clear impression that they'd actually been intimidated by someone(police, of course.)
I go outside and people are, like always, around yelling shit or trying to make eye contact. The calls weren't the typical calls for bags or crack, but something about sharps. They'd found out the bodega stopped and were selling them.
So I'm fucking sick. I need one. I go up to one of the guys, ask him to show me what he's got, thinking he's probably got the singles sealed in plastic. He's just got loose rigs. I can see it's clearly not new. That's what it comes to. I left and just by chance my girl I used to see had a few fresh ones.

Where I'm at now isn't as bad. I also recently went to a state in northern New England. A very liberal one.
They have a regular business hours exchange. Cookers, the nice rubber ties, cottons, purified water ampules, bio-hazard boxes, etc, etc. There was none of the one for one bullshit with the rigs either. A little bit of talking with the woman and I had myself a box of 100.
I was there for a few weeks. I shot up with a handful of different people. I saw a bunch of people shoot up. Each one of them had new gear. In Hartford, I'd see somebody reusing a rig 9 times out of 10.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, complaining about this shit. It just enrages me.
OP - How'd the short tip 30ml work? Fucking rock and a hard place. I can't even really work well with the half cc's.

While posting here I was in Brooklyn copping as I was speaking. I didn't answer the 5 PMs that I got either cause it's soo shady. I picked up sleeve and I always get paranoid, i was a walking felony.
P.s mad cops yesterday. More than usual. Thank god I looked properly shaven white Italian america
There was 2 undercover nypd wearing tool belts, it was trippy. One girl Asian cop and a white younger cop.
**** back to my oping and feedback
Yes I feel like they fuck with me cause sometimes they have littarly what I ask for jn two seconds when I cop and stop for spikes. Then another times they don't have any or she hands over strong that looks like a movie prop from any heroin junkie .
Yes it really sucks. C

Some of the more professional or caring pharmasists at least will give me the pamphlets that tell you the nys law/ we can have up 10 unused syringes I think right? Can't be opened or something. But I know you can get a card that allows you to be official syringe user to help prevent the spread of hep c and aids in NYC.
Another pamphlet will say how to dispose of sharps.
And another on how to use safely.
And also how to get help to get clean and in case of an od what to do.

I doubt someone with real diabetes needs that much or little milliliter of insuline exspecially the guagee types we request.
But I don't suffer from the disease so correct me if I'm wrong l?!?!

Any how Im still scared to use the freaking horse needle that looks 2 inches long .

Back to nodding off for 2 hours cause I drank too much ficking coffee plus I cant sleep on heroin sometimes.

25g is pretty serious. You will need to find the thickest veins you got for that (id use crook of elbow). Be careful you don't pull back a crazy amount to create a HUGE vacuum (if thast the way you IV). Often times when people have a bigger barrel like 3cc, theyll pull back a little and its like 40 units they don't even realize it. That can fuck your vein. I hate gettin pins at duane reade.. not only are they $4 for a pack when every where else is 2-3 bucks, their pins suck and their selection blows. They also don't do cash back. I fuck wit the 24 hour walgreens at Union Square.. they are da bomb. Pins whenever you need em! Side note: I've realized most mom&pops around NYC seem to turn you down if you ask to buy pins.. but the chain stores, well i've never been turned down in Manhattan..

Yo I don't wanna derail..but you PM was full. I see you cop in BK. Just curious wat stamp u got a sleeve of? I've heard of a sleeve but never heard of anyone coppin then around NYC or how many bricks/bundles that word represents? I just rarely hear that word around NYC lol.

No I am not tryin to get a connect or anything.. have plenty of those all over NYC lol. The sleeve thing kind of surprised me so I am curious bout that. Also.. what stamp u get a sleeve of? I been gettin Empire FOREVER it feels like..but it switched to a skull n crossbones now thats fuckin superb as well.

Last edited: