• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can someone give me a taper schedule to get off heroin via suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burn out

Bluelighter
I have a half gram a day heroin habit. I have the 8 mg suboxone strips. My doctor told me to take 16 mg every day. Based on what I've read on here, I feel like I can get by with significantly less than that. I'm also going to mention that the last time I got off heroin, I had injectable buprenorphine vials and 0.3 mg via I.M. injection was enough to take care of 85% of my WD symptoms. Back then I didn't have as serious a heroin habit as I do now though.

So anyway, I am just looking for a schedule to follow to get off heroin and get off suboxone too. I would like to be able to go to work during the taper although I do have plenty of sick days, which I plan to use at the end of the taper when I jump off completely. Also, I know this has probably been asked a million times but it would be great if you could include how long I should wait from last dose of heroin before taking my first dose of suboxone.

Last edited:
if u take h, then wait at least 12 hrs b4 suboxone to avoid precipitated w/d, but it really depends. ppl say to be safe wait until u feel some minor w/d symptoms. are u tapering off suboxone? well, depending on how long u have been on subs would determine how quickly u could physically taper off comfortably. i read some research that stated that ideal is about 2 weeks for a full taper off suboxone. But if u have been on subs for a long time, then u may need to come off much more slowly.

I havent started taking the subs yet. I am currently on heroin. I want to use the subs to come off heroin. So I am going to switch from heroin to subs, than taper off the subs.

I need a schedule though. For instance, how much subs do I start with and then how much do i reduce by?

Wait aslong as you can until taking the subs..like when your in bad WD, it took me awhile to adjust and felt shit for days, I never had a big habit like that though, good luck mate hopefully someone will get you sorted.

EDIT: Less is defo more with bupe/subs but take what you have too so your not craving or crawling

Read the 13+ mega threads and do a search, this has been covered before. BL is not a substitute for a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.