• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's the best way to eat and drink beer in the same evening?

Pegasus

Ex-Bluelighter
What's the best way to eat and drink beer in the same evening? I have a big dinner planned obviously, and I don't usually have the desire to continue drinking beer after eating. Alcohol users, give me tips.

I usually have an early dinner and then start drinking beer, followed by some snacks later on in the evening.

Or, you could drink loads of beer first, and have a late meal afterwards. I find drinking several beers before an evening meal can stave off my appetite for food for a few hours, but it will not hold off hunger pangs for ever, and the meal will still be enjoyable when you eventually get stuck in,.

Cooking is great fun when moderately drunk too :D

Have a good one however you do it !

Nice Tommyboy, makes a lot of sense actually. I think that's what I'm gonna try. I'm open to more tips though.

how'd it work out Pega? you puke? :p

just kidding around, im just jealous that people are having thanksgiving and i get to sit at home alone with my cat with no turkey and i don't drink :|

Haha no, I just did what Tommyboy suggested and ate first. I will commence drinking shortly. I don't drink that much though, I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol nowadays. 2-3 beers will be plenty for me.

Choose a good beer to compliment your meal, and just relax and enjoy the food while you work on catching a nice buzz. :)

Though if you're actually trying to get drunk, find something more effective than beer... you'll just end up feeling way too full if you're pounding them with a big meal.

Im with Roger. I find that having a few shots before my meal stimulates my appetite, just enough so i can eat a nice belt expanding amount along with a few nice brews. And while youre letting that settle you can get down with a couple stiff drinks of your liking. The upside of the after meal drink is you wont be immediately hammered and can at least manage to make it to halftime before your itis kicks in.

Haha no, I just did what Tommyboy suggested and ate first. I will commence drinking shortly. I don't drink that much though, I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol nowadays. 2-3 beers will be plenty for me.

Just don't forget to eat another couple hundred calories before you crash. Eating: nature's ultimate comedown/hangover-negater. :p

Choose a good beer to compliment your meal, and just relax and enjoy the food while you work on catching a nice buzz. :)

this

it's all about complimenting the alcohol to your food

red wine with steak, pbr (yes pbr) with seafood like oysters/scallops/Sam Adams with cajun catfish, etc etc