• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone Permanent Side Effect After Use - Permanent Tolerance to Oxycodone

opaitesrheaven

Greenlighter
First off I know my drugz and opiates well. This is an undocumented very rare complication of Suboxone use. I have been an opiate user/addict the majority of my adult life. Ever since using suboxone to get clean about 6 months ago I have never been able to get hi off of oxycodone or any of the "codone" family of opiates (oxycodone / hydrocodone / codeine, etc) while my tolerance to Heroin is unaffected. Let me state the facts:

1 - I have not taken Suboxone (bupe) in over 6 months! So this is a PERMANENT side effect.
2 - I only used suboxone for a single short term detox (2mg for 10 days only) 6 months ago.
3 - I do not use oxycodone anymore so I should have no tolerance to it.
4 - Before suboxone use, i'd take 5-10mg at a time and feel "in heaven". (30-60 a day total oxy use)
5 - After the suboxone incident I can literally take 10 times what I used to take and still not feel "in heaven".

Now what I want more than my left nut is to fix / reverse this so I can enjoy oxy again. Trust me, occasional oxycodone use is much better and safer for me than what I have been doing to fill the void. Has anyone heard of this or experienced it themselves? I know this is a rare incident as there is practically no information on the topic. If you want any more details I will gladly give any info to you about this case, just ask. I will pay someone for a legit cure/fix. Any relevant help is so much appreciated.

You seem to be under the impression that there's no cross-tolerance between smack and oxycodone. There assuredly is.

If you've been an opiate user/addict the majority of your adult life, then you almost certainly have at least a reasonably tolerance to opiates. That's what's at play here, not the suboxone.

If you've been an opiate user/addict the majority of your adult life, then you almost certainly have at least a reasonably tolerance to opiates. That's what's at play here, not the suboxone.

You are probably right but I have noticed that suboxone has jacked my total opiate tolerance up to insane levels.

I know for a fact that whenever I used heroin, even if I wasn't dependent and waited three to four days, 20 mg of oxy would NOT get me high. However I know that on 3 mg of suboxone I can get high on oxycontin with about 60 mg, so I also don't think it's the subs.

I have been using heroin for 5 years now, IV for the past 3. I have noticed that hydro/oxycodone just simply dont cut it anymore. I cant get any euphoria from either and cant get high at all.

Heroin is the only opiate that I can rely on to get euphoria/high from.

And I have taken tons of suboxone in my time and it didnt change much like you are saying.

I believe it's an individual thing. I started in Vietnam 1970 with china White and have been on MMT a total [off and on] of about 30 yrs. Switched to Subs about 3 yrs ago and tapered down to 1mg. I dose in mornings and the next morning I can take 70-80mg oxy and get a pretty good buzz which is enhanced with a few shots of vodka.... I would agree that overall long term ORT does screw up your ability to get high like you used too. I do this sometimes 2-3 times a month and it's definitely a very nice experience and escape from subs.

thanx for the info and personal experiences. It looks like suboxone use can lead to a permanent tolerance to oxy after initial use. I think my case is just an extreme example of this. Now I have to rail 40-60mg oxy just to achieve the same feeling that 5-10mg used to do. Bummer.