Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Temporary drug control power kicks in

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Public Service

22 November 2011

With reader comments

http://www.publicservice.co.uk/news_story.asp?id=18085

A new temporary power to control potentially harmful new drugs has been introduced, alongside an importation ban on two substances closely linked to chemicals found in the 'legal high' brand 'Ivory Wave' – Diphenylprolinol (D2PM) and diphenylmethyl-pyrrolidine.

The ban means the UK Border Agency will have the power to seize and destroy any shipments of the substances at UK borders.

The temporary control power gives the Home Secretary the authority to place an instant ban on any substance deemed potentially harmful while the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs provides more detailed advice to government.

Lord Henley, home office minister for crime prevention and antisocial behaviour reduction, said: "High quality scientific advice is vital to the government's drugs policy. Today's publication of the Working Protocol underlines our shared commitment to ensuring that the best evidence-based advice is available to government on drug misuse, working together with the common purpose of tackling drug-related harms in the UK."

He added: "The UK is leading the way in cracking down on 'legal highs' by outlawing not just individual drugs, but whole families of related substances that have the potential to cause harm. The temporary control power will allow government to respond quickly and effectively to the changing threat posed by drugs and in particular the emerging menace of so called 'legal highs'."

What was Lord Henley on when he thought that "high quality scientific advice" was in any way relevant to the government's drug policy? "Evidence-based advice" has been consistently rejected and dismissed by the government, sometimes along with the person that presented it to them.

They haven't actually used the new law to ban anything yet...

The same article has just appeared here...
http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/44758

EGov monitor claims..
Our role is not to sit in judgement of specific policies or ideas but facilitate an open debate and discourse on how public policy can be best developed and implemented to optimise their positive impact on lives in UK and European Union primarily.
http://www.egovmonitor.com/aboutegm

Don't know if that makes it an interesting place to add comments to articles.

Last edited:
I can just see my Etizolam being seized. Next week I am gonna have to stock up on AMT and MXE. But it's difficult when you're unemployed. Ohh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll seriously miss MXE, if I was working I'd spend half my wages on the stuff. At least weed is still around. :|

I can just see my Etizolam being seized. Next week I am gonna have to stock up on AMT and MXE. But it's difficult when you're unemployed. Ohh well, it was fun while it lasted. I'll seriously miss MXE, if I was working I'd spend half my wages on the stuff. At least weed is still around. :|

I wonder when they will start banning some of the good ones. Not too much seems to be happening at the moment, just talk...

Great. When we will see a trip report? :)

You know what, that's a good idea. It's kinda fascinating that pills get delivered to your door from the other side of the world, I dunno why but it just is. :D

shit iv got 50g of am-694 coming soon hope to god that dnt get stopped

Come on guy's they'll figure a way around it, hopefully, touch wood. like im pretty sure this has gone way to far like if there are some ctuall chemical reaserchers out there, this will affect them as well. Wish i had that super power that makes people do what i want, i'd get are drug law's back. :)

this "war on drugs" only means "moral objection to altered consciousness

Meditation: banned
Falling in love:
sex: banned

Subjects of her Majesty, welcome to the wonderful world of fascism. Oh yea, the UK was already a fascist regieme.