• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Elgin man faked kidnapping for drug money

Bluelight Crew
ELGIN, S.C. — Authorities say an Elgin man has been arrested after trying to orchestrate his own kidnapping to extort money from his mother so he could buy drugs.

Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews says 30-year-old Christopher Hutto was arrested Friday and charged with extortion.

Matthews says Hutto's mother told deputies Thursday she had received text messages from her son's phone advising her that he had been beaten severely and dropped in the woods.

The woman said the person asked for $100 to disclose her son's location but said he would accept $60.

Deputies set up a drop site and captured Hutto after spotting him nearby. Investigators think Hutto orchestrated the deal to get money to buy crack cocaine.

Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2011/11/19/2052195/police-elgin-man-faked-kidnapping.html#ixzz1eBxY4R7A

Now that is a quick hustle only a crack head or meth head would think it's a good and will work fine...

The "kidnapper" only asked for $100? But he would accept $60???!!!
What a pathetic story.

typical tweaker scheme
or at least when i'm on amphetamines i'll always come up with schemes about acquiring drugs/money that seem reasonable while i'm high but in reality are just dumb ideas.

The "kidnapper" only asked for $100? But he would accept $60???!!!
What a pathetic story.
He wanted to be able to afford the drugs, and a pack of smokes, some booze, and more.

But he'd accept just the drugs... LOL ! I agree, what a pathetic story indeed.

^ That made me laugh. It does sound reasonable-that initially he was wanting to get hooked up real nice but in the end he felt like just crack would be okay to.

Even so, this is another strange story that could have just been prevented if the drug war didn't exist. Hopefully the guy doesn't get too rough of a sentence. He sounds like he needs help more than anything if he is trying to scam his mother out of such a petty amount of money.

facepalm_.jpg

Crazy story! $60? Really? I would probably not even believe this story if someone told me that they wanted $100, but would settle for $60.

^^^^prolly said he got kidnapped by the police and needed money this time but i dont think the cops will settle for $60

Crackhead: " Calling dad cell number I need 5 dollars otherwise they will cut my eyes out "

Dad: " wtf they going to do with 5 dollars? "

Crackhead: "Since they have 60$ of crack they need a Rose Stem to smoke it in & a Bic Lighter for fire & a 40 Ounce of Old English cuz its cheap & cottonmouth is such a bitch "

Crackhead: "Oh shit make that $5.25; we do want them choking when they smoke the crack and there is no screen or worse spill the crack all over the floor "

Dad: " Your right we don't want them to get mad if they loose the crack and kill you"