• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Name your poison: part 2

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Part 2 of our special investigation into the latest research into the effects of recreational drugs.

ECSTASY - THE 'FEEL-GOOD' DRUG

Despite recent signs it may be starting to lose its appeal, the most widely used illicit drug in Australia after cannabis is ecstasy, a synthetic stimulant with hallucinogenic properties.

Ecstasy, or MDMA (methylenedioxymethamphetamine) - first appeared in Australian nightclubs in the late 1980s and the dance and rave scene has largely propelled its popularity since. This is despite being linked in a blaze of publicity to several deaths in the mid-1990s, both here and overseas.

MDMA was first synthesised in 1912 by a German pharmaceutical company; stemming from research to develop a blood-clotting agent, not an appetite suppressant as has been reported.

cont at
http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/features/print/4984/name-your-poison-part-2

^
It's kind of weird that they would put a photo of someone freebasing opposite that article.

Im not sure I would trust "research" from Cosmo magazine. My wife used to read that shit and they give some terrible advice.

Well in the spirit of the article, I'd take MDMA over alcohol any day of the week, but it may not be fully practical to do so, hence my research into other promising chemicals which may enable me to stop drinking fully. I think I've found a nice alternative... %) ;) =D IT-290.

Yeah its every bit MDMA's equal but more interesting, and longer lasting, with fewer negative effects. The come-up however some consider uncomfortable (I find it fine myself). It can be quite psychedelic though, so something to be aware of, and keep doses low, especially to start as it can be a bit unpredictable. I bloody love it though... I'm not sure on its legal status where you are, theres quite a differential globally I believe.

Some basic reading - http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/amt/amt.shtml

There are a number of big-and-dandy threads out there too.

(sorry to hi-jack the thread... :eek:)

EDIT: Seen your post above - you know where I was going...

Thanks man, that sounds good!

Now all I need to do is source some for myself. =D

Is it legal where you are? I know the law can be odd on certain chemicals. The UK for example has a "catch-all" Tryptamine (and Phenethylamine) law where all Tryptamines/Phenethylamines are Class A (highest legal classification), but due to some kind of molecular/structural idiosyncrasy, aMT is exempt from this classification. As is I believe MDOH (a Phenethylamine) and some of the 3-Meo and 4-Meo PCP analogues (such a catch all scheme hasn't been derived for the Arylcyclohexylamines, though immediate PCP analogues are class A).

Im not sure I would trust "research" from Cosmo magazine. My wife used to read that shit and they give some terrible advice.

It was Cosmos, an Australian popular science magazine, not Cosmopolitan. Haha I'd actually read an article about drug research from Cosmopolitan magazine just to see what kind of ridiculousness was in there.