• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Homeland

gm777

Bluelighter
I've searched and couldn't find anything on this show, which is hard to believe because this show blew me away from minute one.

Claire Daines and Damien Lewis are unbelievable in their lead roles. Especially Damien switching his native accent for an American one so perfectly and being able to portray the media exhalted POW war hero vs. the man at home struggling to be a father, husband, and a best friend to Mike, his fellow marine.

This is only the tip of the iceberg, and the show has branched into many different possibilities defining who is good and who is evil and doesn't clearly let u know thus far.

The season finale has to be coming up soon because its getting pretty intense. I could've sat and watched the entire season at once if it was available.

Who else likes this show? It airs immediately after Dexter on Showtime.

This is definitely the best new show of the year. I don't even know what compelled me to watch the Pilot as I usually dismiss any and all national security type shows. I was expecting another shitty show like 24, with slightly more depth and fewer gratuitous explosions being compensated for by the ability that Showtime has to air lots and lots of titties. I never watch a show for the titties, unless they happen to be some titties I would really like to see (Lucy Lawless in Spartacus would qualify, but Spartacus is a good show for what it is).

Instead we are immersed in a world of personality disorders (or is it Manic Depression? Viewers will know exactly what I am talking about) and PTSD and fucked up surveillance at the hands of intelligence agency paranoia of objects which they cannot prove exist, but cannot prove not to exist, so the paranoia continues to go on.

This show is fucking incredible. It surprised the shit out of me. I just finished last nights episode about 10 minutes ago and it blew me away. Every episode has been better than the one before it, and it has you guessing this and that as any good spy show should do without resorting to anything remotely resembling the same old-same old spy show.

It isn't Breaking Bad or The Wire (yet), but it is of that top quality that is rarely seen in television or movies.

All three people I have recommended the show to have been blown away as well. It is impossible to predict that a show of this genre would have such great character depth.

The story started off slowly, but has picked up considerably over the past 3 episodes. The last two in particular were fantastic.

I have really high hopes for this series based on what I've seen so far.

I know!
I thought it was just a straight-forward plot. I really didn't see the twists coming at all.

oh god i fuckin love this show. i was really into "sleeper cell" from showtime and just generally like any movies/shows about terrorism so this gives me a real stiffy. dope cast, brody's wife is fuckin hot. really stoked to see where it goes. im just hoping it doesn't get too crazy with the plot twists n' reveals. like 2 episodes ago u think "whoa, shit just got real" then last episode ending "oh shit, shit just got real-er" okay i can rock with that, but any more realness might be too much imo.

This show is now trying to make its audience less hostile to Al-Qaeda. I really didn't see that coming.

It's a risky move. The audience may not stick with the show if it continues to go that route. Americans can sympathize with evil figures, but not with militant Islamists.

Last edited:
Yeah what the fuck is going to happen next? I definitely didn't see Walker coming into play. I think Brody won't side with the terrorists and will end up getting killed off in the end, but who knows.

Last edited:
Ok, guess I may have been wrong about Brody...

This show has been unbelievable from beginning to end, and I've been absolutely hooked. Many twists and turns to follow here, to start with...

SPOILERS:

NSFW:
Carrie seeks out Brody in person and ends up having an heated affair with him completely putting her CIA security clearance and career to an immediate end if she gets caught.(another sign that this woman is not all there). Almost at the same time, Tom Walker appears, very much alive and armed, prowling the streets of DC at night.

This plays out for a bit and things really get fucked. Carrie gets blown to hell in an explosion along with the Saudi Arabian diplomat and a Tom Walker look alike. As all this is unfolding, Brody is attempting to make amends with his family and is visited by the secret service and the Vice President who asks him to run for Congressional office. Of course Brody agrees, and then we find out why.

He takes his wife and children to Gettysburg for a "family trip". The real meaning of this trip was a bit chilling at first. He ditches the family for a few minutes and visits the drug store where he meets an Arabic gentleman who happens to make suicide bomb vests. Was he really going through with this? What the fuck?

They return home and Carrie has gone absolutely manic brought on from trauma from blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking forward to the new series 7th oct channel 4

a part of me sort of wanted brody to push the button when everyone was gathered in the 'bunker' situation, but its better for the story that he didnt.

^ Yeah true. I've forgotten loads of it, I should watch it all again. But I recall that part you mention pretty well, it was an edge of your seat kind of moment, great show.

ok, the show isn't quite
2333835-turrible.jpg

but it doesn't come close to the quality of mad men, game of thrones or boardwalk empire. homeland has its moments, but the show is just too unbelievable to be taken as seriously as the subject matter promises. the climactic scene in the final episode was very tense, i'll give it that.

i liked that ginger bloke in it, he was good. the cia handler old guy was alright too (except the parts where they tacked on his family subplots which go nowhere). claire danes was just horrible and her character makes a fool out the handler guy.

I guess it's back on then now. Since I see torrents flooded with Season 2, episode 1.