• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Found some Hydrocodone and Valium, been clean for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErgicMergic

Bluelighter
I found a small amount of hydrocodone and valium, 7.5mg hydro and 20mg valium, along with hydroxyzine and lyrica in my drawer.

I've been clean off of benzos/"real" opiates for 6 months now, and I know a simple vicodin and a bit of valium can launch you right back in to psychological addiction, since tolerance went down. Should I flush them? Should I hold on to them to test my self control? I've had a bottle of codeine/prometh syrup in my drawer for months now, although I do think about taking it sometimes, I always rationally counter my justifications to take it. Is the human brain that weak to addiction?
By having it in my drawer (hydro for a future injury, or valium just in case for psychedelics), am I putting myself at risk for playing with fire? I have Kratom/Tramadol for pain, but I don't even take Tram anymore, and i'm on a tiny daily dose of Kratom (tapered to 0.5g today).

PS - my habit was small, 80-90mg hydro and 40mg valium daily for 6 months before a 2 month taper.

Personally, I'd hold on to them. But that's me. Since you're only 6 months sober, I'd say give them to a friend. Or if you believe you have the self control to do so, save them for a rainy day. Just don't justify it's use for a day when it's not needed.

If you hold onto them, then the issue's not really resolved. If you take them, you'll probably want to take more or take something stronger (you know how that goes...)

I'd flush them. Then there would be nothing more to think about. They'd be gone, bye... problem solved.

I've been clean off of benzos/"real" opiates for 6 months now, and I know a simple vicodin and a bit of valium can launch you right back in to psychological addiction
I've been clean off of benzos/"real" opiates for 6 months now, and I know a simple vicodin and a bit of valium can launch you right back in to psychological addiction

Ok, so how many more times do you have to read what you just wrote. You alreay know what to do with them!

Leaping Gnome

Should I flush them? Probably.

Should I hold on to them to test my self control? Probably not.

I've had a bottle of codeine/prometh syrup in my drawer for months now, although I do think about taking it sometimes, I always rationally counter my justifications to take it. Is the human brain that weak to addiction? Yes.

By having it in my drawer (hydro for a future injury, or valium just in case for psychedelics), am I putting myself at risk for playing with fire? Very likely, but if you lack the stressors in your lifew to use it thewn it's unlikely you'll do so. But when you do get stressed and resort to drug abuse it's incredibly likely you'll relapse.

I'm going to close this thread now because I think this has been answered, and I know this question has been answered before. ("I was addicted once, can I use again?" - Not likely.)

Status
Not open for further replies.