Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Fingerprint scanner can detect drugs in sweat

edgarshade

Bluelighter
The Register

By Iain Thomson in San Francisco
Posted in Policing, 11th November 2011 19:30 GMT

A prototype fingerprint scanner has been developed that can detect the presence of opiates, cannabis, or cocaine in the sweat on a user's fingertip.

The device uses special cartridges to take a fingerprint, which are then processed using both chemical testing and a unique photo scanning system. This takes a high resolution image of the fingerprint and its residue, so that the output from individual sweat pores can be measured.

If the device takes off, it will make travelling in certain locales quite risky, since some countries – notably Dubai – have such strict anti-drug laws that even having drugs in your bloodstream counts as importation.

More...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/11/fingerprint_scanner_drug_sweat/

That is crazy. Every drug user's worst fear, I would say.
I wonder how long after ingestion it will be able to pick up on various drugs.

The testing mechanism is sensitive enough to pick up substances with a molecular weight of between 100 and 600, and initially the team is focusing on illegal drug detection. Looking forward, however, it would be possible to use the scanner for detecting hormonal markers, opening up a variety of medical uses from detecting pregnancy to early-onset cancer.

Good thing they are leaving the medical uses, which might actually help people, until after they perfect the drug-testing uses, which will help the tobacco, alcohol, pharmaceutical, and prison industries. :|

Why in all fuck of tits of Mazzaroth are they still making new drug tests? This costs probably thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. You could buy literally 50,000 piss test strips for as much as one of these.

We live in the future.

Why in all fuck of tits of Mazzaroth are they still making new drug tests? This costs probably thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. You could buy literally 50,000 piss test strips for as much as one of these.

There is a huge amount of profit potential for less invasive drug tests. I don't think it gets much less invasive than a fingerprint scanner.

I can imagine them installing one if every single jail since they fingerprint every inmate anyway.

Good thing they are leaving the medical uses, which might actually help people, until after they perfect the drug-testing uses, which will help the tobacco, alcohol, pharmaceutical, and prison industries.

Capitalism at its finest.

Last edited:
This device was developed by an evil evil man... Its no business as what substances ones chooses to take whether they be legal or illegal!