• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fatal Overdose Hydromorphone.

Cloudsurfer

Greenlighter
For someone that has a very modest tolerance to opiates (6-8 mg snorted to get them nodding) how much hydromorphone would it take to flat out die from it? Lets say they plugged 100mg of hydromorphone, would they survive the night? My friend is sometimes careless with his drug use so I need to know this just in case he goes overboard again.

Cant you go over and stay with your friend to make sure hes safe? or inform someone he lives with? dosage, like all drugs, will vary from person to person, but I suggest you (if you can) or someone he lives with keeps a close eye on him...

Clodsurfer,

To give you some idea the strengths of one drug compared to another, check out an on-line drug dose conversion chart. I've read there is one here on Blue Light, or it was links to them. Try the search.

But as, Wooger said, "like all drugs, will vary from person to person." So doing the conversion doesn't mean it's going to be 100% safe, but it will give you some guide lines to follow.

Leaping Gnome

In the UK they have piloted giving out Naloxone to opiate users so friends or family can use if the person goes over, apparently it was shown to be successfuk.