Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Basildon man grew illegal drugs for ‘suicide’ headaches

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Echo

6:00am Thursday 10th November 2011

Andrea Collitt

With reader comments

A MAN who grew more than 130 cannabis plants to try to combat his intense headaches has been jailed. Peter Fletcher, 39, of Lincoln Road, Basildon, suffers the neurological condition known as “cluster” or “suicide” headaches. He set up an unsophisticated cannabis operation at a rural three-bedroomed detached house in Gosfield, near Braintree, where he cultivated 136 plants. Gary Ryan, mitigating, said Fletcher suffered from a brain condition and has been a cannabis user since he was 13 years old.

Sentencing, Judge David Turner QC told Chelmsford Crown Court: “This was a significant production operation. You, Mr Fletcher, knew what the consequences would be. “I accept you were doing this for your own use, you were producing this to self medicate and were not involved in making a profit or supplying to others. “Mr Benson, you were foolish enough to help out a friend.”

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/9353823.Basildon_man_grew_illegal_drugs_for____suicide____headaches/

i would totally grow opium for my headaches! fuck the pharmaceutical companies. Problem is i'd tots get arrested lolz

Tsk. Should have been growing shrooms for cluster headaches… ;)