• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Buprenorphine not for wd - worth it?

Limitbreaker

Bluelighter
Hey, I've recently been informed I could get my hand on some buprenorphine (without naloxone) in, imo, pretty low price.

Now I'm asking, is it worth it? What's the dosage? I don't have access to any other stronger opioids than Tramadol, so is it worth it? I liked codeine, though, it was very short lived. And it's much more expensive when you consider how weak it is.

I'm having suicidal thoughts few days in a month, and I've heard bupe can work with that. They're not strong, I manage it, but I just hate those lethargy days.

Sorry if that kind of threads isn't allowed. I believe it is.

Well, I am not going to recommend using buprenorphine as anti-depressant without previous history of opiate addiction, but I will say that is a good anti-depressant, because it is an opioid. If your depression is that bad, you might want to see a psychiatrist, but in all honesty they're probably gonna throw a bunch of psych meds at you that really aren't so healthy, some could work for you, some couldn't. Personally, I don't think it is wrong to self-medicate, as long as you know what you are doing. Buprenorphine is very addictive, if you stop it there will be wd's, it is an opioid, albeit a slightly different one. I don't know if you have a tolerance to opioids, or if you are dependant, but to the opiate-naive I would recommend no more than 0.5 mg per dose (that is a quarter of a 2 mg Subutex/Suboxone). It should be taken under the tongue, usually once daily in the morning.

bupe is a great opiate to use recreationally IMO. but most people disagree with me

In my experience, my friends who have taken my suboxone for fun have not had good results. They didnt get any euphoria and basically were throwing up quite a bit from it.

I cannot take it for recreational use because my tolerance is so high. I was scripted 24 mg a day and that didnt give me any effects what so ever. Which is why I am on methadone now.

If you want to try though, like Alex said, start with .5 mg, maybe 1 mg, NO HIGHER! Any higher and you risk overdose and / or being sick for an entire day.

Yeah, I've got basically no tolerance. There have been times when I've been using codeine in one time per week basis AT MOST. And that was long, long time ago.

I guess I'll give it a try. Can get 40mg for about 14$.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've got basically no tolerance. There have been times when I've been using codeine in one time per week basis AT MOST. And that was long, long time ago.

I guess I'll give it a try. Can get 40mg for about 14$.

Thanks!

Just be very careful with your dose if you have little-to-no opiate or opioid experience. Don't take more than 1mg your first time, if after three hours or so you feel that it's too low then take another 1mg, but unless you want to be puking and slipping in and out of consciousness all day then don't take more than 2mg. Some people would say even that is too much for someone with no tolerance. The first time I took Suboxone I had a slight opiate tolerance and 2mg had me puking but feeling good.

I guess bupe will have to wait, morphine connection came out of nowhere.

Thanks for answers though. I wish I won't ever need Bupe for wd off anything...

If you have any opiate tolerence at all bupe will not touch you. I would not bother to be honest, addiction is not fun and thats the road you are going down when you are looking for a high from this type of thing.

darkinthepark, I disagree with you, if you have a low opioid tolerance, say taking 3 hydrocodones to get high, buprenorphine will get you skyrocketed. Even if your just using heroin on and off (like i was when I first tried suboxone years ago) I got stoned off bupe. basically if you can still get high off of codeine than you will almost definately be able to get high off buprenorphine.

For those doing a bundle a day that's another story. Beware though bupe is more stimulating than most opioids.

I love bupe recreationally myself, as long as it dosed right. I have a high tolerance for opioids, but with bupe I don't usually dose over 4mg, 6mg I've taken at most. When I insufflated it, it gave me a long lasting powerful opioid high, but the next morning I had a raging headache and nausea for half the day. Sublingually is my preference, don't get the hangover with it like insufflation did for me. IME it synergizes well with tramadol btw

Report of a zero tolerance user

I just tried buprenorphine (temgesic) recently at 0.4 mg (0.2 rectal, 0.2 insufflated). I have zero opiate tolerance, but have sparingly used hydro/oxycodone, morphine, pods, hydromorphone, demerol, fentanyl, methadone, and tramadol in the past. It was really enjoyable. With the insufflated route I was surprised to find it personally beat out all of these but hydromorphone, oxycodone, and methadone in terms of euphoria (really not that far behind the latter two at all). I tend not to dose that high with opiates though, instead preferring the more lucid pre-nodding effects (usually combined with other drugs classes to enhance euphoria), and so I'm saying that for me the euphoria was superior to these others at this shallow, up and active, end of the pond. It was far superior most all of these drugs for its duration. There was maybe 12 hours of fairly strong effects, though halfway through I used 30 mg methoxetamine rectally in two 15 mg doses and 30 mg 4-FMA, which may have influenced things -- I also took 4 mg ondansetron ahead of time in case it caused nausea for me. I was also drinking more towards the end. I'm judging the bupe based on the experience prior to dosing these drugs (the addition of the latter drugs improved the euphoria even more, of course). I think aMT would be a great combo drug with it at low doses, though I've read about bupe's mild serotonin releasing properties, so I'd tread with caution (there's a case report of serotonin syndrome from bupe's combination with tricyclic anti-depressants).

I started with just 0.2 mg rectal bupe and a small mixed drink (I almost always use small amounts of alcohol to enhance opiates). After 30 minutes or so of not feeling much I insufflated another 0.2 mg (I had resolved to do no more than 0.4 mg total for the first time no matter what). I started feeling the effects about 10 minutes after the second dose. For about an hour there was nothing but stimulation and not much euphoria. But between 1.5 and 2 hours in it finally developed the warm euphoric noncommittal character that makes opiates so easy to abuse. This long onset makes it unique among the opiates I've tried, and is something to bear in mind. I was on the verge of nodding out starting at about 3 hours in, so I took methoxetamine and 4-FMA around hours 4 and 5 to keep from falling asleep and missing the fun.

The duration will keep me from using it during the work week, so hopefully it'll stay fresh like this. I can see why in Sweden it surpasses the use of ecstasy, GHB, and cocaine (see the wiki page). Part of that is ease of availability compared to other drugs of course, but it's obviously a good high to get that position, too. Sweden is always ahead of the curve, it seems. I think buprenorphine isn't that popular elsewhere because most of the people reporting on its effects are addicts, but the personal experiences of the already addicted and chemically imbalanced are a terrible source of information for judging the recreational potential of any drug. I doubt I'll go over 0.6 mg, ever (I think I'd just fall asleep). I have a lowish tolerance for opiates in general (even compared to the opiate naive), though. Recommendations around various forums that say the non-tolerant should not use more than 1 mg for their first time are sound advice. I can also see how the "with bupe less is more" credo might make a lot of sense. To my mind, these qualities together, along with its partial agonist status, make bupe a good "harm reduction" recreational opioid choice for non-tolerant drug dabblers.

Last edited:
I slamed the last weekend 0.5 bup with 7.5 midazolam. As good as a bag of dope, and more cheap too.

if you have low tolerance this is a terrible idea and will make you totally sick. if you have high tolerance, you're going to stave off WDs--which can be a life saver--but not much action past that. there's a sweet spot in the middle of those two poles where bupe can give a nice nod.

i wouldn't recommend more than 0.5 mg. 0.2 would be better - buprenorphine is surprisingly potent. maybe not if you have a massive dope habit, but opiate naive people don't need anywhere near 1 mg if you ask me.
advising more than that is just irresponsible. may not be life threatening, but likely to make you very ill.

With your low tolerance being able to get high off codein I think bupe will be fantastic for you. If you want to be able to keep getting high on, KEEP YOUR DOSES LOW. Dose less than 1mg sublingually.. I say .5mg no more. You will prob feel fucking great. If you are shooting even less like .1mg

Once you start doing big amounts, like 2mg -4mg the magic goes away. If you keep it low itll be like getting a permanent blow job

Both times I let non-junky friends have one of my suboxone pills they were sick for days. Throwing up and severely constipated. These were both people who very much enjoy the occasional opiate painkiller so maybe their body chemistries are just like yours. Seriously you might want to take a pass on the bupe. ms4104 is probably right about the dose, but beware that you could just as easily regret it like my friends did.

Yo I will 100% guarantee what Sleep and Fall said is right. If you can even convince them to only take a 1/4 or less chances are that will still be too much. Ther really need to go .5mg or less if they have no tolerance which is seriously not much.. Best thing is to use 2mg pills and take a half of a half.

I have seen it happen first hand.. they are like yo I can handle it and take like hafl a pill and throw up sick fucking 12 hours straight. Luckiyl its hard to actually die.. you just get reall ybad nausea and shit. But if a nice low dose is taken they will have a great time.

Dont forget bupe has a really long halflife.. so if you "over dose" per say, you will be throwing up fucking a long time. Better off under dosing and just titrating up until your tits are titillating