• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Regenerating Cartilage

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
Is joint cartilage something that can be regenerated? Is it something that the body can grow back if you tell it to? Are there any herbs, supplements, exercises, stretches, psychedelics, ANYTHING, that one could do to repair patches of lost cartilage in one's joints?

51 views and no replies.... hmmmmmm... I guess people don't want to give me "no" for an answer. If you recommend any supplements, like collagen or something, please give studies to back it up--is there proof that ingesting molecules that make up cartilage actually helps repair it? Does the substance travel from the digestive tract to the joint?

Sorry, not really, no. Connective tissue injuries are all but permanent. I haven't seen anything that has convinced me that taking glucosamine, chondritin, or what have you will help; I have a mild MCL injury (just overstretched at this point) in my left knee and fairly severe fasciitis in both feet. My treatment has been involving supporting the damaged ligament and over-stretched fascia with muscles, but that's quite tough as it means that I'm basically re-teaching myself to walk.

If you find anything, do share it!

juicy Q

there are many ways to lube your joints man.
Turmeric is one.
Ghee is another, Saffron does too, these are maybe the best ways including "yoga" to keep real and through preventative maintenance alive.

"juicy Q"?

Where can I find real ghee?

I'm using lots of turmeric.

Might Tai Chi help?

tai chi? yeah!

that would be amazing. that surely is Yoga, and "yoga" does fortify the joints. with Turmeric are you consuming fats along with it? Walnut oil is 10.5G Poly Fats 1.5 Mono, where as Olive oil is 1.5 or so Poly Fats and 10.5 Mono, so Walnut oil will help spread out the stuff to do its job via fat more 'evenly', you can investigate the Poly Fat make up of different foods, like Avocado for instance....fat and mucus is what will lubricate, and Ghee is pure aka Clarified Butter, it is very easy to make...;-) i havent tried but if you cared to.

cooking with Ghee is much better then "butter" because your stove top probably doesnt get hot enough to burn it, and turn it into trans fats, it will also spread out and last longer in dishes. with fish this is primO. Ghee is at most grocery stores, it isnt cheap, $6-7 for half a pound maybe, but that should last a couple of months. i like putting maybe 1 tsp in with tea...freaking good like that with honey. mmm orange, liquorish, black-pepper, honey, ghee, hash oil. tai chi. oh yeah im ready already.

Ghee, Honey and on a baked Apple...with crumbled Almonds.
^that is some serious medicine right there.

10 oz water
3oz cream
2 tbsp turmeric(not very much i know but i drink it)
.5-1 tbsp sweet paprika
thyme
celery seed
2 tbsp ghee
15 saffron pistols
start throwing in broccoli and what ever else, but ive never had such consistently good broccoli this way.
maybe try Scallops in there, with some angel-hair pasta half cooked.

;)

Last edited: