• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

10mg oxycontin for sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanegg

Bluelighter
My friend has some of these lying around, I suffer from sleep problems and was wondering if they'd be anygood?

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not really a sleep drug, They're desirable pills for sure, just generally for people who are trying to feel good while awake...

-> BDD

They can help you sleep... but that is NOT a good use for it lol

I personally could never sleep on oxy, kept me up all night. Better to avoid using opiates for this sort of thing though. Have you tried any other remedies? There are several good herbal supplements, and if not that, stuff like melatonin can help. Always better to avoid relying on drugs for sleep though, as it's gonna make your insomnia worse when you eventually stop taking them.

TO BE HONEST

depends who u are
Oxy can make u want to stay awake (once i went on a 48-60 hour oxy clonazepam binge... LOL)

or it can help sleep

but either way, its not really a great use for it

TO BE HONEST

depends who u are
Oxy can make u want to stay awake (once i went on a 48-60 hour oxy clonazepam binge... LOL)

or it can help sleep

but either way, its not really a great use for it

Too true, for anyone else wanting to experiment with this, it all depends on the person.
For me, oxycodone makes me want to be active, I find if I stop I get a headache, stomache pain and lethargic sometimes, so to keep the euphoric aspect I keep myself active.
(I've only used about 20 times or so, with many different dosages)

No hope in hell I could sleep on them.

As others have mentioned, it has the tendency to be more stimulating than most other opiates; I've got little to no opiate tolerance and 25mg has me in a deep nod for a few hours, but I never once actually fell asleep.

are you just suffering no sleep for insomnia? there are other meds for that. oxycodone is primarily used for pain relief. I have known some people to take a small dose to sleep but usually with a valium so i assume it's for pain reasons through the night and valium to help sleep. IMO i would take it early and it sometimes makes you tired later. Each person is different. Stay safe!

Oxycodone is one of the most stimulating opiates out there. I really don't think recommending taking any opiate for sleep is good advice. There are many other drug and non-drug options for you to look into.

Good luck!

yeah like some others have said it would actually keep me awake instead of making me go to sleep.

oxycodone makes me really tired. i would give it a try. but be safe and dont over do it.

As there has been plenty of advice here and the OP hasn't returned I am going to close this.

I wouldn't advise using opioids for sleep for many reasons (addiction, tolerance, ineffectiveness) and especially a generally fairly stimulating one but each to their own. Be careful though :)

Any questions shoot me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.