• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

riptaz

Bluelighter
Hi

Does anybody know how I should take Kratom, I've tried just mixing a tea spoon in with a quarter of a pint of cold water and it tastes horrible and I don't get any effect from it.

What am I doing Wrong ?

Any advise would be appriciated.

Thanks

Toss n wash it. Don't mix it with water, but rather, heap a spoonful in your mouth, then quickly swallow it down with some juice.

Depending on the type of kratom, you're gonna have to eat at least 5-10g to get any effect.

There are a few methods of going about it. Most people prefer the simplicity of toss-n-wash. Which is exactly what it sounds like, tossing a spoonful in your mouth and washing it down as quickly as possible.

I myself prefer making tea if I have the time. It's pretty easy if you just use press-your-own tea bags. Fill some up with 3-6g of kratom powder (1-2tsp) each, drop in 2 cups of water mixed with lemon juice (acidity extracts more alkaloids). Heat it with low temps for approx. 20 mins. When it's done, cool a little and drink it down. You can sweeten it with honey, sugar, and the like. I prefer honey.

Some people mix it with something like yogurt or applesauce, others make little dough kratom balls and eat those. Some people encapsulate the leaf. Some make tinctures. Lots of way to use it, get creative.

I recommend reading The Kratom Thread located in our Other Drugs forum. Myself and others have posted several methods and recipes for Kratom there. You should direct any other questions you may have to that thread, I think you'll get more answers to your questions.

Tripman, the User Guide link you provided is dated information. The dosages are also way off. Just thought I should mention it, hope that didn't come off the wrong way. Also the other link you posted is broken. :p

Last edited:
I buy the Kratom capsules myself. No mess, and convenient. I'm pretty sure that Kratom has a ceiling effect, so I don't think there is a lethal dose, but I could be wrong . A 6gram dose to me feels like ~30-40mg of hydrocodone. It's neat stuff and easy to get where I live. You might just need to take a larger dose, OR you may have acquired some bogus kratom. Try to get it from a reputable source .

Aha, that's a good idea from nsauce too. Gel caps are ridiculously cheap (1000 gelcaps shouldn't cost you more than 10£/15$).

well, i am kinda sensitive to the "taste" of kratom too.

i did it like toss n wash for the first times, but after that i just couldnt take it anymore, i was about to throw up only because of its smell.
so i went for capsules.

some ppl think its stupid to take like 15 caps, but in my opinion its the easiest way if you cant stand the taste.
im using 00-size caps, and one capsule amounts to 700mg of kratom.

it slows down the liberation, of course.