• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Extended Realease Dihydrocodeine

bongbongbong

Bluelighter
Hi guys it's been a while since i posted on here but i thought i would try and find some help.
I recently got the 60mg extended release DHC's by Napp on repeat prescription. My question is what is the most efficient way of beating the time release? They work fine when i chew them up, however, i don't think I can Stomach the bitter taste and bits getting stuck in my teeth anymore.
Last night i crushed up about 600mg and bombed the powder in rizla, however, it didn't hit me at all really, especially not nearly as much as chewing. Has anyone got any suggestions or experience with this?
Thanks
Jack

Bongbongbong, I'd try and crush in down into a fine powder and mix in cola or fruit juice then bolt it down. It may be a question of tolerance, do you normally take stronger stuff. DHC is generally considered a rather 'light weight' opiate, though stronger than Codeine or Tramadol. You could take a potentiator such as Hydroxyzine or a Benzo (be careful with that later).

Dihydrocodeine XR is very difficult to beat the time release. I once crushed it up as fine as I could & let it sit in carbonated seltzer water over night. Its the only drug that wont dissolve over night, unlike oxycodone or morphine. Still gets you high & gives you pain relief but its not as good as the other pain meds imo.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/482759-Slow-release-DHC?p=9936254#post9936254 ... about defeating time release.

I'm still trying to beat/perfect the time release as much as possible. Crushing with a pill grinder, then rubbing/crushing with the back of a spoon will get it all waxy and stuck to the surface (I use something glossy to do this on like a chinese takeaway leaflet), if you get a card and scrape it up you will have quite fine powder which you can just pour into your mouth and chase or pour into a solution. A more effective method is to combine a powder to crush with (bicarb seems the standard) the theory of this is that the DHC gets stuck to the powder and not the wax matrix which is in the entire pill. Also adding bicarb etc to it makes it easier to grind into fine powder which is quite hard without time consuming methods.

If you have a weed grinder your not too concerned about... these can be helpful crushing/mixing just make sure it doesn't have a pollen catcher and clean it out before grinding weed!

I normally us ethe back of a spoon after grinding to get it completely powdered.

Last edited:
I posted this in the other thread but will post here again to see if I can get a better answer.

How much bicarb would you use for 6 120mg xr pills? I'm using half a teaspoon maybe a little more...abit concerned with taking too much, is taking bicarb daily bad?

It seems hit and miss with the XR's and really want to get the best method of preparation. One day I barley feel opiated off 800mg odd then other times lower doses seem to hit me more. I got a great nod the other day after 6, 120mgs crushed very finely with bicarb.

What other powder could I use? I was using Movical/Norgine...a laxative... It contains macrogol (polyethylene glycol) 3350, along with sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride and potassium chloride (in smaller doses) I thought this would be a good idea as the recommended dosage could do several preparations and also take care of the constipation.

It seemed to work great..pouring mixture of dhc and movical into a shot glass, everything dissolved into the solution whereas when using other methods the dhc tablets tend to stick to the sides. I started to wonder whether or not the movical was reducing the effects of the DHC seeing as how it passes through the gut without being absorbed into the body and also retaining the water it was taken with to retain in the bowel.

I understand the point of adding powder is to get the dhc to stick to it instead of the wax.,but does the wax not rebind when added in solution? Others say the reason is so that the powder can be crushed more finely thus beating the time release....I can get the dhc to fine powder with effort so would adding another powder be necessary?

The was can be defeated by hot drinks so I normally drink a coffee after dosing but wouldn't want to put too hot water straight onto the dhc in fear it would lose potency. On the other hand codeine/dhc are soluble in cold water.

Gah I know I'm making a big deal outta this but I need to know the most efficient, safe way as I dose daily but the strength allways differs from not feeling much to nodding out (rarely). I take it on an empty stomach so its not that. I do have tolerance but effects differ so much!

Can anyone give further insight?