• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate Tolerance?

lightitup

Bluelighter
I have tried to research it, but haven't been able to find much concerning ex-heroin addicts and prescriptions. I have a 30mg Oxy lying around, but never took it back in the day because it wouldn't have made me well for a split second. I was on suboxone for 100+ days, then quit over a week ago (was on <.5mg daily).

My questions are, how long would I want to wait to get a good buzz off of that 30mg? Will I even be able to catch one with my old habit? Would it be dangerous to take the full dose, because I used to get fucked up on 10mg of oxy?

Lightitup,

I don't think anyone can give you a 100% will it be safe for you here...even with a cradle to the grave drug history.

But if it were me, I'd take the whole thing. I wouldn't like the new me waking up and not heading for the dope to start my day. Then a few minutes later start planning/worrying about the rest of the day where/how the next dose will come. Being sober and free of the chain really sucks! All of those wonderful fun filled days going through what I just went through to get sober, then only 30 itty bitty little mg's away from starting it up all over again. Addiction is GREAT!!! With a play on words I call myself an ex-addict and I can slip on through this time. Ex-addict hell…I’m an addict, just without anything in my system at the moment. Maybe this time it will work, so here's how I do it. Shit, maybe this time I won't be able kick it...oh well, what the fuck, my life is worth that 30mg's and a couple of hours of being in “MY REALITY.”

Lightitup, not trying to be an ass here, but give it some REAL thought if that little 30mg's is worth it? You just went through 100+ days/nights getting where you’re at, and you are already willing to give it up with no guarantees you will kick it this time. Sure, 30mg’s isn’t going to hook you again, but will it stop with just this one last time all over again for the 1,000th time of just this one last time?

Man, I know it’s none of my business, but I sure wouldn’t want to do what you just did and take a chance with 30mg’s that it isn’t going to start it up all over once again!!! If it’s for real pain, that’s one thing…but if it’s for what it sounds like you’re wanting, is it worth it????

Anyway, good luck,
Leaping Gnome

Also, you have no idea where you're tolerance is right now. Depending on the person, tolerance drops at varying rates. That, plus the fact you used to get high off 10mg makes me think that if you take any (which you shouldn't do; the guy above me outlined the reasons you have to not do it) you shouldn't take any more than 5 to 10mg to start with until you know how much your current tolerance can handle.

I appreciate the input guys. I have had the pill for over the hundred days, and I know what a choice it would be to use it again. I could go grab a bag of dope if I wanted, I choose not to. I have chosen up until this point not to use the 30. I still have not fully chosen to use the 30, I asked this last night and it still lays. However, in the event that I ever did use, I would want to know where my tolerance lies and how careful I need to be.

Thanks all for the help! Who knows when I will eat the thing, or do any other opiate for that matter. At least I know a little bit more about how to be safe if I ever did make that choice. I know that for me, 1 is too many, 1000 never enough, but that doesn't make me perfect. :\ I can't sit here and guarantee myself I will never touch another opiate, each day is a little battle. And if anyone has any more information of the way tolerance works from HIGH AS FUCK to zero, that would be helpful still!

PS: I did chuckle a bit at the post two above. I dunno if I understood it right but "eat the whole 30, that way you will be all fucked up and not give a fuck about relapsing" was quite good ;)

LOL somebody has atteneded some NA meetings ....oh the constant struggle FUCK

If you don't know where your tolerance is, assume it's low.

.5mg bupe is not a lot, your tolerance iosn't gonna be through the roof. 10mg oxy is a good starting point.

You should at the very least split the pill in half and work your way up.