• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Taking Klonopin after being dependent upon it and withdrawing.

Greenies

Greenlighter
I was addicted to Klonopin a few months back. I had to go through an Ativan taper to get off successfully, after many failed attempts at a cold turkey w/d. I was addicted for around 10 months. It took me a month to complete the taper. It has been approximately 3 months since the last time I took any Klonopin, and 2 months since I took Ativan. I was wondering if it would be safe to take a 2 mg Klonopin pill. I would like to be able to enjoy a benzo every now and then without having w/d symptoms. I am not sure if this would somehow throw me back into the w/d, given how long the half life is and how long it took me to w/d. I just want to make sure that I never have to go through benzodiazepine w/d again. Thank you all for your time.

Its not a good idea. I've been through benzo withdrawal. Worst part of my life...and it continues to cause issues for me. Tolerance and withdrawals can be reactivated by taking random doses here and there. Are you having any withdrawals currently?

Thank you for the quick reply. No, I am not currently experiencing any withdrawals. It has been over a month and a half since I felt any withdrawal symptoms. Since that time I have felt as though I am back to normal. However, the withdrawal was horrific, and that is why I want to make sure that I don't experience more withdrawal symptoms from taking any. Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it.

No, you will not get withdrawals from taking only one 2 mg pill after not using for three months. You might find that your tolerance is higher than you expected it to be, though.