• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Pieces (used)

txchick007

Bluelighter
I have been cruising the boards here, and searching for some answers on used Fentanyl patches for quite some time. I have a unique question that I have not found an answer for.

I had five 75mcg Fent patches, and used them (in my cheek/gum - never worn on skin). Once I felt that most of the medicine had been used, I chewed on them lightly. Five patches lasted me quite awhile, and provided much-needed pain relief and euphoria.

I now have a fairly large pile of used Fent strips. They are pretty "chewed up" and as I said, I used them in my cheeks/gums, and I no longer "feel" the effects.

Are these pieces garbage now - or can I swallow them? (ensuring that I get the last bits of medicine?) Smoking is not an option, and these are not gel anyhow. They are the Mylan "sticker" type.

I simply cannot bring myself to throw away such a large amount of used Fent pieces, not knowing for sure if I got everything from them :) Please let me know what you would do if you had 5 patches left over, cut in pieces - and had already gummed/sucked on them.

Thank you in advance, and I apologize if my question seems silly.

Swallowing them might not be a good idea - just imagine having to shit out all that plastic :p

What you could try is boiling the used patches in some water and lemon juice, and then either drinking that or holding it sublingual. Problem is that it'll be very hard to dose it properly, and you could easily underestimate the quantity of fent still in the patch.

Man, do I miss the days of getting free fentanyl patches from this kid I knew who stole them from his mom. (lol) but when we ever did them never did we stick them to our lip or anything we just used our teeth and pulled all the gel off. it really doesn't take long and I think their is always some fetanyl in the gel. I chewed on a piece for like an hour (it was probally around 30-50mg) Was twisted when I go home took it out and put it in a celephan. chewed on it before work the next day and at work in the morning atleast was bent for half the day also... there is allot more in the gell than ya think sometime. I dont know if you should eat the plastic but definately get as much gel off as you can.

Swallowing them is not a good idea. Swallowing foreign objects, especially bits of plastic, can be very dangerous because you won't always shit them out. They can get stuck and cause intestinal blockage, and if I recall correctly, can burst your appendix.

Creating a liquid solution by soaking or boiling in water/lemon juice/whatever is not a good idea either in this case because you have no way of knowing exactly how much fentanyl you have on each piece, so you won't be able to determine the dose per unit. How will you know how much of the solution to consume?

Just throw them away. I know that's not what you want to hear, but I dont see what else you could do. The amount of fentanyl left over is probably insignificant anyway. Wouldn't be worth the effort.