• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe in subs and in withdrawal, wtf?

ixy

Bluelighter
I've been on subs for about a year, i take 8mg twice a day. Every now and then i take a little break from the subs but not for more than a day or two.
I got some dope a few days ago, enough for two days, but then i decided to go get more so i did it for four days (i thinks that's the longest break i've taken). I started taking my subs again yesterday, but i'm still in wd, not like complete wd, but i still don't feel that great. I know i didn't quite wait long enough before i took my sub so it made it worse at first, then after a few hours or so it got a little better. I did that once before, where i took the sub too soon, but after an hour or so of feeling like shit, i felt fine.
I tried taking more, i took an extra 12mg yesterday and it did absolutely nothing. Like i said, the subs are obviously doing something, cuz i'm not in total hell, but they usually make me feel completely normal. The only thing i can think to do is take more subs, but if 12mg didn't do anything at all yesterday, i don't think it's gonna do anything now.

In my own experience, If you've taken subs before, you will need much much more for it to initially work again. For example: had taken subs 2x briefly before and then took them again and needed 4 of the 8mg oranges for it to work initially and then just 2mg here and there to maintain it.

If you're taking the subs, try not to take breaks and use. As you've found out, it can put a damper on things.

When I first started subs, it took me 16mg to feel 100% normal, and that was only with a daily habit of ~100mg of oxycodone. But I was able to taper down to 2mg withing a few days, so I agree with the above poster. Don't really know why this happens, maybe some more well versed in its pharmokinetics will reply.

Keep in mind when you are on maintenance and are taking your regular dose of sub on a regular basis you reach and maintain a level of sub in your body that stays fairly consistent due to the half life.

When you take a semi long break from your subs, even four days, that level of buperenorphine that you are used to having in your body starts to drop. After four days you have very little left in your body compared to what your body is used to. So even when you take your normal dose, which would normally maintain that consistent level of bupe in your body, you are really only reaching a fraction of the concentration that your body is used to. It will take a few days to get your body back to having that normal level of bupe.

I have found that it does help to take a little more than normal to try to get those levels up but at the same time I have found that you can’t fix the problem or make yourself feel normal just by taking more.

I hate to say it, but it just takes time, usually 3-5 days to get back to feeling like you did on your subs pre break. Really you just have to pay to play. Suboxone is great, but if your not careful it can become a crutch that just enables you to use when you can. The problem with this is that you find yourself constantly going back and forth between sub and full agonists and it becomes a very painful process that really only makes your addiction worse.

My advice is to just not take breaks, but if you are dead set on using then do your best to keep it to one night, or at least less than 24 hour periods to minimize the loss of the bupe levels in your body.

Let me know if I can help you any more.

doesn't matter how much you take, that first day or 2 your still gonna be feelin sick. if you've been on in a year at least get down to 2mg twice a day cause thats just rediculous