• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How Long Until Opioid Tolerance Drops?

Michael_25

Bluelighter
Would a 14-day break from opioids reduces my tolerance considerably? I ask because I have 25mg of oxycodone left and want to have my tolerance reduced in order to fully enjoy this last bit of oxy. (30mg of oxy with a mild tolerance didn't make me nod.) I'm hoping that a 2-week hiatus will bring my opioid tolerance down. But will it get reduced significantly, or only minimally? Thanks!

It depends on personal physiology, don't expect miracles though.

2 weeks will drop your tolerance but there is no amount of time that will reset your tolerance to zero.
I had 3 week break from 2g of dope/day then IV'd about 5 mg of oxycodone and actually felt it so do you should enjoy what you have.

It depends on personal physiology, don't expect miracles though.

Well put.

Personally, after I quit heroin for good, it took months to a year plus, just to get back to a point where I was very sensitive to opiates again.

Low dose naloxene after a week of no opiates. Kinda iffy I have done it

2 weeks is good tolerance reducer. Be careful u will nod and itch harder

after 9 years of heavy abuse I been sober 7months and my tolerance is still not back to 0. I say never. I mean after being sober for just a month you will get high again but never 0

Your tolerance might drop, but it will come almost back to where it was after about 3 doses of heavy opiates. Having said that, be careful!! Some users OD by doing the same shot that they used to before on their first time again. You could have lost tolerance to respiratory depression effects, so start off slow.

Whats the score with reseting tolerance with a phychological addiction thats the tricky one for me!!!