• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Been Clean off dope for 3 months

Anomaly88

Bluelighter
Quit the h on 4 of july and got on suboxone for about 3 months and started at 4mg and then lowered to 2 then 1 and then quit. Seem too be doing pretty good... I have never been clean this long so with me luck!! I still smoke weed and take the occasional benzo every now and then if i want to get fuct up or drink some alcohol.. But hopefully i'll quit it all soon. I've been alot happier and not as depressed as I was when i was using and the w/d suck. I'm glad im off of it, and i hope i stay off of it so i can have a successful life!

Last edited:
And also how do you guys cope with life when your sober? I find myself rather bored all the time and still small forms of depression, No energy, always tired, groggy.. Will someone answer me jesus christ :\

Congrats. I often get bored too it seems hard to find interesting things to do sometimes. I love reading so either books or research/learning different topics online can keep me occupied forever. If you have friends that you enjoy spending time with that can be quite healing too. It really depends on what you like :)

Yeah... all my friends moved away to college, so i often get pretty lonely and depressed. Smoke alot of weed to help that. Idk its hard going back to reality, hah.

Hehe well reality can mean several things. Just because you think/feel something doesn't mean that it's the only possibility, although it could be. If you feel that getting high is necessary for you right now are there any other actions you'd be willing to take to deal with the depression from a different angle to eventually remove the need of drugs?

And also how do you guys cope with life when your sober? I find myself rather bored all the time and still small forms of depression, No energy, always tired, groggy.. Will someone answer me jesus christ :\

How long ago did you stop taking suboxone?

You went down to 2mg and stopped taking it at that dose?

no i stopped taking it at 1mg. I still got like 3-4 mg's left out of an 8mg sublinginal (s/p)? thing. But i dont need em anymore. And yeah i plan on starting to work out more and eventually cut back on my smoking..

How long were you taking opiate's and how much? The reason I ask is I take roxicodone for a severe back injury and have been want to quit for some time now however after a couple days I literally feel like I'm going to die and can't sleep. I have been taking like 160-200 mg a day for 2 years, didn't start out that high but that's were I am now. What is the best, fastest and safest way to detox with out feeling like that? Please help as this is so extremely depressing and I'm ready to put these things behind me and move on with my life. By the way, I take as prescribed, I don't snort or shoot them up like a lot of people if that helps at all.

You're on the right track Anomaly. The loneliness is tough, but keeping occupied is key to keeping sober. Exercise is great, even just going for long walks can be really invigorating, especially if you can engage with your surroundings. I find that having a camera with me helps to do that, but really, just observing is great too.

Did you have any favourite activities from before your addiction that you can perhaps try to get back into?

For boredom, I recommend video games. Stuff like WoW is designed to waste time^

Yeah, but games like WoW are also purpose-built to generate compulsive playing. For someone with addictive tendencies, a game like that might not be the best choice. And this is coming from someone who played pretty heavily for about 4 years.

coping with life sober is tough. i find that spending time with friends, seeking spiritual fullfillment, getting enough exercise, eating well, sleeping enough and engaging yourself in hobbies can all help.

With all due respect, you're not sober.

Why do u say that? I'm not sober off weed... And soon in a couple weeks ill be completely off the suboxone.. I havent even been taking it.

^^most people on opiod maintenance dont consider themselves 'using' and they think they are clean but just wait until you get completely opiod free, then you will truly know what it feels like to be sober..this can be good or bad..

If you haven't been taking the subs then why would you even say "soon I'll be off them too"? That doesn't make a lot of sense people can definitely be sober off a specific drug (while still doing something like pot) but they usually have a date that was their last date of use.

When is your last date of use for the sub? You're either on it or off it or do you mean you're taking it every few days?

Also I don't really give a shit if you're sober that doesn't mean a single thing you head is obviously in the right direction and thats ALL that matters. Plus the slower the process the easier I find it to maintain your new habits. I wouldn't honestly worry about the pot focus on ending that sub use thats the important thing.

For boredom I suggest several things.
For me I own a small treated home studio. I've been making trance, uplifting and hardcore for 9 years now. My most favorite thing in the world to do.

Working out is also a great hobby as well as learning to eat a true bodybuilder diet.

Jerking off is another hobby that never gets boring like the music.

And NA meetings would be an AWSOME hobby to have too you don't need to go to get a sponsor and work the program if you don't want but a couple meetings a night on my most anciest days of the week are vey helpful for me. They help keep me focused on my goals and absolutely help with cravings and depression.

Good luck & stay positive!

I meant im not clean apparantly cause my frined told me it takes like 3 weeks until your body is completely clean off the sub. And yeah i was taking 1mg every two or three days but i just quit like 2 or 3 days back, and i don't plan on taking the rest.

I quit heroin about a month before you did, and had to withdraw since I only had half of an 8mg suboxene, so I'm not on that anymore either. Honestly one of the main reasons I haven't relapsed is that I moved back home and don't have any connects here. When I first came home, I was looking for ANY way to get high. Now that's subsided, although I like coffee and cigarettes too much, probably. If you aren't in school you can enroll or take some sort of class, it helps keep you busy and getting a good grade on a test makes you feel great. Exercise. I know everyone says this, but it really does help, not just for the endorphins and whatnot but because after a few weeks you'll notice that you look better and that makes you feel better. I've been feeling really bored too since before sobriety, being high on dope made sitting around nodding off fun. I'm in the same boat as you, I'm sober but still don't feel like i've totally recovered, but its getting better gradually.

Why do u say that? I'm not sober off weed... And soon in a couple weeks ill be completely off the suboxone.. I havent even been taking it.

I'm not referring to the Suboxone, but to the weed, the benzos, and the alcohol.

But this is entirely your choice. For me, they were all part of the problem.