Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Piano music in "Dear Mr Gacy". Can anyone help me here?

dhcdavid

Ex-Bluelighter
So, as the title of this thread suggests, I'm very interested indeed in discovering who wrote the piano music in the recently released (2010) Canadian film "Dear Mr. Gacy" and what exactly said piano music is. I play the piano and not only is the piano music in the "Dear Mr Gacy" film gorgeous to listen to I'm certain it'd be most satisfying to play too so I'm doubly eager to discover what it is!

And if you're reading this thread and, like me, enjoy watching intelligent films AND enjoy listening to excellent music then I really do recommend "Dear Mr Gacy" to you although I'd urge you to proceed with caution as the film's subject matter - which is, in fact a true story....which just makes the entire film even more astonishing for me - is very dark and certainly not suitable to viewers with a nervous disposition... :\

In fact, with the exception of the 2 or 3 rock/pop songs in the film - which are to be found in the very brief music section of the end credits - I enjoyed the entire score to this film: which alternates between lovely orchestral-type music and even more gorgeous piano music......but to my immense frustration apparently there IS no OST available for "Dear Mr Gacy" and not only is there zero information in the music/score section of the end credits there appears to be zero information on the web either.

I would however recommend this film to anyone with a mature disposition who enjoys intelligent film-making but please be aware that this film deals with a rather disturbing subject - albeit in a non-sensationalist and non-judgmental style which is all too rare in modern film-making in my opinion - and I would strongly recommend researching this film and its subject material on imdb, wikipedia etc. before watching it.

To conclude, I'd be SO grateful if anyone could either tell me what the piano music and its composer are in the Canadian film "Dear Mr. Gacy" or at least point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

theres nothing online but if you have the movie on your computer you could just watch the credits, surely they would list the composer?

not only is there zero information in the music/score section of the end credits there appears to be zero information on the web either.

Mysterie, thanks for your suggestion but as the quote confirms I'd already thought of watching the credits but that was a fruitless mission. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else?