• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film RottenTomatoes WORST of the WORST

AmorRoark

Bluelight Crew
Continuing with my trend of unabashedly absurd affinity toward lists here's another one:

Worst of the Worst 2000-2009 based on their RT reviews... looks like when they put out the next list Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star will be added to it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/

I've only seen two of them: The New Guy and Battlefield Earth (well, only about half of the latter - couldn't handle the whole thing).

Which have you seen? Do you agree with their spots?

Wow. I thought I would have seen more of them than I did.

I saw Half Past Dead, which came in at number 15. I went through a Steven Seagal phase when I was younger, so in 2002, when I was older than younger, but still young, I watched Half Past Dead. I think the main difference from earlier, peak-era Seagal films, is that in this one he was old and fat. And there was more hip hop in the soundtrack. I know you're enticed now...

i've only seen:

88 minutes (i think i wrote a rant about it in the thread)
the celestine prophecy - agreed.
street fighter: the legend of chun li - it wasn't as bad as the van damme/ raul julia classic

I've seen a few of these. I wouldn't have listed movies like Disaster Movie or Epic Movie because they were intentionally bad as they were parodies. If it's intentionally bad it should be left off the list to make room for unintentionally bad films imo.

I lost all respect for RottenTomatoes when "How High" (by Method Man and Redman), received probably one of the worst reviews you can get. Had I based my decision off those squished Tomatoes, I would never have seen this jewel! But yeah, that's my example.

I wouldn't have listed movies like Disaster Movie or Epic Movie because they were intentionally bad as they were parodies. If it's intentionally bad it should be left off the list to make room for unintentionally bad films imo.

They're bad parodies though. I would say there's a measurable difference in quality between the first Scary Movie and the fourth one. So I assume Disaster and Epic Movie are utterly pointless, and so deserve to be on this list.

They're bad parodies though. I would say there's a measurable difference in quality between the first Scary Movie and the fourth one. So I assume Disaster and Epic Movie are utterly pointless, and so deserve to be on this list.

Agreed. Take Airplane! for example. Intentionally bad, and a parody, but a really good movie.

To all the Airplane! fans out there, do check out the ZAZ (writers) cop parody show Police Squad!, which was cancelled after only six episodes. It's a show that demands your attention, so for your average ADHD American drooler most of the humor was lost completely. It has clever wordplay, sight gags, and of course the late great Leslie Nielsen who delivers the jokes impeccably in his trademark deadpan style. There are a few episodes on YouTube and the DVD is available through Netflix. Highly recommended.

edit: sample

Last edited:
I shall check it out.

I fucking love Leslie Nielsen.

all-counting-on-you.jpg

Good luck. We're all counting on you.

Police Squad is brilliant. It's so easy to miss jokes as well, so rewatching them is rewarding as hell.

Reminds me of Adam-12 and the other Jack Webb shows. Except those shows were actually serious. I used to watch Emergency! on a daily basis when they still showed it on TV Land.

Good stuff.

it's no secret i'm a massive fan of kentucky fried movie
<----------------------------------- =D

^ Same here.

I don't think the ranking suggests the critics always think parodies are bad... they just happen to think a lot of them are, to which I agree.

^ Same here.

I don't think the ranking suggests the critics always think parodies are bad... they just happen to think a lot of them are, to which I agree.

oh absolutely, most of it is pure shite. you can really tell from the posters and ads. a good reason we haven't seen any of the parodies in that list.

Whiteout? Are you freaking kidding me? That was one of the better movies I've seen in 5 years, only behind Fast Five and a couple others.

and OK, one missed call wasn't GREAT, but it wasn't terrible.

I have never seen a single one of these films. Some of them I haven't even heard of.

number one: i love lists.
number two: i second max's suggestion to watch police squad.
number tree: i don't think we need lists to know anything that larry the cable guy is going to be in is going to suck.