• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I get anxious in the morning

Wolfmans_BrothEr

Bluelighter
Ever since I can remember I've gotten anxious in the morning. The most noted are my sweaty palms, increased HR, and no matter how much I eat I still feel hungry. It's this feeling of a hole in the pit of my stomach which can be most related to hunger. All these feelings start to subside by 4 or 5:00 and by 8 or 9:00 they're pretty much gone

I've usually dealt with it by taking some deep breaths, smoking weed or just riding it out...but lately it's been getting to me. I've been offered to be rx'd benzos like xanax and kpins but I refuse to take those b.c of how they make me feel and I'm looking for any natural solutions so help with this but out of curiosity has anyone taken seroquel for anxiety? I took it when I was 14 for sleep but don't really know whether it helped with anything else

I've been taking St. Johns & valerian..but no real relief. I'm 21 if that makes a difference...

^^is kratom really THAT effective?.. even to a seasoned opiate user?

I've always considered it but I just chalked it up to a waste of time

I get the same thing! It doesn't happen in the morning but upon waking up - no matter what time it is. I suppose it's close enough to the same thing though, and it didn't start happening to me until I got into opiates. I don't think I experienced it while I was actually taking opiates, but it's possible I just don't remember... I tend to only remember the good times with opiates haha. Mine goes away either with time or when I take my Suboxone. Whichever comes first. I don't know the cause of it, though I would assume it has something to do with the way opiates affect the central nervous system.

But I do know how to make it better :) There's a lot of different things you can do actually:

- You can go the natural supplements route - there are a ton of different herbs that help with anxiety and sedation and the like - there's kratom, kava kava, Valerian root, St. John's Wort, 5-HTP, chamomile, melaton (though that's probably not something for the morning haha), hops, passion flower, lemon balm, etc. Personally I use something called Gaia Melissa Lemon Herbal tincture and it's amazing! I'll mix it with the Valerian root every once in a while too, which makes it even better. And I try to remember to take 5-HTP + St. John's Wort every day. Then again, I also have Xanax, so...
- ... you can go the medication route without taking benzos. Vistaril is one non-benzodiazepine anxiolytic and it works just as well as benzos do, minus the addiction potential and shitty side effects. Plus there's tons of different sedatives, of course. Clonodine works as well, but you should definitely watch it with that stuff... it can pack a punch when it wants to. I took it one day between Sub refills; it knocked me out completely for 12 hours and I can hardly remember anything about that day. It will definitely take your anxiety away, but I definitely also do not recommend it... in the morning or otherwise... unless you really need it for high blood pressure or withdrawals.
- Alternative remedies like acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage therapy, meditation, yoga, etc. Even a chiropractor can help.
- Speaking of aromatherapy, that's another thing I highly recommend for anxiety, especially in the morning. Lavender, sandalwood, and menthol work really well. You can either put it on your pillow, on your skin (diluted a bit with water first though), on your clothes, in the shower, wherever.
- Exercise. Preferably yoga, or some type of light stretching and cardio like a quick half mile run.
- And saving the best for last of course - beverages. Beverages are basically the best thing in the world since they calm you down and taste good at the same time. Stuff like chamomile tea, chai tea, other teas. Sometimes I make my own tea with two capsules of St. John's Wort and a few drops of the Valerian and Melissa Lemon tinctures, using either chamomile or vanilla for the tea bag. I swear by it haha it seriously works wonders! Oh and another thing I swear by are those new relaxation drinks that have been popping up everywhere lately. The ingredients are all natural, stuff like Valerian and kava kava and chamomile and etc., and they taste bombski. Bob Marley's Mellow Mood ftw, I love that drink haha

So yeah, there are basically a million and one different things you can do. Whether it's one of the above or just simple breathing techniques or being conscious of your posture. You can also smoke a bowl. Weed works every single time, without fail. :D

I haven't seen you around in forever by the way Wolfman, how are ya?!

^^well technically you've never seen me ;) I stop by here and there tho...if your trolling my posts you'd see lol

Everything's straight, jus started school last Tuesday and tryin to stay off opiates! Hows things 3000 miles out west? No music video?

^^well technically you've never seen me ;) I stop by here and there tho...if your trolling my posts you'd see lol

Everything's straight, jus started school last Tuesday and tryin to stay off opiates! Hows things 3000 miles out west? No music video?

haha you know what I meant! But yeah I was talking about both on here and other places anywayy. Glad to hear you're doing well :)

And nope, no more music video. Was kind of bumming on it for a while, still am a little bit. But hey, if you're asleep or your phone is dead when the director calls to offer you a role and you don't call back until hours later, that's your own fault. He ended up deciding he wants to use an actual couple instead. I actually think it's a cute concept. But yeah, I'm a little bummed over it, can't complain though... like I said... my fault haha

Other than that and a tiny bit of boy drama though, life is pretty much great!!

^^shit atleast you havent had 2 hurricanes run through your town and it hasnt been raining for like the past month where u live

I am a seasoned opiate user, was a user of heroin for a wee while and poppy pods for years in massive amounts, used to do Codeine alot etc etc etc.

I can safely say that I prefer Kratom to any opiate and not only does it have some fantastic effects, it shouldn't even really be compared to opiates. They are fairly similar, but imo Kratom just feels better for many reasons and has a much more original and varied degree of intoxication, being both stimulating and relaxing, almost like a Life Adaptogen, enhancing anything you are doing, whether it's stitting down relaxing, going for a run or doing weighs, going to work etc, it makes it all thoroughly enjoyable. You may find it shit....but don't write it off without trying it, that makes no sense.

Kratom is the best anti-anxiety medication around, in my hungry opinion. I've gone through thousands and thousands and thousands of pound's worth and tried all the strains around, studied it for years blah blah blah so if you need to know anything at all, let me know.

If you don't wanna rely on something, then go for the freezing cold showers 2 times a day, plentiful sleep (7 to 9 hours for optimum test production), frequent exercise (weight training is infitely better for confidence and wellbeing imo) and meditation coupled with a spotless diet.
Meditation is a fantastic aid, and coupling it with alot of exericse, cold showers, solid sleep and a great diet, you are well on your way and i'd be very surprised if you were still all that anxious.

If you had issues with opiates and are trying to stay off of them then Kratom could be risky as people can become quite dependent on it.

Nothing has worked better for me to deal with the morning anxiety than yoga right away. If I delay it and do something else I'll often skip it for the day. But if I do it immediately I feel calmer and more grounded. Great stuff.

Every morning I wake up, I vomit. I have morning sickness without being pregnant. Since last Thursday I must have thrown up about 15-20 xanax so now I am not going to have enough to last the rest of the month. I have bags in my car in case I can't pull over quick enough. My panic attacks all start the same and 80% of the time I end of blowing chunks. One time I had an panic/aniety attack for 2 hours, I was to the point where I was dry heaving. I meditate and do yoga and I know alot of it has to do with the physical pain I experience then the panic attack makes it worse. My doctors don't have any answers for me other than don't take your xanax until you vomit, but sometimes I am fine for a little bit then it starts all over again. I am going back to acupuncture for my pain but it never helped my anxiety. I think I have to come to terms that I am wound up way too tight and that is just the way it is.

Good Luck.

Every morning I wake up, I vomit. I have morning sickness without being pregnant. Since last Thursday I must have thrown up about 15-20 xanax so now I am not going to have enough to last the rest of the month. I have bags in my car in case I can't pull over quick enough. My panic attacks all start the same and 80% of the time I end of blowing chunks. One time I had an panic/aniety attack for 2 hours, I was to the point where I was dry heaving. I meditate and do yoga and I know alot of it has to do with the physical pain I experience then the panic attack makes it worse. My doctors don't have any answers for me other than don't take your xanax until you vomit, but sometimes I am fine for a little bit then it starts all over again. I am going back to acupuncture for my pain but it never helped my anxiety. I think I have to come to terms that I am wound up way too tight and that is just the way it is.

Good Luck.

I want to hug you so much, but alas we are thousands of miles apart! I have lived like this for most of my life, however I rely on Kratom to rid my anxiety (it used to be alcohol and many other drugs) as it works incredibly.

Have you tried adhering to a strict exercising program? This is one of the most effective anti-anxiety aids, seriously. Weight training is such a great anti-depressant and anxiety-reducer. The chemical benefits from neurotransmitters, enhancement to wellbeing as well as the (stress) release when you hit the gym, and to top it off you look great! You're a female if i recall correctly? Don't worry about "getting too big"....it's very difficult to get "big", and will only occur if you eat a sufficient surplus of calories, you can easily weight train frequently with no real muscle-building.
Yoga and meditation I see you do, and that's great :) Just ensure you stick to it with rigour. Meditation helps massively I find, but only if don regularly and sticking to it.
I used to do Acupuncture and it somewhat helped my anxiety, definitely did help but not exceptional or anything.
Again, I always go on about it, but it's for good reason. A lot of people on these forums suffer anxiety and as I do too, I like to share my research and experiences with those in the same boat, so here's my next tip:
Cold showers. I made a thread on here about it, look it up. Go to Google and search "cold showers benefits" and read into it. It does absolute wonders for anxiety and depression.
SERIOUSLY.
It might be uncomfortable or whatever, but these seemingly innocuous and unrelated events whereby you push your limits can transpire into life and how you react to life in general.
If you shy away from the cold shower, for example, and rather the comforting warmth of a hot shower, then you never have the chance to grow more strong and develop your reactive skills. It really does hold true. If you go "FUck this, it's only a cold shower, I can take this on, I won't be beaten by any god damn thing" and it really sets you up for the day and helps enhance your well-being. SERIOUSLY.
I'm gonna say it despite it's obviousness - but tweak your diet if need be. I always go on about the benefits of a good diet, but it really can make so much difference. Again, I speak from experience.

These tips are tools.
They are helping you build the foundations.
You will tower higher than you ever deemed possible.

All the best.

I never heard that stuff about cold showers, but it makes sense. I usually turn the water really cold and stand there for a few seconds after my shower, and it really does add a sort of energy to your day. The good kind of energy though, not the nervous kind! Good suggestion, for sure!

Tink: Are there any big things you can think of in your life that are extra stressful? Like career, etc. I know when I was in the military, it made my anxiety worse for a while just because of how freaking demanding it all was. I'm a person who likes to be in control - of everything - and when I'm not, I panic. In the military I wasn't in control of my own life at all, other people were. It drove me insane. But then I got out and my anxiety was suddenly gone... or at least if it was there, I didn't notice it.

I'm not saying quit your job (or whatever it is), but there are little changes you can make to big situations to improve things - everything - significantly. Again, good luck dude... I wake up feeling sick to my stomach at times but it goes away within an hour... can't even imagine dealing with it every day, but worse. Seriously hope things get better for ya! :)

Get into meditation, exercise more, avoid excessive caffeine, and eat right. If herb gives you anxiety or panic attacks don't smoke it.

No worries man. I could go on and on and on, but lengthy posts can sometimes be a pain in the ass and whatnot. There's plenty more where that came from!

Take care man

Whatever you do, don't take any benzos, that stuff screws up people's minds in the long term.

This used to happen to me and my doc told me to put the xanax under my tounge and let it disolve. If you can stand the taste I highly recomend this as it dosen't waste your meds. It also hits you much faster and helps when a panic attack is coming on to not continue into full blown chaos. This worked for me anyway. I sincerely hope things get better for you. :\