• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cognitive Function Boosters?

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
I'm currently in the beginning of my freshman year of school. I've been diagnosed in the past with Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder as well as ADD. This is the thing, my add is just awful. I've been on many meds in the past by prescription and none of them worked for a decent amount of time. The amphs worked until I started getting horrible anxiety. I'll also mention that I can be an impatient person. I think this is due to the ADD.

Currently, I have trouble focusing in class as well as focusing on homework and studying. I just tend to want to surf the web or listen to music or just do any random thing that crosses my mind. My thoughts tend to jump around a lot and I'll stop doing something midway just to pick up another task.

If you have questions, ask away and I'll answer.

What sort of things (drugs or otherwise) can you guys recommend that might help me focus, get motivated, etc.?

Piracetam has helped me a lot with this in the past, you might want to give it a go.

Your case sounds much more severe than mine though so Im unsure on how well it would work for you, but seems like it'd be worth a try.

Good luck with your studies!

Edit: Another thing that has really helped me keep focused is making myself a schedule. Might sound kinda stupid but it actually has done wonders for me. Get one of those calendars you pin on the wall, and write down a time slot everyday for x amount of hours and stay disciplined to that...it'll become routine before you know it!

homeless >>> HL

If you are looking more for technical drug information and less about healthy living then let us know.

phosphatidylserine, and acetyl-l-carnitine.
phosphatidylserine is supposed to improve function in a lot of ways. i have used it and found focusing on tasks became much easier and much less of a drag.

herbs to try... possibly rhodiola rosea... really great stuff, if you find the right product for you. I seemed to do well with a gaia herbs extract, but at the time suffered an allergic reaction to something else... ashwaghanda, I think. I started taking them at the same time, just about. That might be another

fish oils. If you're not eating fish, or the oils, you probably aren't getting enough of the other good omega 3s. your body can make it, but not enough. your eyes and brain favor these fats. i can notice the first day i use it a change in mood and vision, after not using it for awhile. i see more. my peripheral vision is better.

a healthy diet. try different health diets like gluten free, or paleolithic diet ("cave-man" diet).

choline. if you can get it, glycerylphosphorylcholine, or Alpha GPC. this has the added benefit of increasing coordination, in ways noticeable. Better fine muscle movements. lecithin is another good source of choline and other good nutrients.

proper inositol levels are good for combatting anxiety.

yogurt/probiotics.

exercise.

deep breathing. meditation.

Vitamin D3, C, E, B vitamins, minerals.

chlorella.

magnesium.

Almonds.

Blueberries.

Coconut oil.

It might be worth looking into supplemental digestive and systemic enzymes, as well.

Last edited:
5-htp
this shit is LEGIT
it helps with sleep, overall mood, controlling hunger cravings
at first i started at 50 mg but 100 mg several times a day works well
also, like above, fish oils, omega threes, lots of lean protein
exercise, i've heard great things about but haven't tested the theory lately
but if your body has used energy then your mind is more ready to in general

Omega 3, Ginkgo, Piracetam, 5-HTP

all those work well.