• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

***Healthy Living is Looking for a New Moderator***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokomo

Ex-Bluelighter
We now require another new and enthusiastic moderator to join us on the Healthy Living mod team!

Your duties as a moderator will be:

* to be an active contributor to the forum; to build forum content; and, add discussion
* check all forum threads for infractions of BLUA and HL posting guidelines, and edit as required
* respond to reports on threads in Healthy Living
* edit, merge, and move threads to appropriate forums as required
* other general forum responsibilities (ambiguous enough for ya?)

Please PM your application to addictivepersona, amapola and dokomo by Friday, September 16th.

In your application, it would be handy to note the following:

* the amount of time you spend on Bluelight each day
* why you want to be a HL moderator and what you feel you could bring to the forum as a moderator.

Thanks, and we look forward to your applications!!

Bumping for interest.

A note to Bluelighters: I apologize for leaving after such a short stay. Life is just far too hectic to moderate properly right now.

Yes yes apply apply!

What better way to spend time in the upcoming cold dark evenings (for northern hemispherers) or those upcoming ummmm even warmer sunny evenings (damn you southern hemispherers).

I applied, yay. Thanks again for directing me here, addictivepersona! I figure even if I don't get it, it's still good to apply. That way I can practice not rambling so much haha :)

Applied... I think it could definitely be a good thing for me.

The apps are all looking good so far--Going to be tough to choose this round!

If you're still deciding, remember that it never hurts to get your toe in the door. :p

Took me three tries. Look where I ended up.

Maybe I'll come back eventually. Gotta get my life in order *coughthatmeansyouapcough* :p.

i think xburtonchic would make a great mod :)

and AP i got ur pm but my comp is lagging and wont open it :|

Hey all just wanted to mention that even if you "know" you aren't going to get it because you are too new, or too offensive, or too unhealthy (for HL that is ;)), applying for a mod position prematurely is a sure fire way to get noticed by staff for all the helpful stuff you do and will make you a much stronger contender in future applications. Hell even if you are a brand new GL member feel free to send us all a PM saying you wish you could be considered this round but to keep an eye out for your aspirant mod actions in the months to come and we definitely shall :D

Hey all just wanted to mention that even if you "know" you aren't going to get it because you are too new, or too offensive, or too unhealthy (for HL that is ;)), applying for a mod position prematurely is a sure fire way to get noticed by staff for all the helpful stuff you do and will make you a much stronger contender in future applications. Hell even if you are a brand new GL member feel free to send us all a PM saying you wish you could be considered this round but to keep an eye out for your aspirant mod actions in the months to come and we definitely shall :D

Only Breatharians' applications are currently being considered. ;)

Tick tock, tick tock--Time is running out! If you've procrastinated, procrastinate no more and get that application in! It doesn't have to be anything elaborate--Even just a couple well-written sentences would suffice. :p

Also, I was kidding about the comment above this one. :)

I hereby apply for Mod.

Thank you.

A4

(If that doesn't win you over I just don't know what will anymore)

Today is the day :) Good luck to everyone!!

Will you guys be choosing today, or is today just when you'll be starting to read through all of the apps? I'm excited to know who got the mod position! Hopefully you announce it on here. I don't know who else applied lol but personally, I think firefighter would be great for it... well, besides myself of course! ;)

Addictivepersona lol we knew you were joking! Do Breatharians even exist in Western culture? I've never heard of anyone who lives by that lifestyle. The closest I've come was reading a book once - I wish I remembered the name - about this guy. Who didn't take medicine or pills of ANY kind, EVER, and only ate certain types of organic foods. A very limited amount. His idea was that there is a natural cure for everything, even AIDS... and that if a person lives well and does all the things he was doing, essentially they don't even need to shower or anything because their body won't produce odors and that they'll never get sick and etc. Even though the entire book had an undertone of believing the government is purposely giving us these things to make us sick (and I'm not much a fan of government conspiracies), it was really interesting. I wish I knew the name!!

eh screw it, I'm just going to start a thread lol. Bet someone on this forum knows what book I'm talking about.

^ We've been reviewing the applications all along. Today's the last day for new applications to be submitted. We typically take a couple days to decide and a few more to promote the applicant to modship.

I have no idea if Breatharians exist in Western culture--I've only heard of them 'cause I had someone say I was one step away from becoming that, so I had to look it up. LOL, my diet is no where NEAR as extreme as them, who eat nothing and subsist on rays of sun. Right. Anyways. :p

Closed and you'll be hearing from us shortly.

(p.s. if I'm mistaken and it is somehow still Sept. the 16th somewhere in the world at 4:30pm (16:30) EST Sept. 17th then let me know and you will still be considered).

Status
Not open for further replies.