• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dilemma due to having 2 docs at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosedog

Bluelighter
I have 1 doctor who prescribes me suboxone. He is my psychiatrist and I see him exclusively for suboxone. I have been on it, and been going to the same pharmacy for the last couple years.

Recently, I was in a car accident and fractured two vertebrae and the spine doctor prescribed me Lortab. I got a call from his nurse saying that my pain medication was ready to be filled at Pharmacy B, which is not the same pharmacy I get my suboxone from. I did not know he prescribed me Lortab, and did not find out until I had already had them filled and purchased. Obviously, I looked at the Lortabs, shrugged and put them away as I can't make any use of them while on suboxone.

Tomorrow, I go to my suboxone Dr. to get my monthly prescription of subs. When I go to pharmacy A, I am afraid they are going to see that I was recently prescribed Lortabs, and that they'll think I was Doctor shopping. I am afraid they will not fill my suboxone.

I literally got the Lortabs filled earlier today. Will the pharmacy where I get subs filled notice this and question me? Will they reject my script? I am very nervous about this, even though there is a reasonable explanation, I am still pretty scared because I cannot go without suboxone. Are my fears justified or am I just paranoid?

I would bring the full bottle of lortabs to your pharmacy just in case. If they do question you, explain your story and prove you haven't been taking the lortabs by showing them the full bottle. I have no idea if that would work, but that's the best advice I can give.

We can't tell you, however they are both legitamite prescriptions so there should be no problem.

You're not going to 2 doctors for treatment of the same issue.

I'm closing this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.