• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Frequency of Hits (Meth Smokers)

Scott.

Greenlighter
I'm just wondering how long people wait between hits/how often they take a hit? For me sometimes I can take a hit and wait anywhere from 10 mins-1 hour before I take another (mostly only when I smoke with someone/or at night when I have the next day off).

But there are times where I'll take a hit, wait like 10-30 seconds then take another because I'll have intense cravings just to do it again and again (hit after hit) and sometimes they seem uncontrollable. Anybody else get that sometimes?

For the meth haters: I'm not a tweaker. I never tweaked. Longest I stayed up for on meth was round 48 hours give or take a few hours and I stayed up longer on other drugs. I usually get 4-6 hours sleep a night and smoke only in the morning before work.

I was always curious, how long does the rush last from smoked/IV meth? I know cocaine the rush is over in 30seconds to 1minute, then you're high for a half hour or less. How does meth compare to this?

I would get rushes from IV meth that lasted at least a good half hour if not longer, the overall effects lasted much longer.

Mmm I really only ever smoked meth besides the first time I did it I snorted it (terrible lol had to go to work too). I plan on starting to take it orally now too. I really don't notice/remember any kind of rush when I smoke it or this could be because I'm still like so freaking high on it lol my mind if fuzzy atm =D

Anyway I think we're getting off topic here? The original question was how frequently/often do you take a Hit when you smoke meth? Do you pack a bowl and finish it off in minutes?

i always smoked in 'sessions' for example my husband and i would load .1 - .2 in the pipe and pass it back and forth until the bowl was gone. that would make about 5 (i can't remember the exact amount - it varied, i guess, i never counted really) hits each the only break we would take from hits would be when the other one was hitting it, so however long that takes. then we wouldn't smoke for 2+ hours. is that what you're asking?

when i smoked by myself i would take about 5ish hits back to back and would begin to feel the rush around the 2nd or 3rd one.. it would last a good half hour sometimes a little more depending on the quality.

Meth is one thing I have never tried. My friend tried it a couple times and said she hated it. said the rush only lasted about 30 mins. and after that she was tired and bored, but couldnt sleep for a couple days, when I saw her she looked like a zombie from being so tired. She snorted it both times she tried it.
I have never been interested in trying it, but I usually wouldnt turn anything down. Except for meth, because of how it made her. Ive known a lot of tweakers and they seems ok on it.
Is it just better smoked, or is this the normal effects meth has on someone that is not use to it?

What did she do after snorting it? Yeah there'll be a strong euphoric push at the beginning, but the high should still be going strong for a few hours. Was she just sitting there, or doing something boring? I find with stimulants you have to be doing something to enjoy yourself, they're not like opiates where you can just sit back and nod the day away.

As for the OP's question. I'll take a hit or two at a time, and generally try to wait an hour or so before hittin' the pipe again. This does vary depending on circumstances.

It really depends. To start off I usually load up a bowl with a straw scoop and puff away til that was finished, then would redose an hour or two after. But even then going out and laying off for 4-6 hours isnt uncommon either. Purely situation based really.

I hate smoking that stuff, but when I use to do it, I would do it non stop. Even smoke the stem and anything else I could [tweakd]

You can smoke a gram in one session and you'll be just as high as you would if you smoked a bowl but for longer. I always find when smoking meth I fiend for it and always kill my sack quickly. That's partly the reason I dislike smoking meth - the craving for one more hit is greater then the high. I prefer snorting or shooting it, it's easier to take a line or shot and say "im cool" until your not high anymore, then you do another. I preserve my shit better when not smoking it. But yeah if you smoke it you should smoke a good amount until your high then smoke a small bowl every other hour or so, thats the best way atleast. I've smokef all my shit at once and came down hard for the next 3 days, try to not do that.

when I was heavy heavy on it I found myself exhaling a hit and immediately inhaling one, it was literally like breathing the stuff. it sneaks up on you how quickly you feel the need to re-dose. Rageius is 100% correct, to a certain point it's just a waste because you get that "ceiling high" like you get smoking bad weed almost. that's why I moved to shooting + smoking, smoking it's just something to do after you do a blast. I could smoke a ball to myself a day easy, socially a 7.

I would normally smoking 3 hits in about 2-3 minutes, then wait 30 to 45 minutes (or sometimes up to an hour) and then take another 3 hits in a row. After about 3 hours of this I would be way fucking high. It seems this pattern worked best for me.

I've only smoked with the same two people and when we do we each take a hit then get distracted talking or doing something for like 10-20 minutes and do two or three more like that then stop for a few hours and do it again til it's gone. I've never really snorted or anything, though.