• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs MDPV + Citalopram = ?

jlcb24

Bluelighter
I take 20 mg Citalopram daily and have been insufflating MDPV daily for the past two weeks. I didn't even consider that an interaction might occur between the two substances, one being an SSRI and the other an NDRI. Is it possible that MDPV has a serotonergic component to it as well? I thought the chemical was purely an NDRI and wouldn't effect serotonin levels at all.

Have I taken any major risks (besides daily use of an RC) with this combination? Any response would be deeply appreciated.

There is no serontonin action and therefore no interaction when snorted.

There is a small chance of a serontonergic decomposition product when smoked though, so I'd avoid this ROA if you're at all worried.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was reading some things about serotonin syndrome occurring with the usage of other cathinones and was temporarily worried. Those in question must also effect serotonin in addition to dopamine and norepinephrine.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was reading some things about serotonin syndrome occurring with the usage of other cathinones and was temporarily worried. Those in question must also effect serotonin in addition to dopamine and norepinephrine.

Correct. If you intend to try pretty much any other cathinone (methylone, mephedrone etc.) I'd recommend tapering off your citalopram. If only so that you can enjoy the effects more (interactions and seratonin syndrome is a concern at high doses; but not a likely outcome).

Be careful though, my ex-mrs was on Citalorpam, and then Cipralex (which is a much better version btw), and when she came off, even through tapering, she went through a period where her depression was a lot worse than before she'd even started taking meds. Depending on your condition, you might decide it's best to not come off at all, in which case you will enjoy other cathinones, but will certainly not experience their full effects.

I was prescribed Citalopram to manage my anxiety stemming from my brief stint as a hypochondriac<(for lack of a better word). These issues are long gone and I only stay on it to avoid the nasty withdrawal symptoms associated with SSRIs. I plan to taper off the SSRI as soon as possible (under a Dr.'s supervision of course) in order to experience the remaining cathinones before they become entirely illegal.